• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

New Variant Special Effects

transalpina

Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I'm thinking of compiling a video of the interesting special effects the SGM devs has been putting on the new variants lately, but I want to make sure I don't miss any. Has this been done before? Let me know if I miss any from this list:

Apex Complex - Dash movement after-images
Beast King - Special moon on BB3
Blue Streak - Gold transformation on BB use
Bombshell - Costume changes on Tear explosion
Brass Bandit - Dash and BB1 (T4) after-images
Deal Breaker - Intro animation, BB screen effects, and BB1 (T3) TV
Foot Soldier - Eye flash on BB use
Grave Danger - BB screen effect & opponent defeat effects
Head Hunter - BB2 (T6) Explosion effect
Hex Caliber - Dash-back and BB1 (T4) effect
Megalomaniac - Uppercut animation difference
Mekastar - BB costume change and visual effect
Ogre Achiever - Hype Mode tier and activation effect
Reimaged - Block effect
Seraph Soldier - Tag-in light effect
Starlight Rose - Costume change on Star Power activation
Web Crawler - Costume change on BB use

LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED ANY!

EDIT: I will update the thread with the new special effects I find. Again, feel free to let me know what I missed!

Last edited:
Great list! I didn’t know more than half of these and look forward to seeing your compilation video.

Just a suggestion to maybe put out an initial version of the video anyways since YT gets more traffic than the forum. You can solicit feedback and additions from comments, then release an updated video maybe after the next batch of characters release in 6.3.

Reactions: transalpina
Great list! I didn’t know more than half of these and look forward to seeing your compilation video.

Just a suggestion to maybe put out an initial version of the video anyways since YT gets more traffic than the forum. You can solicit feedback and additions from comments, then release an updated video maybe after the next batch of characters release in 6.3.
Good idea! That does make sense. I don't have all the clips I want, however. (Starlight Rose) We'll see if Parallel Realms blesses me today.

Just did some testing with variants I have in training room.

Hex Caliber - It’s not just back dash but forward dash and landing from air all give her that summoning glyph. Also all BBs have that glyph as well, not just T4.

I couldn’t confirm TV from Dealbreaker BB1 (3) nor notice any difference with megalomaniac uppercut. Might need you to pause or do red circle in video to point out for these old eyes lol.

Would we consider Shadow Puppet's SA where the screen turns negative as a special effect? It is part of her ability, not just an additional interesting thing like Beast King. However, changing costumes is part of Bombshell's SA description and I am counting that. It's a hard one!

Would we consider Shadow Puppet's SA where the screen turns negative as a special effect? It is part of her ability, not just an additional interesting thing like Beast King. However, changing costumes is part of Bombshell's SA description and I am counting that. It's a hard one!
Good point! I wouldn’t count shadow puppet because that’s her unique SA. Also it’s not that interesting and somehow connected to her references.

I'm thinking of compiling a video of the interesting special effects the SGM devs has been putting on the new variants lately, but I want to make sure I don't miss any. Has this been done before? Let me know if I miss any from this list:

Apex Complex - Dash movement after-images
Beast King - Special moon on BB3
Blue Streak - Gold transformation on BB use
Bombshell - Costume changes on Tear explosion
Brass Bandit - Dash and BB1 (T4) after-images
Deal Breaker - Intro animation, BB screen effects, and BB1 (T3) TV
Foot Soldier - Eye flash on BB use
Head Hunter - BB2 (T6) Explosion effect
Hex Caliber - Dash-back and BB1 (T4) effect
Megalomaniac - Uppercut animation difference
Ogre Achiever - Hype Mode tier and activation effect
Seraph Soldier - Tag-in light effect
Starlight Rose - Costume change on Star Power activation
Web Crawler - Costume change on BB use

LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED ANY!
I would hate to release a video and have it be incomplete.
Will probably wait on release until the new fighters are out. Mekastar sounds like she has something & Reimaged had a special Block effect.
Ogre Achiever has animations on throws, not just hype mode

Ogre Achiever has animations on throws, not just hype mode
Do you mean unique throw animations? I didn't notice, but the footage I recorded certainly has the throws.

After reviewing it, I think you mean the onions and tomatoes that get thrown. Correct me if I'm wrong. As for that, I said "Hype Mode tier and activation effect." Meaning the 3 levels + Hype Mode activation, if this is what you mean. I will absolutely be noting that in the video, don't worry. Thank you for the reply, though, and if I missed anything else, please notify me!

recruited Grave Danger squiggly. Her effects are: 1. Background becomes pixelated when using any BB; 2. When defeating an opponent four balls come out. I don’t know her pallet reference well (mine craft?). Here’s replay if you want to watch or use 0jjd-1ha4d5z

Saw the new robo as opponent and her shield looks different.

Fun fact: the tomatoes and onions were introduced as sort of an anti-hype just for Beowulf when he fights against Black Dahlia in her club, The Bunny Burrow, stage for 2nd Encore. The idea is he gets booed instead of cheered when fighting the boss.

As for special effects, maybe the "texture fill" might minimally qualify?

• Fire Branded Annie = red-orange "fire" colored outer space
  • Model Leader Annie = blue water surface texture
  • Star-Crossed Parasoul = violet space for Krieg eyes and tears
  • Dark Horse Marie = dark purple space for hair

Also I play muted, so there might be unique audio stuff I'm unaware of.

recruited Grave Danger squiggly. Her effects are: 1. Background becomes pixelated when using any BB; 2. When defeating an opponent four balls come out. I don’t know her pallet reference well (mine craft?). Here’s replay if you want to watch or use 0jjd-1ha4d5z
Wow, that's the first replay I've seen! Those lime-yellow circles are experience orbs in Minecraft. One gets XP visually displayed like that from various tasks like slaying monsters and mining ore.

That Squigly is the Minecraft zombie and Leviathan is an Enderman.

Fun fact: the tomatoes and onions were introduced as sort of an anti-hype just for Beowulf when he fights against Black Dahlia in her club, The Bunny Burrow, stage for 2nd Encore. The idea is he gets booed instead of cheered when fighting the boss.

As for special effects, maybe the "texture fill" might minimally qualify?

• Fire Branded Annie = red-orange "fire" colored outer space
  • Model Leader Annie = blue water surface texture
  • Star-Crossed Parasoul = violet space for Krieg eyes and tears
  • Dark Horse Marie = dark purple space for hair

Also I play muted, so there might be unique audio stuff I'm unaware of.

Wow, that's the first replay I've seen! Those lime-yellow circles are experience orbs in Minecraft. One gets XP visually displayed like that from various tasks like slaying monsters and mining ore.

That Squigly is the Minecraft zombie and Leviathan is an Enderman.
I thought that Leviathan would be the Ender Dragon. Still super cool.

Saw the new robo as opponent and her shield looks different.
Thanks so much! I got footage of the Squigly just before you posted, but I'd be happy to take anything else. So far I have documented Grave Danger and Mekastar. I update the thread periodically.

Finally recruited Mekastar if you need. She changes outfit upon using BBs and it has a special startup effect like some aura.
0h5p-1hhtbdu

Reactions: BallotBoxer
REQUEST - GOOD "Starlight Rose" Footage. Video is almost done, I just need some footage of the only one I never ended up getting to drop in recruit nodes while I could. Can be in training mode, just try to have her standing frame, both in and out of star-power mode. Thanks so much in advance!

i tag her in around 2:00, see the visual changes when I activate star power

4ljq-1i02ouj

(all replays that have her in first somehow bug out)

Last edited: