• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Make Rising Temperatures a defensive catalyst

.Ron

Reaction score
Frost Armor, High Waters, Into Thin Air, Dark Nut, Lightweight, and Last Words. All these catalyst provides a defensive capabilty for fighters within their respective elements. Meanwhile, Fire elements have catalyst that provides Enrage for an additional offensive power which could be good, but in my opinion, most players prioritize defense over offense for their fighters in rift battles which is why we don't see Triple Fire nodes with both Fire Catalyst in rift battles that much.

So, why not make a defensive fire catalyst? As of now, we have two Fire catalyst, Fire Starter and Rising Temperature. Out of these two, Rising Temperature seems to be the best candidate to be a defensive fire catalyst since Fire Starter is good as it is.

To make Rising Temperatures a defensive fire catalyst, I would suggest that it gives the fighter a timeless Enrage every 15/5 seconds which could be removed by knocking down the fighter and while close to the opponent while benefitting from Enrage, the opponent loses a % of their health.

I think with this suggestion, we could see more Triple Fire nodes in Rift Battles and players trying to diversify their bases in Rift.

Last edited:
I agree that Fire Catalysts are some of the more rarely seen Catalysts. It could be because as you said, they're a bit more offense based than defense.
That's an interesting idea for Rising Temperature. Any thoughts on how to make Fire Starter more viable?

Reactions: Yomady
I agree with rising temperature acting a psuedo-bleed or maybe chunking like Summer salt (extinguish the flame if you dont want to get burnt).

How about Fire starter... Fire element fighters gain a stack of precision, and attacks become unblockable while having precision? because, the way it is now, despite it being really good at building up damage it doesnt do much since I can just block and never let them gain permanent enrage.

This would force the player to be more precise in their defense or find a way to get rid of precision. Although I feel like it would become extremely tough for the boss nodes (especially against fighters like harlequin, dragon brawler and Private D).

Reactions: Cartoon friend