• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Leveling for Max-Level Characters( & maybe fixing the key problem)

Takio

Reaction score
Disclaimer:
This isn't about making them stronger than technically possible. The maximum fighter score won't be changed.

Recently I've gotten to the point were I've got a couple of max level characters in Bronze and Silver, and while they're good for Prize Fights, it always seems like a waste of experience when a 0 pops up on the exp screen. After some thinking I came to a possible solution.

Expertise Levels (EL)
(That term is from an MMO, there's probably something more fitting than that)

The thought behind ELs is that, instead of the exp usually gained after fights disappearing into nothingness, they will go into an experience pool that, if filled, is much like a regular level emptied and you get rewards based on the rarity. This pool would need at least as much exp to fill as the last level of that rarity (from 29/39/49 to max level respectively).

Possible rewards include:

The typical
  1. Reset of the energy meter to max
  2. gain of upgrade tokens (amount depending on rarity)
The goal with those is to make them still give rewards but make them give them a lot slower than PF's or non-maxed characters while still not wasting experience.

Now, maybe the more controversial idea:

3. a certain chance (of 20% or less) to get a key of the current rarity of the fighter
(This one probably needs some tweaking when it comes to drop percentage)

I know this sounds like it's contradictory to my statement about the first 2, but the time where you can reliably get e.g. bronze keys from ELs you'll probably already have enough gold fighters and may not need to strengthen too many bronze characters to stay in the game.
And I think because of the amount of exp needed for each EL and that it's only a certain chance to get the keys they will get appropriate rarities. Bronze and Silver keys wouldn't be nearly as rare as they are now while still keeping gold keys a rare commodity for the players albeit slightly less rare than before.

Before writing this I checked the suggestion forum threads and both key shortage and max level experience wasting both had separate entries so I thought this would be a good way to get two birds with one stone.

Yeah, I’ve always had a similar thought on my mind because that “+0XP” does feel like such a shame.

I actually really like this idea!

However, I do understand that the devs probably don't want people to just use Max Level characters all the time. Making it feel like you're wasting time using them is a gentle way of encouraging you to use different characters more.

At the same time the game does kind of require that you often use max level guys if you want to win PFs, so having *some* benefit to using Max characters would be nice. Even if the reward you got for 'leveling up' past 50 was something small like some coins or a random special move.

Love love love the idea of an experience pool.

It's so demoralising having around 40 gold fighters, all level 50, then having a level 1 gold character and having to re-level basically because it's a new character :3 :3 :#

I want to play with the new character straight away, not a month or two later when it is level 35 or 40 and actually capable of fighting at top tier fights in Prize Events :3 An EXP pool is a VERY nice idea... so we can give this to our new level 1 golds once the new golds are out.