• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

SvenZ

Reaction score
1716812282008.png1715801351195.png1716812296876.png
A lot of people say Snake Charmer is bad, and I understand why. Maid of Honor is the defensive Marie, Phantom Wrangler is the offensive one, and Snake Charmer is left as the utility one. However, there are some issues around accessing her utility that don't make her a favorable pick in a lot of people's eyes. This suggestion aims at fixing that via some small adjustments, while keeping her original design.

Signature Ability 1
OLD

While at least 80/65/50% CHARGED, using a SPECIAL MOVE inflicts IMMOBILIZE and DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS for 10 seconds each.​
NEW

MORTUARY CHARGE builds up 20/35/50% faster. While at least 80/65/50% CHARGED, using a SPECIAL MOVE inflicts IMMOBILIZE and DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS for 10 seconds each.​
Reasons for the SA1 buff:
1. SA1 is good for new players, as it's a reliable way of applying Disable Blockbuster. The only issue is the speed at which you access the effect. Yes, 50% charge is not super hard to achieve, but it has to be kept in mind that she competes with a lot of other strong Marie variants.

2. Marie currently doesn't have a variant which allows her to quickly build up Mortuary Charges. Given that her SA2 strictly works out of using it, allowing a fast charge would be beneficial.

3. SA2 requirements contradict SA1 requirements. Meaning that once you use a Mortuary Charge, your SA1 will not trigger anymore and you'll have to charge up again. I understand the reasoning behind this decision, however given the speed of the game, it quickly falls out of favor in the later stages. With this change, you can quickly build up the necessary charge to trigger SA1 again.

4. Given that she's a Silver, I don't think she should be incredibly strong, but she should serve a niche. And her niche should be an easy access to revive, thanks to fast Mortuary Charge build up. Her relatively low damage and average health make her a perfect candidate for this role

Signature Ability 2
OLD

When using a MORTUARY CHARGE, all teammates gain 25/35/50% BLOCKBUSTER METER and permanent ENRAGE.​
NEW

When using a MORTUARY CHARGE: on INCINERATING a dead body, grant permanent 1/2/3 ENRAGE to all allies or 1/2/3 ARMOR when REVIVING an ally. A stack of ARMOR and ENRAGE are lost when knocked down.​
Reasons for the SA2 buff:
1. This change will give her a much more impactful use of a Mortuary Charge. It's already a slightly stronger version of her Incinerate Marquee. We're however removing the bonus BB Meter aspect, and only enchasing the buffs.

2. Armor is now also added, making her more viable as a defender. The improved Mortuary charge time makes a more viable revive option, and she can work quite well with armor based characters, and be especially useful in rifts.

3. A charge of ARMOR and ENRAGE are moved however when knocked down for balance purposes.

4. Each buff is gained via Incinerate and Revive respectfully. So on offense, she'll grant more damage and synergy with Enrage based characters. On defense, she boosts defenses even further

Changelog
27th of May 2024​
[OLD]
When using a MORTUARY CHARGE, all teammates gain 25/35/50% BLOCKBUSTER METER and permanent ENRAGE and THORNS.
[NEW]
When using a MORTUARY CHARGE: on INCINERATING a dead body, grant permanent 1/2/3 ENRAGE to all allies or 1/2/3 ARMOR when REVIVING an ally. A stack of ARMOR and ENRAGE are lost when knocked down.
Old Reasoning behind SA2 changes
1. SA2 already as already mentioned allows you to almost immediately use a BB3 if you have your marquee leveled up. And the Enrage buff is nice, however due to how slow it's gained and how many other characters give Enrage, but faster, imo the SA2 should add 1 more buff.

2. Why Thorns? I was torn(pun intended) between Thorns and Armor. Both are defensive, however I then considered in which teams she'd be good. With her current design, she's better suited for offense, so Thorns was the obvious answer. A lot of characters synergize well with Thorns, providing them not only with a defensive, but also offensive upper hand.

3. This will interestingly enough make her synergize better with one of her own variants, "Bare Bones". Not greatly mind you, but characters like Unfazed for example would benefit extremely well from this. Even without the SA1 buff, this change alone could make her a staple on certain teams.

Bonus: A lot of people seem to forget that Marie herself benefits from SA2, so combined with her Marquee "Improved Incineration", she gains a total of 75% BB meter after using a Mortuary Charge, pretty much guaranteeing a BB3 use from her. And with the improved charge rate, BB3 can also benefit from the damage bonus, since you can charge up charges much faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Whanged her SA2 to the following:

- When INCINERATING a dead body, grant permanent 1/2/3 ENRAGE to all allies.
- When REVIVING an ally, grant permanent 1/2/3 ARMOR to all allies.
- A stack of ARMOR and ENRAGE are lost when knocked down.

Her SA2 was already a glorified version of her marquee "Improved Incineration". So let's double down on it and make it more viable. She no longer provides BB Meter, but instead a lot more stacks of Enrage and also Armor now.

Combined with her faster charge time from SA1, she can be an annoying early game defender with the extra armor she provides when reviving. Or she can provide a decent attack boost to your team, along with benefiting ENRAGE based characters a lot more now

- When INCINERATING a dead body, grant permanent 1/2/3 ENRAGE to all allies.
- When REVIVING an ally, grant permanent 1/2/3 ARMOR to all allies.
- A stack of ARMOR and ENRAGE are lost when knocked down.
It seems you've run into a classic SGM translation mix-up (I.E. Timeless Hero) by saying a buff is permanent yet can be lost when knocked dow, it should be timeless instead to get around that wording.
Her SA2 was already a glorified version of her marquee "Improved Incineration". So let's double down on it and make it more viable. She no longer provides BB Meter, but instead a lot more stacks of Enrage and also Armor now.
You turned her into a budget Megalomaniac but with an easier way to pull it off, I like the meter one but this change is good.
Combined with her faster charge time from SA1, she can be an annoying early game defender with the extra armor she provides when reviving. Or she can provide a decent attack boost to your team, along with benefiting ENRAGE based characters a lot more now
Making her a cheaper option for those (like me) who didn't get Seraph Soldier was a clever idea. Good rework, there's potential room for improvement from more experienced players, but I wouldn't mind if she gets this rework

It seems you've run into a classic SGM translation mix-up (I.E. Timeless Hero) by saying a buff is permanent yet can be lost when knocked dow, it should be timeless instead to get around that wording.

You turned her into a budget Megalomaniac but with an easier way to pull it off, I like the meter one but this change is good.

Making her a cheaper option for those (like me) who didn't get Seraph Soldier was a clever idea. Good rework, there's potential room for improvement from more experienced players, but I wouldn't mind if she gets this rework
Thanks for the review! How do you advise I reword the description? On a lot of characters which gain a permanent attribute that can be lost, it's worded the same way.

Thanks for the review! How do you advise I reword the description? On a lot of characters which gain a permanent attribute that can be lost, it's worded the same way.
Your wording is fine. The main reason for gaining a modifier as 'permanent' as it prevents other abilities from removing them. As you said, that templating is in use on multiple modifiers/abilities, especially where there are other requirements/triggers to removing them.

Reactions: SvenZ