• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.4.0 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Daily logins and the streak preview is a nice add on to the game.
Something I would like to see added is an option to sell a move when you obtain it, instead of having to go into collections. And you've already mention that the next next update may have stat previews for moves when we get them.
Thanks for the update and the game.
When and where did they say there will be stat preview? I need that feature so bad, but didnt find it in this update note.

Reactions: Psyche
I'm daringly doing a pre-emptive bug report: please explain whether the waiting poses for unblockable BB3s (like waiting for opponent to tag in) count as SuperFlash and therefore freeze the clock and fight modifiers. I hope they don't but it's worth mentioning because if they do, that would logically mean that the Stun condition gets frozen when you're trying to wait for it to expire, hence trapping the game to that moment as BB3s still seem to be waiting for that condition in particular to wear off before starting.

Something I would like to see added is an option to sell a move when you obtain it, instead of having to go into collections.
I need that feature so bad, but didnt find it in this update note.
Agreed!
When new moves are obtained, we would like to let players preview the move stats, and also sell moves immediately.
This one is a bit tricky, so it won't be making it into 1.4 unfortunately.

The new 1.4.0 update will be going LIVE within the next couple of weeks. Notes on the changes you can expect below!

SIGNIFICANT PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY OPTIMIZATIONS
  • We’ve spent a significant amount of time and energy reworking and optimizing our existing systems and memory usage to hopefully increase stability and performance across all devices
  • There are still additional optimizations we plan to make, but this should be a significant step in the right direction

DAILY LOGIN BONUS

• Now, every day that you login, you get a free reward!
  • Rewards include Coins, Theonite, Move Relics, Premium Relics and - if you login for 24 days in a given month, you will receive a new SILVER LINING Relic that guarantees a Silver Fighter with DOUBLE the odds of getting a Gold (compared to the Shard to Get Relic)
hpxWkAGh.jpg

ORIGIN STORIES - BIG BAND
This is a story all about how Ben Birdland’s life got flipped, turned upside down...

nVKNgz4h.jpg

• Like Peacock’s Origin Story:
    • Requires Player Level 20 to Unlock
    • Every Fight within an Origin Story requires that you use a Fighter of that story’s character type
    • Origin Stories are NOT EASY, especially in Advanced and Expert mode. Get ready for a challenge!
  • UP NEXT: Painwheel, Valentine, and many more!
ECONOMY ADJUSTMENTS
  • Beowulf Fighters & Moves Added to Standard Relics
    • You can now get Beowulf Fighters and Moves from the standard non-exclusive Relics (Premiere, Shard to Get, Bronze/Silver/Gold Move Relics, etc)
  • Better Theonite > Canopy Coin Exchange Rate
    • We have increased the “BONUS” Canopy Coins you can get by trading in Theonite by 300%:
      • 40 Theonite → 8,000 Canopy Coins
      • 120 Theonite → 27,000 Canopy Coins (was 25,000)
      • 280 Theonite → 80,000 Canopy Coins (was 64,000)
      • 640 Theonite → 224,000 Canopy Coins (was 160,000)
      • 1,600 Theonite → 620,000 Canopy Coins (was 420,000)
  • Replaced $29.99 HC IAP with $19.99 IAP
    • There is now a new $19.99 USD IAP that grants 1,225 Theonite (the $29.99 USD IAP has been removed)
  • Increased Max Move Cap
    • The maximum number of moves increased from 300 to 400
    • We plan to allow players to increase this cap via Theonite in the future, but in the meantime - hopefully this helps to alleviate some of the Move Cap pressure
NEW MEDICI PRIZE FIGHTS
We have added two new types of Medici Prize Fights (in addition to the one every weekend). These events will alternate weekly:
  • Bonus Medici Shakedown
    • Every other week, there will be an ADDITIONAL 48 hour Medici Prize Fight in the middle of the week (Wednesday/Thursday)
    • This event will have a new modifier, but the same rewards as the weekend event
  • New 24-hour Medici Event
    • Every other week, one day will feature a 24-hour Medici Event (ex: Medici Heist) that offers the same amount of Canopy Coins as a Medici Shakedown event, but in half the time!
    • These events will feature one-sided (opponent only) modifiers that are more challenging than Medici Shakedown
    • In addition to Canopy Coins, you can also earn Gold Move Relics as Milestone and final rewards (for the Top 100 players)
GENERAL COMBAT UPDATES
NOTE: All these changes apply to players as well as AI opponents
  • Increased Blockbuster Tier 3 Meter Requirements
    • We have increased the amount of meter it takes to trigger a BB3 by 25%
    • This is NOT intended to be the be-all-end-all solution to BB3 balancing, but rather a short term step in the right direction pending other adjustments. Stay tuned!
  • Special Move Damage Revisions
    • After getting some reports of Special Move damage not lining up with their listed tier, we did some investigation and found a number of issues that were causing those values to not be aligned
    • We have made a pass on all Special Moves in the game to ensure that they now properly align to their damage tier - specifics on which moves were affected in the Character section below
  • Disable Modifier Updates
    • Fixed a bug where the Disable modifier would not properly freeze Move access or cooldown
    • When DISABLED, Special Move, Blockbuster, and Tag In icons will now feature a LOCK icon
  • Modifier Timers will Pause during Blockbuster Startup Frames
    • All Modifier Timers will be paused during the SuperFlash that triggers at the beginning of BBs to allow more time for pre-Blockbuster modifiers to apply during the Blockbuster animation
  • Fight Timer will Pause during Blockbusters
    • The Fight Timer will now pause during Blockbusters
    • This also means that a fight will not 'time out' until after Blockbuster moves have finished
  • Blockbuster Queueing
    • You can now queue a Blockbuster to fire during an existing Blockbuster
    • NOTE: Your opponent may still have the opportunity to perform another action in between (Tag Out, a Blockbuster of their own, etc)
  • AI Improvements
    • After successfully blocking a BB, enemies should block for the remainder of the BB. This was most noticeable versus moves like Argus Agony, where the AI would block the laser, then charge into the “bullets”. :p
    • Fixed some issues with irregular AI blocking behavior
  • Random Modifier Lists Updated
    • Any event that triggers "Random" modifiers (ex: OFF TEMPO, EVIL PRESENCE or THOUSAND PLAGUES), now includes SLOW, HEAL BLOCK, HASTE, and LAST STAND)
  • Daily Events - First Aid Modifier Adjustment
    • The First Aid modifier (present in many Daily Event fights) has been changed from granting Heavy Regen permanently after the Fighter drops below 10% to granting Heavy Regen for 10 seconds if the Fighter is below 10%
  • Misc Fixes
    • Fixed bug where fighters would 'teleport' back several steps at the start of the fight
    • Stun logic updated so that characters can be stunned immediately after a given stun expires
    • Standardized Stagger hit reaction animation duration
    • Fixed bug that prevented the DEFENSE % stat from being properly capped at 50%
CHARACTER SPECIFIC UPDATES
  • Beowulf
    • SM Wulf Blitzer damage reduced by 20%
    • SM Wulf Shoot damage increased by 20%
    • SM Gigan Arm Sweep damage reduced by 20%
    • Penguin Referees may now make an appearance under particular fight completion circumstances
  • Big Band
    • SM Brass Knuckles damage reduced by 20%
    • Epic Sax’s Circular Breathing SA can now trigger "Heavy Regen"
    • Fixed issue with 1st level of Private Dick’s Stunning Performance SA that would cause him to stun himself by accident
    • Fixed bug where the camera would continue to follow enemy character's movements if BB1 Beat Extend move was interrupted
    • Fixed issues with Big Band’s Dash attack (after unlocking his Character Ability) to prevent unintended Unflinching status after connecting with the attack
  • Cerebella
    • SM Merry Go Rilla is now punishable during its recovery
    • SM Merry Go Rilla is now listed as LOW damage instead of MED
    • Fixed non-progression that can occur when Cerebella dies while performing SM Battle Butt attack
  • Eliza
    • SM Chaos Banish damage increased by 33%
  • Filia
    • SM French Twist damage increased by 60%
    • Increased reliability of BB2 Widow's Peak
    • Increased reliability of BB3 Fenrir Drive to help ensure that it never whiffs
    • Fixed issue that would cause Filia’s Crit Rate to drop to 0% after successfully Evading an attack via her Character Ability
  • Painwheel
    • SM Violet Grudge damage increased by 60%
    • SM Pinion Dash damage increased by 33%
    • SM Cruel Lily damage increased by 15%
    • SM Gae Bolga Stinger damage reduced by 20%
    • Increased reliability of BB2 Fracture Reaper (including while enemy is already launched)
  • Parasoul
    • SM Egret Moto damage reduced by 33%
    • Improved reliability of BB2 Canopy Bounce
  • Peacock
    • SM Boxcar George damage reduced by 20%
    • SM Air Show George damage reduced by 20%
    • SM George’s Day Out is now listed as LOW damage instead of MED
    • BB1 Argus Agony is now invincible until the initial laser fires
  • Valentine
    • SM Dead Cross damage increased by 5% (GAME CHANGER)
All in all I'm really liking what 1.4.0 update looks like. Instead of me freaking out over streaks i can see where i stand, everything else seems pretty nice

All in all I'm really liking what 1.4.0 update looks like. Instead of me freaking out over streaks i can see where i stand, everything else seems pretty nice

I know right? What I really have to enjoy the most is having more to tease on upcoming dailies, while easily being able to look at your current PF streak. :D

Thank goodness for the move cap! I felt absolutely terrible only being restricted to 300 moves and then of course going out my way to get as many characters as possible...!

(I would like to ask if a possible option to spend coins / theonite is in the works to expand move space and such!)

At the same time, the changes are rather welcome move wise. I haven't tried Wulf Blitzer seeing as I hadn't gotten it but upgrading Wulf Shoot's damage is a wonderful edition considering how weak it was as a whole, even when upgraded to a higher level! (And also like, super pumped to get the Ref. Penguin)

That said, aside from move changes, I have to say, I'm always looking forward to updates you all have been doing thus far! It's commendable the way we've come at this point! I simply can't wait to get my hands on those daily login rewards...!

Agreed! When i first played beowulf i was really looking forward to seeing that penguin referee to really bring out my hype for this game. But now that i know he's coming i know all the fans are gonna give a Big Arooo when it comes

(I would like to ask if a possible option to spend coins / theonite is in the works to expand move space and such!)
Yup!
We plan to allow players to increase this cap via Theonite in the future, but in the meantime - hopefully this helps to alleviate some of the Move Cap pressure

Reactions: Wulfden and Psyche
On a side note, today while playing the Big Band daily event, a Harlequin Cerebella introduced herself saying "You can haz cheeseburguer."

If this isn't a wink at Ms. Fortune being the next character I'm gonna be so disappointed :(

On a side note, today while playing the Big Band daily event, a Harlequin Cerebella introduced herself saying "You can haz cheeseburguer."

If this isn't a wink at Ms. Fortune being the next character I'm gonna be so disappointed :(
Unfortunately I might have to burst your bubble by telling you that is probably not the case. While it's obviously a reference, the reason you probably haven't seen it before is because it's a matchup-specific introduction with Cerebella and Big Band, and according to my own experience requiring Cerebella to make her entrance via descent by circus loop elevator, meaning unless you have one of the two yourself you will need to face off against Armed Forces or Harlequin, the two golds. First she says "You can haz cheezburger" and he always replies "Now that's just bassist", though he will usually get cut off because the voice line runs past "SHOWTIME!" and into the start of the fight. To hear it in full, press pause as soon as you can confirm Cerebella is saying it, and Ben's dialogue should follow.

Reactions: MXDEX
UPDATE (8/30): 1.4.0 is currently in QA with LINE. Final release date is TBD, but the most likely release date (pending LINE then Apple approval) is either Friday (9/1) or Sunday (9/3) PST. Looking forward to releasing it ASAP!
Hopefully tomorrow so I can enjoy it on my three day weekend.

Well i wish i could tell because of the Update they have to push with apple but for android its good to go

I'm anxiously waiting with 2k theonites, are they changing anything other than adding Beowulf? I grabbed one of his packs and got a silver. Not sure if I feel like I need more of him lol.

It depends how you want to run your beowolfs. I honestly like Hype mans skill among the rest of the skins along with Cold stones because hype mans signature reduces your Opponents blockbuster meter at max hype along with three wolf moonsault which can lead into a more devastating combos, just like cold stones can hit a chance of stun which is really nice so its what i think but everyone has their own style

Only one I have is Number One. I guess for the sake of evolving him into gold potentially I SHOULD wait...