• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.1.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Our next update is arriving soon, and that update is... 4.1.1!

"But what about 4.2!?"

Although we're still hard at work on some larger features that will be arriving in our 4.2 update, we still wanted to release some improvements and fixes to some of our recent features that were added in 4.1. Rest assured that as soon as 4.2 is ready to go we'll get it in your hands ASAP.

Some of the contents in 4.2 and beyond will be discussed in our 2020 roadmap post, which is arriving sometime next week. (February 10th - 14th)

But for now, onto the present! Here's what we're including in our 4.1.1 update...

ZLPdy84.png

Valentine's Day Event

Our Valentine's Day Prize Fight returns for another year!

mc3N0lL.png

The Roses are Red, Violence is Due Prize Fight will begin next week, February 11th. A big part of releasing 4.1.1 was also making sure that we could update this Prize Fight with some extremely juicy rewards for all of you, similar to our last few event Prize Fights.

Most notably, three new milestones have been added with amazing rewards:

MILESTONE 11
  • 500 Gold Relic Shards
  • 200 Fire Essence Shards
MILESTONE 12
  • 250 Diamond Relic Shards
  • 300 Fire Essence Shards
MILESTONE 13 [FINAL]
  • 1x Legendary Relic
  • 500 Fire Essence Shards
Mark your calendars - you won't want to miss this Prize Fight!

CWYEUez.png

Like our other Holiday events, the LOVESTRUCK RELIC will be available during this window which features your favorite red and pink and white themed Fighters.

Here's the full list:
  • PARASOUL - SHADOW OPS
  • VALENTINE - KILL JOY
  • SQUIGLY - DEAD HEAT
  • PEACOCK - ULTRAVIOLENT
  • ELIZA - RED VELVET
  • PAINWHEEL - GRIM FAN
  • ROBO-FORTUNE - OVERCLOCKED
  • FILIA - DJINN FRIZZ
  • VALENTINE - TRÈS CHIC
As always, a 10+1 opening of the Lovestruck Relic (and any other event Relic) will guarantee at least 1 Gold for the BONUS Relic. You can grab this Relic as early as February 7th!
(twitter.com/sgmobile)

ZLPdy84.png

Social Hub

IZg5VzB.png

• The amount of Gifts that you have sent and received to and from a given Friend is now visible. Note that this is a retroactive change. You will be able to see the amount of Gifts sent and received between Friends from the start of 4.1 when the Social Hub was introduced, not the start of 4.1.1.
  • You can now sort and filter your Friends list.
  • The amount of Friends you have and the maximum Friend limit are now displayed.
  • Various other user interface improvements have been made to the Social Hub and Friends list.
Gifts
  • Players can now claim Gifts and Gold Gifts over the 50 Gift limit if they are received as a reward from the mail, or a similar source.
w0EVoZY.png

• Players will be notified on the REWARDS screen if they can't receive any more random Gift drops from Fights because they are at the Gift limit.
  • Gifts now provide less Rift Coins than they did previously.
ZLPdy84.png

Match Challenges

0vTDTwr.png

• You can now view your Match Challenge progress on various screens throughout the game to help you keep track of which ones you still need to complete.
  • Fixed a bug where landing the exact amount of combo hits needed to complete a Match Challenge would not count as finishing the combo. Note that combos performed on dead opponents do not count towards finishing the combo count Match Challenge.
ZLPdy84.png

OTHER CHANGES

Optimizations

• Improvements were made to reduce memory usage across the app to reduce the chances of crashing. If you're still experiencing crashes on low end devices, we recommend occasionally restarting the app during long play sessions.
Big Band
  • DREAM BAND - Dream Band will now receive IMMUNE every time he is knocked down, even if he doesn't have an active buff.
Filia
  • DREAD LOCKS - Reflect damage from her Signature Ability no longer activates when blocking hits.
Valentine
  • PYRO-TECHNIQUE - Enrage from her SA2 is no longer applied when the opponent blocks the hit.
  • KILL JOY - Fixed an issue where Fighters would revive with 1% less health than intended.
Squigly
  • SM - Drag N' Bite - No longer activates the buff removal ability on blocked hits.
  • SCARED STIFF - Fixed an issue where Scared Stiff wasn't reducing damage as accurately as she should have been.
Catalysts
  • DON'T POKE THE BUER - Fixed an issue where damage reflection wasn't applying correctly.
Versus
  • ROBO-FORTUNE - PROTOTYPE and ELIZA - INNER PIECES are now available to be used in Versus mode.
Offers

pkNGiKz.png

• New "multi-fold" offers are available for select offers in the Store. These offers will present players with different versions of similar offers at the same time to allow for easier comparisons.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where "McG" could show up as the opponent's player name in Versus mode if your connection is unstable.
  • Fixed an issue where blank panels could show up in the Friends list of the social hub.
  • Getting an XP boost from a Gift or Gold Gift no longer displays the NEW tag.
  • Players will not be prompted to recharge their Fighters using Energy Refills if they don't have enough Energy Refills to do so. Instead, the popup including Theonite (and any remaining Energy Refills you have) will show immediately.
  • Removed filter options for Moves in Competitive Versus Mode.
  • Fixed numerous missing instances of highlighted rarity text for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond across various areas in the game.
Chat
  • Chat history will no longer be deleted sometimes when entering a Fight.
Modifiers
  • Necrophage (Squigly Daily Event) - No longer activates on blocked hits.
Fights
  • Hopefully a final fix has been applied to the issue causing players to get stuck at the end of a Fight with the walking George icon. A retry prompt should now always appear after waiting 30 seconds. Please make sure to wait 30 seconds if you experience a connection issue after a match.
  • Fixed a few lingering Fights where opponent's had less Moves equipped than desired.
Localization & Text
  • Numerous improvements to in-game text across multiple languages to either improve clarity or to correct mistakes.
Rift Battles

0CbWh0B.png

• The doors to the SECRET SKELETON Rift Battle lobby have been closed...
iOS
  • A second swipe from the top of the screen is required to bring down the control panel / notifications panel and interrupt gameplay.
Options

NYGaZfQ.png

• The "HELP" button in the Options menu has been replaced with "DISCORD". A link to our forum and our email are still available if you ever need to get in contact with us.
Tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where force closing the app on a specific part of the tutorial could cause game data to become corrupted.

ZLPdy84.png

Short and sweet! As mentioned above, this update is a little bit leaner than usual as we prepare a much more content rich update for 4.2. Remember to keep an eye on our Twitter for more news about our 2020 roadmap forum post which will be arriving soon!

Let us know if you have any other questions down below, and we'll get to them when we can.

Nice nice nice!

I'm pretty psyched for the Valentine's day pf, and I don't have any of the golds included in the Lovestruck relic yet so that has piqued my interest, but honestly I'm even more excited for all the feature refinements! Now I don't have to build a spreadsheet to keep track of who is reciprocating my gift giving on a regular basis lol, or hand-check all the story missions for completion. Definitely helps to streamline things.

Plus, I'm excited for the Dream Band buff. It fixes a good chunk of the problems I had with him, making it so his SA2 is self-reliant and helps make his SA1 more reliable, all hopefully without making him overpowered in the defense department since he can still be countered by most buff-removal fighters.

Could someone fill me in on the details of the past Val PF in terms of duration / modifiers / points needed for milestones? I've only been here since last Fall, so it's totally new to me.

Short and sweet.

Looking forward to 4.2 and 2020 roadmap next week.

Reactions: Eray
Finally! Tho they may seem minor, I welcome any change thrown our way!

Sweet! I feel like yall just prepping us for what yall really about to put out next! I cant wait!

IZg5VzB.png
@Dusty00 Thanks for 21 Gold Gifts btw I don't deserve your friendship ;__;
I’m a diehard Liam fan :D, unlike that Gunz below me. Hope you get Inner Piece soon! And it’d be fun if I could Rift at Rookie rank ;)

Reactions: Eray
Taken from another thread, the roses are red violence is due modifier looked like this:

PLAYER
• Must have Valentine on your team!
• SHE LOVES ME
- When at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE, 50% of damage inflicted is regained as HEALTH
• SHE LOVES ME NOT - When at an ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE, 50% of damage inflicted is reflected back

ENEMY
• NONE

Loving the look of the next update cant wait also cant wait for the event first time ill be doing it and i always hated when fights reset chat im glad for that minor update part woo. Also cant wait to see roadmap next week as well

Will Mean One and Evergreen Evil be available in the standard relic pool this update as well?

Reactions: Holy Order 573R
Nice update. Finally some fixes and Dream Band gets a buff!? Excited for the coming PF which essentially gives a free fire essence. Gift counter is an amazing feature, thank you so much for this!

Reactions: Kontol Kuda
A couple of questions:

1. seeing that there will be multiple changes to mechanisms no longer working when blocking hits, will Filia’s TFC MA also stop activating when her hits are blocked?

2. iOS - for iPhoneX and later where the home “line” is annoyingly blocking text and Fight Assist button, will it also require two taps or swipes to activate that useless “bar”? I wish that thing can just be gone from the UI completely but understand Apple wont allow it. It’s really messed up some matches when you tap or swipe too close to the line and the game would pause/ask you to quit the match.

for iPhoneX and later where the home “line” is annoyingly blocking text and Fight Assist button, will it also require two taps or swipes to activate that useless “bar”?
This already requires two swipes to activate in 4.1 - are you sure that it activates with a single swipe? The first swipe primes it, and makes the phone vibrate, the second swipe actually closes the app.

I wish that thing can just be gone from the UI completely but understand Apple wont allow it.
Yeah, I feel the same way. :(
I hope in the future we can do that, but it's unlikely.

Filia’s TFC MA also stop activating when her hits are blocked?
A lot of these will be looked at in future patches, but I don't have a particular order.

Hey everyone!

Our next update is arriving soon, and that update is... 4.1.1!

"But what about 4.2!?"

Although we're still hard at work on some larger features that will be arriving in our 4.2 update, we still wanted to release some improvements and fixes to some of our recent features that were added in 4.1. Rest assured that as soon as 4.2 is ready to go we'll get it in your hands ASAP.

Some of the contents in 4.2 and beyond will be discussed in our 2020 roadmap post, which is arriving sometime next week. (February 10th - 14th)

But for now, onto the present! Here's what we're including in our 4.1.1 update...

ZLPdy84.png

Valentine's Day Event

Our Valentine's Day Prize Fight returns for another year!

mc3N0lL.png

The Roses are Red, Violence is Due Prize Fight will begin next week, February 11th. A big part of releasing 4.1.1 was also making sure that we could update this Prize Fight with some extremely juicy rewards for all of you, similar to our last few event Prize Fights.

Most notably, three new milestones have been added with amazing rewards:

MILESTONE 11
  • 500 Gold Relic Shards
  • 200 Fire Essence Shards
MILESTONE 12
  • 250 Diamond Relic Shards
  • 300 Fire Essence Shards
MILESTONE 13 [FINAL]
  • 1x Legendary Relic
  • 500 Fire Essence Shards
Mark your calendars - you won't want to miss this Prize Fight!

CWYEUez.png

Like our other Holiday events, the LOVESTRUCK RELIC will be available during this window which features your favorite red and pink and white themed Fighters.

Here's the full list:
  • PARASOUL - SHADOW OPS
  • VALENTINE - KILL JOY
  • SQUIGLY - DEAD HEAT
  • PEACOCK - ULTRAVIOLENT
  • ELIZA - RED VELVET
  • PAINWHEEL - GRIM FAN
  • ROBO-FORTUNE - OVERCLOCKED
  • FILIA - DJINN FRIZZ
  • VALENTINE - TRÈS CHIC
As always, a 10+1 opening of the Lovestruck Relic (and any other event Relic) will guarantee at least 1 Gold for the BONUS Relic. You can grab this Relic as early as February 7th!
(twitter.com/sgmobile)

ZLPdy84.png

Social Hub

IZg5VzB.png

• The amount of Gifts that you have sent and received to and from a given Friend is now visible. Note that this is a retroactive change. You will be able to see the amount of Gifts sent and received between Friends from the start of 4.1 when the Social Hub was introduced, not the start of 4.1.1.
  • You can now sort and filter your Friends list.
  • The amount of Friends you have and the maximum Friend limit are now displayed.
  • Various other user interface improvements have been made to the Social Hub and Friends list.
Gifts
  • Players can now claim Gifts and Gold Gifts over the 50 Gift limit if they are received as a reward from the mail, or a similar source.
w0EVoZY.png

• Players will be notified on the REWARDS screen if they can't receive any more random Gift drops from Fights because they are at the Gift limit.
  • Gifts now provide less Rift Coins than they did previously.
ZLPdy84.png

Match Challenges

0vTDTwr.png

• You can now view your Match Challenge progress on various screens throughout the game to help you keep track of which ones you still need to complete.
  • Fixed a bug where landing the exact amount of combo hits needed to complete a Match Challenge would not count as finishing the combo. Note that combos performed on dead opponents do not count towards finishing the combo count Match Challenge.
ZLPdy84.png

OTHER CHANGES

Optimizations

• Improvements were made to reduce memory usage across the app to reduce the chances of crashing. If you're still experiencing crashes on low end devices, we recommend occasionally restarting the app during long play sessions.
Big Band
  • DREAM BAND - Dream Band will now receive IMMUNE every time he is knocked down, even if he doesn't have an active buff.
Filia
  • DREAD LOCKS - Reflect damage from her Signature Ability no longer activates when blocking hits.
Valentine
  • PYRO-TECHNIQUE - Enrage from her SA2 is no longer applied when the opponent blocks the hit.
  • KILL JOY - Fixed an issue where Fighters would revive with 1% less health than intended.
Squigly
  • SM - Drag N' Bite - No longer activates the buff removal ability on blocked hits.
  • SCARED STIFF - Fixed an issue where Scared Stiff wasn't reducing damage as accurately as she should have been.
Catalysts
  • DON'T POKE THE BUER - Fixed an issue where damage reflection wasn't applying correctly.
Versus
  • ROBO-FORTUNE - PROTOTYPE and ELIZA - INNER PIECES are now available to be used in Versus mode.
Offers

pkNGiKz.png

• New "multi-fold" offers are available for select offers in the Store. These offers will present players with different versions of similar offers at the same time to allow for easier comparisons.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where "McG" could show up as the opponent's player name in Versus mode if your connection is unstable.
  • Fixed an issue where blank panels could show up in the Friends list of the social hub.
  • Getting an XP boost from a Gift or Gold Gift no longer displays the NEW tag.
  • Players will not be prompted to recharge their Fighters using Energy Refills if they don't have enough Energy Refills to do so. Instead, the popup including Theonite (and any remaining Energy Refills you have) will show immediately.
  • Removed filter options for Moves in Competitive Versus Mode.
  • Fixed numerous missing instances of highlighted rarity text for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond across various areas in the game.
Chat
  • Chat history will no longer be deleted sometimes when entering a Fight.
Modifiers
  • Necrophage (Squigly Daily Event) - No longer activates on blocked hits.
Fights
  • Hopefully a final fix has been applied to the issue causing players to get stuck at the end of a Fight with the walking George icon. A retry prompt should now always appear after waiting 30 seconds. Please make sure to wait 30 seconds if you experience a connection issue after a match.
  • Fixed a few lingering Fights where opponent's had less Moves equipped than desired.
Localization & Text
  • Numerous improvements to in-game text across multiple languages to either improve clarity or to correct mistakes.
Rift Battles

0CbWh0B.png

• The doors to the SECRET SKELETON Rift Battle lobby have been closed...
iOS
  • A second swipe from the top of the screen is required to bring down the control panel / notifications panel and interrupt gameplay.
Options

NYGaZfQ.png

• The "HELP" button in the Options menu has been replaced with "DISCORD". A link to our forum and our email are still available if you ever need to get in contact with us.
Tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where force closing the app on a specific part of the tutorial could cause game data to become corrupted.

ZLPdy84.png

Short and sweet! As mentioned above, this update is a little bit leaner than usual as we prepare a much more content rich update for 4.2. Remember to keep an eye on our Twitter for more news about our 2020 roadmap forum post which will be arriving soon!

Let us know if you have any other questions down below, and we'll get to them when we can.
Didn't the last one have Oh Mai? Happy she's actually going rare with this, even if people still have a few of her. 1%

I wonder what time they will release the 4.1.1 update...

The update has been released - we're live! :D

Reactions: Yomady
Hello lovely people,

First off thank you so much for all the hard work you all put in these updates and constantly improving the game little by little. Another amazing update, that makes the game easier to use.

Taken from another thread, the roses are red violence is due modifier looked like this:

PLAYER
• Must have Valentine on your team!
• SHE LOVES ME
- When at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE, 50% of damage inflicted is regained as HEALTH
• SHE LOVES ME NOT - When at an ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE, 50% of damage inflicted is reflected back

ENEMY
• NONE

Wow thanks for the info man. Appreciate. The concept of Valentine's Day is legitly synchronized with those modifiers. It's awesome how they really thought about it ;)