• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Jumping

Dr Wang

Reaction score
So the skullgirls we have today is very simple with the combos, such as beat extend and super sonic. And that if jumping was added it would change the whole game, but is it to much to add that feature? Since that it may throw off balance of every player, ( that isn't new and just started the game .)

Reactions: Skulltoon
trying to implement a jump feature may be kind of difficult because - assuming that the jump mechanic would also be a swipe up motion - it would have to coexist with the launch mechanic. if the jump mechanic did get another command, however (swipe up twice or something) it would be a bit complex. i agree, adding a jump mechanic would change the game, but it may make things a bit more confusing than people want it to be.

So the skullgirls we have today is very simple with the combos, such as beat extend and super sonic. And that if jumping was added it would change the whole game, but is it to much to add that feature? Since that it may throw off balance of every player, ( that isn't new and just started the game .)
For an example of high level skullgirls gameplay, just look at any of the console game matches. I think SGM strikes a good balance between simple and deep, jumping would probably end up being too complicated. As much as I want to do cool stuff like the console games, I don't think its possible.

Here's an example of a crazy set.

i'm not 100% familiar with how touch inputs can be read by phones, but 2 fingers on the screen with only 1 finger swiping could be used for jumping without over complicating it??? it currently reads as a grab input
  1. Peacock's The Hole Idea: 2 fingers, 1 swipes down
  2. *Painwheel's Flight Risk: 2 fingers, 1 swipes up
  3. everyone, reads as a jump: 2 fingers, 1 swipe up
the input is easily accessible from blocking, making it safe to perform for a punish if timed properly. if an automated or input dependent jump attack is added with enough hitstun to continue into a jab combo upon landing would be even better

*i have no experience with Painwheel

Here's an example of a crazy set.
omg liam is nuts

@Dr Wang
During our early prototyping I believe we experimented with more complicated control schemes that included jumping, but in the end we decided to err on the simpler side.
I like to think we've done a good job of striking a balance between complicated and accessible controls, so we don't have any plans to include anything like that right now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
The air juggle is kinda buggy atm aka parasoul missing THICC(heavy) enemies
so i dont think jumping is a good thing to implement

omg liam is nuts

@Dr Wang
During our early prototyping I believe we experimented with more complicated control schemes that included jumping, but in the end we decided to err on the simpler side.
I like to think we've done a good job of striking a balance between complicated and accessible controls, so we don't have any plans to include anything like that right now.

Thanks for the suggestion!
That video is the definition of hype. My current complaints with the control scheme would be that Hole Idea and Flight is tough to execute 100% of the time.