• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.3.0 Update Notes (LIVE!)

BEOWULF INSTEAD OF FORTUNE?! PURE LUNACY I TELL YOU!

Naw just kidding, sounds like a lot of good changes in there. Eager to dive into some new content mainly. Tbh not that big a fan of Beowulf but I'll build him up anyway cause ya gotta catch em all!

Reactions: CryGutted
The number one variant...is that a reference to the we are number one meme...I can hear it...help me...
And now, I wonder if someone will make a We are Number One but it's Beowulf instead video.

Curiouser and more curiouser...!

Reactions: Black Egret#13
  • Prize Fight Reward Tuning
    • Prize Fights Milestone Rewards now grant 50% less Theonite and 50% more Canopy Coins
In other words, devs are introducing new ways to spend theonite, therefore increasing its value in the game, and - at the same time - they're cuting half of the weekly supply that FTP players can get on Prize Fights... Really nice huh?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the franchise and the mobile game, specially due to the dedication and support the devs always showed us players through constant feedback response in this forum, but that was a huge kick in the groins for FTP players. Overall, most of the twitching and bug fixing, along with the new character announcement were long time due and will really bring a huge improvement to the game as it is. But this theonite crap? That was like presenting your costumers a huge mouth-watering strawberry cake and then sprinkling it with s*** right before serving it...

Whales won't be affected by this change, of course, no matter what happens their bellies will always be full. But for those who just can't afford to buy lot's of theonite that will be a giant crack on their will to keep playing it.

I know that to some it may seem like overreaction, but if you put it on perspective, a lot of players - and potencial players in the future - live in countries with undervalued currencies, which just makes theonite even more innacessible for them. For example, due to the exchange rate, theonite is more than 3 times more expensive for me than it is to US players. The cost of the 6250 theonite bundle is roughly that of my monthly food budget. That being said, I can still grind Prize Fights every day to get myself a 10+1 draw every 2 weeks. Now you're telling me I'll have to grind a whole month for that? I'm sorry, but I'm def dropping it..

Whales won't be affected by this change, of course, no matter what happens their bellies will always be full. But for those who just can't afford to buy lot's of theonite that will be a giant crack on their will to keep playing it.

I know that to some it may seem like overreaction

I'd say you're overreacting a bit. There's a whole thread about making theonite more attractive and more reasons to give some real money to this game. This is the nessesary start I'd say, but I still want more things to spend it on.

As it was the game was more than generous with both theonite and getting characters. So yeah it had to happen sooner or later.

I'd say you're overreacting a bit. There's a whole thread about making theonite more attractive and more reasons to give some real money to this game. This is the nessesary start I'd say, but I still want more things to spend it on.

As it was the game was more than generous with both theonite and getting characters. So yeah it had to happen sooner or later.

Yes, the game is quite generous with theonite, but with characters? Sure, we all have 3 or 4 of every Prize Event golden fighter already, but that's because the game is still relatively new, so there's not so many players as to make Prize Fights really competitive right now. Relics exclusive fighters, on the other hand, are just something else. My last 3 draws of 10+1 haven't rewarded me with a single golden fighter. Tough luck, i guess. It happens. But you know why I paid no mind to it? Because I knew I could grind some more and keep trying again. And that's a solid reason for FTP's to keep playing and enjoying it.

Now, if you have read what I've said about the cost of theonite worldwide you'd understand why I'm not so happy with this change, and the impact it will bring to FTP's capacity of keeping up with everyone else.

And even though I agree with you that new ways of expending theonite were necessary, making them scarcer is def not the way to accomplish that.

Reactions: CryGutted
This update looks amazing! Excited for everything listed except for the increase energy recharge and less coins and Theonite in prize events which is not a big deal, I have over 1,300 Theonite on me so I should not be running low anytime soon. Also for the new Origins story do you need the specific character to play that story?

Yes, the game is quite generous with theonite, but with characters? Sure, we all have 3 or 4 of every Prize Event golden fighter already, but that's because the game is still relatively new, so there's not so many players as to make Prize Fights really competitive right now. Relics exclusive fighters, on the other hand, are just something else. My last 3 draws of 10+1 haven't rewarded me with a single golden fighter. Tough luck, i guess. It happens. But you know why I paid no mind to it? Because I knew I could grind some more and keep trying again. And that's a solid reason for FTP's to keep playing and enjoying it.

Now, if you have read what I've said about the cost of theonite worldwide you'd understand why I'm not so happy with this change, and the impact it will bring to FTP's capacity of keeping up with everyone else.

And even though I agree with you that new ways of expending theonite were necessary, making them scarcer is def not the way to accomplish that.

I guess I see your point. I've also never gotten a single relic exclusive from their exclusive box (those rates are harsh). It sucks but at the same time yeah, I've already got between 2-4 of the other gold version of that character so it doesn't really bother me.

That said I also haven't spent money on the game yet because I haven't felt there was something that I wanted/any real reason to spend money yet. As a general rule I feel like if I'm enjoying the game enough I throw some money at it just to help support the devs...but right now I have no idea what I'd spend it on if I did.

So I guess for me it's more an issue that I don't see the value in theonite as it stands now so making it harder to get doesn't really change that.

I guess I see your point. I've also never gotten a single relic exclusive from their exclusive box (those rates are harsh). It sucks but at the same time yeah, I've already got between 2-4 of the other gold version of that character so it doesn't really bother me.

That said I also haven't spent money on the game yet because I haven't felt there was something that I wanted/any real reason to spend money yet. As a general rule I feel like if I'm enjoying the game enough I throw some money at it just to help support the devs...but right now I have no idea what I'd spend it on if I did.

So I guess for me it's more an issue that I don't see the value in theonite as it stands now so making it harder to get doesn't really change that.

The only exclusive I've got so far is Eliza. And it took me 2 tries of 10+1's for that. Lol.

Purchasing nodes with theonite was a really great implement in this direction. I hope that upgrading moves the same way comes next, bc those golden BB's get expensive af.

Reactions: Poringsmasher
In other words, devs are introducing new ways to spend theonite, therefore increasing its value in the game, and - at the same time - they're cuting half of the weekly supply that FTP players can get on Prize Fights... Really nice huh?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the franchise and the mobile game, specially due to the dedication and support the devs always showed us players through constant feedback response in this forum, but that was a huge kick in the groins for FTP players. Overall, most of the twitching and bug fixing, along with the new character announcement were long time due and will really bring a huge improvement to the game as it is. But this theonite crap? That was like presenting your costumers a huge mouth-watering strawberry cake and then sprinkling it with s*** right before serving it...

I know that to some it may seem like overreaction, but if you put it on perspective, a lot of players - and potencial players in the future - live in countries with undervalued currencies, which just makes theonite even more innacessible for them. For example, due to the exchange rate, theonite is more than 3 times more expensive for me than it is to US players. The cost of the 6250 theonite bundle is roughly that of my monthly food budget. That being said, I can still grind Prize Fights every day to get myself a 10+1 draw every 2 weeks. Now you're telling me I'll have to grind a whole month for that? I'm sorry, but I'm def dropping it..
Dunno, i haven't really spent any theonite in the past 3 weeks or so and have 4500 of it right now through prize fights and dailies - they NEED to make theonite rarer so tjere is any incentive to buy it at all.

I've got most of my dream team assembled (none of the relic exclusives though) so there's nothing i'd consider spending theonite on other than refreshing energy here and there and i've only been playing for a little over a month or so.

That's no good for a game that needs people to spend money on microtransactions.

So personally, i agree with the devs making it a little harder to grind premium currency, though i can understand that theonite is more expsensive for and that really does suck.
50% may sound harsh, but we gotta see how that feels when playing in the end.

I personally just want them to add more things like cosmetic changes lile different intro animations or changing colour palettes, the other announcers from the main game etc.

is 1.30 still coming out in July or has it been delayed?

I have no complaint with these new economy adjustments. For a F2P game, this is one of the most generous ones I've ever played. They give you at least $100 worth of Theonites after completing everything.

I have no complaint with these new economy adjustments. For a F2P game, this is one of the most generous ones I've ever played. They give you at least $100 worth of Theonites after completing everything.

Moist, your take on MGR and Battle Butt invalidates any opinion you might have. Jk.

But after some consideration I've changed my opinion on this theonite adjustment. After doing the math, I've figured that maybe this change won't be so harsh as I initially thought.

The way it was, FTP were able to grind +/-50 theonite per day with daily missions, + 250 theonites every PF. That would amount to roughly 850 theonites every week. After 1.3.0., players will receive 250 theonites less per week, which translates to 600 theonites every week still. It could be worse I guess.

Dunno, i haven't really spent any theonite in the past 3 weeks or so and have 4500 of it right now through prize fights and dailies - they NEED to make theonite rarer so tjere is any incentive to buy it at all.

I've got most of my dream team assembled (none of the relic exclusives though) so there's nothing i'd consider spending theonite on other than refreshing energy here and there and i've only been playing for a little over a month or so.

That's no good for a game that needs people to spend money on microtransactions.

So personally, i agree with the devs making it a little harder to grind premium currency, though i can understand that theonite is more expsensive for and that really does suck.
50% may sound harsh, but we gotta see how that feels when playing in the end.

I personally just want them to add more things like cosmetic changes lile different intro animations or changing colour palettes, the other announcers from the main game etc.

I've saved almost 5k myself this past month, but I've spent it all on 10+1 for painwheel and filia, and didn't get any of the exclusives, tho D:
What are you saving them for?

I'd love to see cosmetics intros and skins for fighter, like overwatch does, but I don't think we'll see such things anytime soon.

What I really miss in this game are dynamic prices that take in consideration each place currency, the same way Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes used to have. The way it is now, not only theonites purchases cost 3 times more due to exchange rates, but they're also under taxation by 2 different countries, since it's an international purchase ):

I've saved almost 5k myself this past month, but I've spent it all on 10+1 for painwheel and filia, and didn't get any of the exclusives, tho D:
What are you saving them for?

I'd love to see cosmetics intros and skins for fighter, like overwatch does, but I don't think we'll see such things anytime soon.

What I really miss in this game are dynamic prices that take in consideration each place currency, the same way Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes used to have. The way it is now, not only theonites purchases cost 3 times more due to exchange rates, but they're also under taxation by 2 different countries, since it's an international purchase ):

Nothing really, which is kind of the problem.
I'm currently busy maxing out my favorite fighters and might spend my theonite on Beowulf Relics when they drop (though i also have almost 80 Relics from the Story mode lying around in my inventory lol)

I'd think skins should be local anyway, since you don't want to confuse players when your enemy Epic Sax suddenly looks like a Bronze Big Band or something. So other than that i'd think it should be easy enough to implement no? Since the Colour palettes already exist.

Same with intro animations (unless they didn't import all intro animations for every colour palette, in which case they'd need to be added first)

And yeah, the same amount of money should get you the same value no matter where you live :/
Hope they find a way around that soon