• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters My opinion on the enemy only fighters’ SA’s

AFI

Reaction score
So with the new update there were some new enemy exclusive fighters added in. Idol Threat Filia, Pyro-Technique Valentine and Star Crossed Parasoul from last update. All three of them have unique and interesting SA’s but I have some suggestions for some improvements for them.

Star crossed Parasoul stuns her enemies for 3 seconds if she blocks just as the enemy attacks, reminds me of Bayonetta a bit lol. She also does 100% extra blockbuster damage against stunned enemies. I think this SA is the best of the bunch, it seems useful and cool, if I had to change one thing it would be to maybe increase the stun duration for an extra second so you have time to start a combo before you start pelting them with blockbusters so that it feels like you got a really good punish for blocking exactly on time.

Pyro Technique inflicts Wither for 10 seconds if she hits with a charge attack and gains enrage for 10 seconds when hitting an enemy that has a fully depleted blockbuster. Obviously at the start of a battle you can use a charge attack, get enrage and then wait until the small charge they got from being hit is withered away to keep pelting them with attacks and stacking your enrage into the sky. I think this is a cool ability also, and now you finally have a reason to get unblockable charge attacks on anything that isn’t painwheel! But maybe a change to the second part of the ability to grant enrage every time one of the opponent’s blockbusters is fully depleted would be a more powerful version. Overall I really like this SA, it’s really cool and more offensive Valentine’s is awesome.

Idol Threat possibly has the most lacklustre of all of the SA’s. She gains Last Stand for 5 seconds when evading an attack with a backdash and regains 200% percent of the damage she does as health against a dashing enemy. The first part is really cool, the heal part seems really useless. I think a better alternative would be to gain 5 seconds of Last Stand when evading an attack and while benefitting from Last Stand all attacks have a 20% chance to recover 200% of the damage as health.

Overall they’re all really cool, but I think the changes that I’ve suggested could make them feel really awesome.

Attachments

• 0F485223-8750-4729-B674-46899C826C6F.png
    0F485223-8750-4729-B674-46899C826C6F.png
    495 KB · Views: 12
I agree that the AI's are pretty cool and it actually brings me a lot of hope! There are a lot of awesome color palette's which SGM gamers have been dying to see (I actually created a threat asking people their opinions a little while ago) and the addition of these new AI's with varying palettes and abilities is a great way to bring a little more flavor to the game while also letting players see how they like the abilities the fighters have. I know that the star-crossed Parasoul is gold tier, but I'm not entirely sure about the other two. That being said, the Star-crossed sounds a little risky, but rewarding. I'm not entirely sure she is gold-tier worthy though (this is my own opinion, of course). I do agree with you that what stands could use a little more modification if it is going to be released as a playable fighter. Overall, I'm really optimistic that we will get some more amazing color palettes and fighters that the players get to have a say on!

Unfortunately I think they’re already set in stone. They’re showing them off at combo breaker, but It’ll be interesting to see if they changed them.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
Our newest Gold fighters are tuned towards skilled players - more so than usual.

Some of their SA's may not seem that powerful on paper, but with careful timing and precision, these SAs should be plenty powerful. Unfortunately our AI isn't very clever when it comes to using these SAs well.

Appreciate all the feedback! I'll pass it along. : )