• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.4.1 Update Notes (Now Available!)

Sure, I was just pointing out to that other user that Rifts in 4.4 can be played casually, even with the reduction of Red ticket acquirement. 4.4 provides plenty of green tickets so that a casual Rift player won't need to dip into their Red ticket stock.
You're absolutely right, the number of Free tickets has not changed.
And tiffany butterfly's point of lower carry over and no Red tickets is a valid concern as some players will now have to change how those same number of tickets are used in a season.

Also, I feel the term 'casual' leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

What is a casual Rifter?

A player that only does the 5 required battles for reweards?
A player that uses the 3 'free' tickets every day?
Any one finishes at Rank Gold 1 or lower?
(there's no right answer of course, just pointing out that anyone calling themselves causal will have a different criteria)

I see my self as a 'value' Rifter. I see tickets in terms of Rift coins with each unused 'green' ticket as losing 10(+) RiftCoins. Rifts in 4.4 will force me to approach battles more often (every time I reach 6 tickets vs. 10) Also to due to the weekly reset, I typically don't start until I have 9 tickets which is Thursday and by then most of the other ranks have settled to their respective levels.

It's not a huge change, but annoying one for me. I'll have to start battles every 6 tickets (starting on Wed) and any 3 clear tickets earned means an extra battle I have to do if I want to maximize my 'value'.

Reactions: tiffany butterfly
When Fukua came we get a "little" present like a
To help create space for your new Fukua Fighters, everyone's Fighter Collection size has been increased by 50, and Move Collection size have been increased by 100. Enjoy!
NOTE: This only applies to players who have not previously upgraded their collection past 300 Fighters, and 500 Moves.
Will we get free slots for new character?.. :(

When's Annie? "The week of 19 October 2020." :eek: a real answer!

Seven years ago (April-May 2013), when Annie was defeated by Eliza and then Beowulf in the two DLC elections, I'd never believe Annie would be added outside a full sequel or crowd-funded miracle. Turned out to be option 3: an amazing mobile game made it happen. This is big for Skullgirls history. Yeah it is super disappointing she won't get a chance to rep Skullgirls in Indivisible (don't ask!), but now she is finally here!

If anyone's wondering, I predict the Ageless Wonder variant as the top 10% prize fight reward.
100% agree! Annie, the 15th character, will bring balance to the 5 elements as 10% PF reward golds has been 3 of each (e.g. 3 for dark are: Primed Parasoul, Raw Nerv Painwheel, Wulfsbane Beowulf) except for light (e.g. Epic Sax Big Band and Diva Intervention Eliza).

As for rift, I'm not sure how I feel about this adjustment considering I'm a level 70 player that's never once won a match against another level 70. Does that mean I can't play rift anymore? I feel like that's going to be a difficult shift for a lot of players. Maybe make it a 10 level range? Like 60-70 levels will be accessible to eachother only, and so on.
Yeah, there is a huge difference between a level 70 and a level 70. They look 70, but if player levels were not arbitrarily capped for some reason, they'd actually be level 90. Look at their profile and every character is diamond with full MA blossom.

I'll miss the power-up from the easy 9-streak before the fights started to get challenging, but I'm relieved I don't have to stomp noobs anymore.

Will we get free slots for new character?.. :(
Agreed! Two-thirds of my collection is hundreds of silvers waiting to be melted. Free increased capacity would be grand!

Here’s a potential loophole for the revenge and matchmaking adjustment to rift 2.0. Some players may be able to abuse the following to rank relatively high without ever having to go up against top100 players.

Step 1. Make your base very easy from Monday to Friday. Say, all lv1 bronze with maybe one tricky or difficult node (not boss node because that’s the one people preview). This is to bait weak players in attacking you. The goal here is to lose on purpose to setup for revenge.

Step 2. Climb slowly throughout weekdays picking on those you can beat. Your rating should fluctuate around starting point because you are losing as much as winning. Because your rating is kept low, you will not be fighting anyone too strong.

Step 3. Change your base on Sat to your normal, difficult base. This will hopefully stop people from attacking you at this point.

Step 4. You should have a lot of revenge fights culminated throughout the week. Since most of them are weak players, you should have no problem winning the revenge match.

Step 5. Do only revenge matches on Sat and Sun. These should be 1.5x score and against weaker players.

In the above scenario, a player will never need to match against a strong opponent and can still rank higher than they normally would.

There are a couple of ways to prevent this from happening.

1. Add a timer to revenge fights, maybe 24hrs as well.

2. Do not allow players to change their base. Maybe a cool down to how often you can adjust, or locking that option out after say Wednesday or something.

All of this is just speculation as it’s not live yet at the time this is posted.

Reactions: Lililira
Here’s a potential loophole for the revenge and matchmaking adjustment to rift 2.0. Some players may be able to abuse the following to rank relatively high without ever having to go up against top100 players.

Step 1. Make your base very easy from Monday to Friday. Say, all lv1 bronze with maybe one tricky or difficult node (not boss node because that’s the one people preview). This is to bait weak players in attacking you. The goal here is to lose on purpose to setup for revenge.

Step 2. Climb slowly throughout weekdays picking on those you can beat. Your rating should fluctuate around starting point because you are losing as much as winning. Because your rating is kept low, you will not be fighting anyone too strong.

Step 3. Change your base on Sat to your normal, difficult base. This will hopefully stop people from attacking you at this point.

Step 4. You should have a lot of revenge fights culminated throughout the week. Since most of them are weak players, you should have no problem winning the revenge match.

Step 5. Do only revenge matches on Sat and Sun. These should be 1.5x score and against weaker players.

In the above scenario, a player will never need to match against a strong opponent and can still rank higher than they normally would.

There are a couple of ways to prevent this from happening.

1. Add a timer to revenge fights, maybe 24hrs as well.

2. Do not allow players to change their base. Maybe a cool down to how often you can adjust, or locking that option out after say Wednesday or something.

All of this is just speculation as it’s not live yet at the time this is posted.

I think players already try that now and very few fall for it. If I see an 'easy' base as you've setup in your scenario (all low level bronze/silver) and I check their profile and see they are Gold/Dia rank & Level 70 and have a lot of 10-20K Diamonds, I ain't falling for it.

Yep... with one BUT. You can see (and do your revenge) only for newest 10 attacks on your base...
Last week i try the tactics similar you wrote. For weekdays i've got over ten attacks with 9-10k point (easy revenge). What i saw at end of sunday (in my locate it is early monday, PDT-10h.)? Yes. 10 attacks against D1 with 13300+ points. Well. Good tactic)

Yep... with one BUT. You can see (and do your revenge) only for newest 10 attacks on your base...
Last week i try the tactics similar you wrote. For weekdays i've got over ten attacks with 9-10k point (easy revenge). What i saw at end of sunday (in my locate it is early monday, PDT-10h.)? Yes. 10 attacks against D1 with 13300+ points. Well. Good tactic)
Oh good to know there’s a limit of 10 revenge battles. Thanks for sharing that. At most I get attacked 3 times a week - even for D1s for most people it’s not worth the efforts to touch my base when there are easier options out there.

No more Bounce per the ounce.

That bug was crazy funny!

Really excited for Annie! Her gameplay looks like so much fun, especially with all the combos you've been giving us.

Out of curiosity, when do you guys think you'd be implementing the Master difficulty for the other Origin Stories (For Big Band, Valentine, Cerebella, etc.)? I've been really hoping for that for quite some time now. I'd like to get back into the funk of doing story related things again.

Reactions: rogueKlyntar
I have a win streak timer in Rift which is about to expire in an hour, will it be automatically extended during the maintenance or it'll just expire?

I have a win streak timer in Rift which is about to expire in an hour, will it be automatically extended during the maintenance or it'll just expire?

You may be out of luck on that one. I've heard people say they used XP Boosters before maintenance happened, and I think they're also out of luck as well. Sorry, man.

Reactions: .Ron
Oh good to know there’s a limit of 10 revenge battles. Thanks for sharing that. At most I get attacked 3 times a week - even for D1s for most people it’s not worth the efforts to touch my base when there are easier options out there.
no the limit is you only see the recent 10 battles in histroy, dont matter they were wins or loses.

Reactions: evilgordo
  • The Resolution Slider has been removed from lower spec devices that are running iOS 12.

What was the reason for this? This change basically means I can’t get enough frames anymore for the game to be enjoyable to play. So I'm really sad to see this change. Frames > Resolution.

Last edited:
The camera shakes are a bit too excessive and obnoxious now, it’s making me nauseous :( I hope there’ll be an option to turn it off in the future
I agree it's a little extreme, especially with fighters like painwheel who hit hard often. Maybe have an option to adjust it's intensity? The shaking is a nice feature it just seems a little much for some.