• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.4.2 Update Notes (LIVE!)

And a two-pack of Steven Universe characters! If you need a third to join Rock Star and Lapis Luxury, I recommend the Garnet Cerebella (seen here). That color scheme is rad.
I've only seen, what, two(?) episodes of SU but I'd pay good money for a Garnet Cerebella palette.

I haven't been as active recently but it's a great surprise to log on and see a new origin story waiting! AND a Tomb&Gloom/Weekend Warrior buff? AAAND a new Parasoul? Goodness I love this team.

The double xp boost sounds awesome too! I'll have to plan a day to take advantage of that lol

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Oh man. Aside from the extreme Squigly origin hype, I really like these buffs- especially for Hack n Splash, whose palette I like and always felt her high attack power was kind of wasted on an SA most people considered worthless. Her new one sounds much more versatile. Same goes for Ms. Trial. Weekend Warrior also sounds like he just gained a lot of defensive viability.
Only one I’m not sure about is That’s All Folks. I kinda feel like giving her evade is making her a little too close to Untouchable, but it’ a step in the right direction. Really appreciate you guys always listening to our feedback. Thank you!
Also psyched about those upcoming variants. Double’s Skull Heart palette is one of my favs, wonder what she’ll be like!

I have lost all my hopes to you guys.
You have deeply disappointed me.
Screenshot_20190809-130908_Skullgirls.jpg

Reactions: vucaar
I don't know if it is just me, but ever since the update during character select and after a match when none of the characters are moving they begin to glitch
Anything i can do to fix it

hey @Liam, happened again. Similar setup. Same device. Was fighting with bio against surgeon. Primed tagged in and became invisible. Soon after surgeon's s.a. kicked in. And my fighter got locked in their animation. Except this time they were flipped and all the directional input became inverted, e.g. dashing forward went backward etcetera. Only pause menu was working.
Huh, same thing happened to me as well, in a Rift Battle, no less. Didn’t cost me the overall win, but I really should have won that battle.

Attachments

• 994F39F1-23B4-44E9-B9D2-0AC15EE408F7.jpeg
    994F39F1-23B4-44E9-B9D2-0AC15EE408F7.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 790F877B-7B67-467B-92E9-6144B1B31A44.jpeg
    790F877B-7B67-467B-92E9-6144B1B31A44.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 15
  • D4EE204A-32BC-4B24-8EF1-0F12DC0829C1.jpeg
    D4EE204A-32BC-4B24-8EF1-0F12DC0829C1.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 16
Huh, same thing happened to me as well, in a Rift Battle, no less. Didn’t cost me the overall win, but I really should have won that battle.
This bug should be fixed now if you restart the app. We just pushed some changes that will be downloaded the next time that you start the app. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your understanding!

Reactions: TheDreidz and Diony
I am still experiencing the glitchy-flickering issue of characters.

Playing on Samsung S7 Edge.

Is there going to be another update?

Not a fan of the changes to Sketchy. Felt like a bug until I read the patch notes. If accessibility was the main issue with Sketchy, then maybe the way to target the issue would be to make it so that collecting multiples of "meta" fighters would not be so rewarding. I think promoting use of a diverse cast of fighters is a better goal than weakening an easy-to-get fighter so it's not used as much. As someone who only uses one copy of each fighter, Sketchy just doesn't feel useful anymore.

Not a fan of the changes to Sketchy. Felt like a bug until I read the patch notes. If accessibility was the main issue with Sketchy, then maybe the way to target the issue would be to make it so that collecting multiples of "meta" fighters would not be so rewarding. I think promoting use of a diverse cast of fighters is a better goal than weakening an easy-to-get fighter so it's not used as much. As someone who only uses one copy of each fighter, Sketchy just doesn't feel useful anymore.

Totally agree. While I can see that it is annoying when my base is attacked by guys that use 3 or 4 Sketchys so he can just perma-curse my base, Sketchy is now pretty damm useless. 5 seconds nerf is already pretty harsh, but the condition of "except on teammate death" is such an unnecessary pain. Like I said, it's pretty bs preople using multiple of them, it requires no planning of the type "when I am going to need to use this". But maybe they nerfed the wrong area? How about reducing points each time the same type of fighter is used, just like repeated characters? (They can still have 2 energy to be used, just this would make people not use it many times in a base)

Reactions: Am_Suitcase
I believe that the XP Boost will apply to player level progress. I also believe that experience that goes towards a Fighter at max level is still given to player level.

I'll have to double check on both of those!

Personally, I would prefer if we didn't get player XP for using maxed out fighters. That way, our player level will better represent how much we've leveled our fighters. But either way is fine, I'm sure everyone has a different opinion and my preference is probably in the minority since it means slower leveling (but damnit, I like when things make sense!).

I also want to thank you guys for working so hard on fixing the bugs that came with the 3.4 update. I know how hard it can be to track down and find the cause (and a solution) for bugs, and the devs pushed a hotfix for the game breaking tag-in bug unbelievable fast! Great work, and great bug fix priorities

I think the sketchy changes are fine, even tho some people don't like the shorter timer or the "(except on death)" condition. Well, 10 seconds is plenty of time to get a combo in before the curse expires, and if that's not enough, nothing is stopping us from equipping an outtake move and forcing the enemy to tag out after the curse expires.
We can still use Sketchy effectively, we just have to put in a little bit more effort into it.

Last edited:
Maybe this can help you:

I know of that method but that’s only possible before the update, hence why I’m writing it in this thread. Even without the buff, beating it comes real close to running out of time. Now that Weekend Warrior is guaranteed to gain heavy regen, he’s just healing more than I can damage.

Update is ok. I like the 2x xp boost and thats all folks little buff. I suppose the origin story is also a nice addition (i haven’t even played filia’s yet).
The new stage is cool and makes you wish that big woman teacher was a playable character.
Dark might’s sa is about 2% better now so theres that.
Fixes are always appreciated of course.
The rest, ranges from meh to worse: bunch of buffs for defensive chars and new defense chars, the ai must be really hyped (leveling defensive chars just so the ai can use them to annoy other players is such a tedious chore...)
The weeken warrior buff is excessive; 4 long lasting defensive buffs when dropping below half health, including haste to make him a bb3 machine while he cant be meter controlled because of the inmunity, combine all that with the catalysts in rift and you get a buff fest.
The 2 new light characters are broken as well: one is basically the horrible robo-fortune prize fight modifier that no one likes in a neatly packed buff-copying-buff-refreshing diamond big band.
The other one an apparently support character that can also self-buff just by existing. Every 30 seconds: 2 buffs to the teammates and 10 stacks to herself. Its a surgeon general on steroids. Plus unblockable, enraged, precision-ed dash attacks leading to full combos. Plus light catalysts. Broken.
The worse of course is the bronze nerfs, especially sketchy; why that teammate death stuff if the time is already reduced? Juggling opponents around with outtakes wastes time and gives them scratch damage regen.

Last edited:
Sketch nerf is good since she was broken in rift, but the buffs on Weekend Warriors and the new fighters goes on the opposite way, too much powerful. It's like if the devs want people to drop Sketchy, that's very easy to get, and instead spend theonites or money to have a chance to win one of the new iperbuffed fighters.
I too don't like the new buff and debuff, I was expecting them to be released with Fukua.

Sketch nerf is good since she was broken in rift

As someone suggested, I agree with the idea of changing the rift fighter selection system instead of simply nerfing the fighter i.e. can only choose one type of fighter. We've got tons of autoimmune catalysts that makes running Sketchy a risky option already.

UPDATE (8/13/2019)

Hey people!

We've submitted a hotfix update for review, and we plan on releasing it as soon as possible. It contains the following fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where some characters would display graphical glitches and errors on some devices.
  • Fixed an issue where the "blocking" input was less reliable.
  • Fixed a bug where the Fighter Score values in Rift Battles were inaccurate, and didn't reflect their boosted amounts.
On Friday (August 9th), we pushed a remote fix to address another issue.
  • Fixed a bug where characters could never tag in correctly, soft locking the game.
These should be arriving in 3.4.1 pretty soon. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
All these Changes but decrypted still can’t have her old SA1, ah well maybe next time. Still looks like a really terrific update and I can’t wait for Squiglys origin story!
Same, im patiently waiting for decrypted to be buffed or get her old SA1. Hoping the devs will notice her someday

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Again and again.
Matches that exceed my total stregth again and again.
Of course he is diamond 4 too.
F this.
Screenshot_20190815-144311_Skullgirls.jpg

Reactions: vucaar