• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights New Throw Debuff Activation

fanghoul

Reaction score
So everyone has probably already noticed that if Headstrong Cerebella or Wulfsbane Beowulf grab you, they now sometimes apply their debuff even if you break the throw. This is apparently an intended change.

I've found a particularly obnoxious instance of this though: The Overload catalyst gives enemies a 25% chance to stun for 5 seconds on hit. What this means is that if you're grabbed, it's possible to be stunned before you can throw break. It's rare for me to really call something "unfair" let alone yell it out loud in frustration, but this one instance...

Provided you don't get cornered, it's not impossible to avoid throws without using throw breaks. I don't know, I might just need to adapt, but at the moment it has me really irritated.

I guess I'm looking for other people's thoughts on the throw/debuff change, alongside reporting my annoyance at this particular instance.

Edit:
I think the reason that this bothered me so much is that it was an unexpected but large change in the type of thing that happens when you try to break a throw. Getting armor break/cripple/heal block can be annoying; Getting stunned on the Boss Node of Rift Battles can be immediately fatal, and was for me. This catalyst, plus the Jinx modifier mean that you can be easily taking +200% damage in an instant from enemies that already have +100% attack. It's enough that I'm thinking of completely redesigning my base around taking advantage of this combo of effects.

Last edited:
I think the whole idea of throw effects triggering on the grab (i.e. before the throw hit) should be scrapped. It vastly reduces the effectiveness of grab breaks. But at the very least, stun shouldn't be applied before we have a chance to break the grab. In addition to the Overloaded modifier, Coldstones Beowulf comes to mind as unfairly benefitting from this change. I wouldn't be surprised if people start stacking Coldstones with multiple Wulfshoots on that node, which would be sad to see.

Reactions: Luke and fanghoul
I think the whole idea of throw effects triggering on the grab (i.e. before the throw hit) should be scrapped. It vastly reduces the effectiveness of grab breaks. But at the very least, stun shouldn't be applied before we have a chance to break the grab. In addition to the Overloaded modifier, Coldstones Beowulf comes to mind as unfairly benefitting from this change. I wouldn't be surprised if people start stacking Coldstones with multiple Wulfshoots on that node, which would be sad to see.

Hadn't thought of that one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. The Lacerate modifier adding heavy bleed before you could throw break wasn't a ton of fun either.

Glad to hear there's still some work to be done on this though!

One of the issues we were dealing with was that "on the Xth hit of a combo, do a thing" wasn't working if that hit was also a throw. This was pretty unintuitive and confusing.

Feedback heard loud and clear! We'll be taking another pass at this for 3.3.

Reactions: fanghoul and Inked
The Overload catalyst gives enemies a 25% chance to stun for 5 seconds on hit. What this means is that if you're grabbed, it's possible to be stunned before you can throw break.
Just got hit by this. Cost me a "no fighter death" bonus on a node.

Cold stone is kinda benefitting from this but not for me. Proc on grab means precious second shorter of stun duration.

Reactions: educavalcantee