• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 6.1 Update Notes - Marie's Full Release

finally! that bug with the filters being removed was so gosh diddly-darn annoying

Reactions: RizeSheela
Wow! First of all, love both QoL updates. I always wished that there’d be an unlock full skill tree option and it’s landing under the Christmas tree early this year! No move equipped pop up will prevent some crappy moments!

Wish new character release could be more balanced amongst the entire cast. We just had new Annie, Val, and Parasoul!

Now, rift catalysts update - while great to see so many reworked and I look forward to more defensive wins, generally I think you guys overturned several and we will soon see a lot of complaints on forum or on discord. Some specific ones that’s obvious:

- DptB is weaker so we should see less of just PW everywhere. I would’ve liked to see a unique cata restriction or dupe penalty rather than the nerf.
- Frost Armor nerf is welcomed especially now that High Water is decent and should see more use.
- Fire Starter buff is great but a bit too much - we are forced to intercept now due to guard break! Maybe a 25-50% to inflict would be sufficient.
- Futile is back with even more difficulty! With more people having 150% HP move sets thanks to Rerolls this will truly be a nightmare once again!
- Corrosive Element - it was already pretty strong and now it’s completely chaotically bonkers! Expect to see a comeback of triple Double nodes.
- Into Thin Air - buff cleanse every 10 seconds!? What are you guys thinking?

With catalyst update if this magnitude, I really hope that 6.2 will introduce updated or new modifiers for the base. For example, Doomsday Device now overlaps with Light week boss mode modifier to inflict doom at 50% HP. Rift update also would benefit from AI update - particularly Peacock Banjo and Eliza boat attack. They have great catalysts now but AI doing those moves too often just make them not viable as defenders.

Rift also needs a better revenge system as we had been suggesting since beginning of rift 2.0. Though, more people will just fail bases now so…

I also hope you’ll consider a suggestion I made on a separate post to make rift more accessible to ALL players, not just end game or hardcore players.

Tiered Rift Bases
Basically, make it so the base and catalysts will dynamically change based on the player’s current rift points.

1000 and under - easy mode. 1 modifier per node and only some aspects of Catalyst will work / or only max 1 catalyst per node.
1000-1350 - normal mode. How things were in 6.0.
1350+ - hard mode. Use 6.1 catalysts, more HP, etc.

This way, players just getting into rift can still have some way to clear a base without getting stuck on that one crazy boss node.

Those just wanting to cruise by in Gold can do their minimum 5 a week. Hardcore players gunning for Diamond and top3 can challenge themselves with crazy mods after 1350 rift score.

Let's just wait a bit and see what happens until by next year.
for the time let's Just have great fun and keep on playing enjoying our New SGM version.
Happy Holidays to you All here. 🙏🌟🦾💗☺️😉

NO MOVES EQUIPPED POPUP

Have you ever entered a Prize Fight with a high streak only to realize with horror that you changed Loadouts recently on your strongest Fighters and forgot to swap them back? In 6.1 you don’t have to worry about this tragic scenario!

Now If you attempt to enter a Fight with no Moves equipped, you will get a warning message asking if you’re sure you want to continue. You can take this opportunity to back out of the fight and make sure you’re properly equipped.
Screenshot_2023-12-11-19-14-27.jpg

Really 'game', one of my fighters is missing ONE move and you're gonna remind me on every node in PR and during every PF match and every Rift match (oh wow! Pop-up is in PvP matches)? Especially Rifts, there's so much loading between matches as it is (cuz you have to swap fighters every match...), now I have a pop-up to clear too?

Look, I know this update was just released, so I know it might seem I'm being a bit ungrateful...but this is exactly the implementation of this QoL feature I did NOT want:
I also don't 'share' moves, so this feature is of no interest to me, but if this ever gets implemented, I'd like the option to 'opt-out' from this warning, since when you carry, those being carried usually don't have moves equipped*, so that pop-up would get tiresome real fast when you're leveling up for a couple of hours with XP boost...(IMHO, sharing moves is not only dangerous on offense if you forget to equip fighters, it also leaves your defense open as well, can't tell you how many teams with maxed lvl fighters that have zero moves equipped I've encountered in PF/Rifts and I don't think that warning will help you there...).

*Again, IMHO, the logic for this warning would have to be limited to a fighter have zero moves equipped, since it is very common for a fighter to legit have 1-4 moves equipped, which would cause this warning to pop-up very, very often...

So, I'd like to formally request in 6.2 to be able to 'opt-out' of this warning, or some additional logic that minimizes the number of times this message appears...especially when fighting back-to-back matches with the same fighter(s).

Last edited:
View attachment 21444

Really 'game', one of my fighters is missing ONE move and you're gonna remind me on every node in PR and during every PF match and every Rift match (oh wow! Pop-up is in PvP matches)? Especially Rifts, there's so much loading between matches as it is (cuz you have to swap fighters every match...), now I have a pop-up to clear too?

Look, I know this update was just released, so I know it might seem I'm being a bit ungrateful...but this is exactly the implementation of this QoL feature I did NOT want:

So, I'd like to formally request in 6.2 to be able to 'opt-out' of this warning, or some additional logic that minimizes the number of times this message appears...especially when fighting back-to-back matches with the same fighter(s).
That is a good point about bags not having moves equipped most of the time and an opt-out option makes sense for some players.

I personally haven’t found the need to carry anything less than a diamond since it’s so easy to get Food EXP items from PR. Easy enough to equip them with junk or dupe 3/3 moves on all of my diamond characters.

- For the next speed-things-up QOL improvement: how about something that means we don’t have to wait for 18 character icons plus other rewards after fully completing accursed experiments? It’s what, 1 second-ish per icon? 20+ish seconds isn’t a very long time, but it definitely feels like a long time; I just wanna take my bucket of miscellaneous skill points and run to the next dust up.

- IMO something that would *really* shake up rift would be some sort of general buff to the diamond stats of most bronze fighters, maybe possibly some fine-tuning or improvements to their SA. At a certain point most bronze fighters (and a number of silvers) remain totally outscaled by golds and especially natural diamonds so much that most can’t really pull any weight at that level. EX: stage fright = not scary. SA2 is easily avoided at any level of play, and her minuscule HP means you easily don’t need a blockbuster to kill her.

The catalyst update will be good for shaking things up to an extent, but ultimately the same fighters will still be performing the same tasks. Causing previously weak fighters to become at least potential threats on offense or defense will expand options for both sides.

- Also: does the combo counter score generate enough points to offset the time loss for fighters with high combo-low power attacks, like big band? Seems the general community dislikes fighters like that (especially biggie) because they’re not time-efficient, but if the combo counter can generate enough points to offset then probably people should be made aware of that. If it doesn’t then probably something should be tweaked so more people will consider “slower” fighters like biggie and Annie for rift (it’s the number one complaint I’ve seen about them; personally idgaf I use who I want)

- Super appreciate the “unlock all” button, thank you (though zooming around the screen is still fun)

- And a reminder for unequipped moves is *extremely important omg thank you*

- The recruits thing is *such a cool idea!* It takes me *so long* to get to try new fighters because I’m always fighting against diamonds. Literally none of my Maries can fight since I’m still harvesting duplicates to evolve at least one since I don’t have a diamond yet. I had the same issue with dahlia and umbrella; by the time I actually got someone up to level the new car smell had gone and it’s still hard to keep interest (I I still have no idea how to use either of them). Now I’ll actually be able to get reps in! Woo! Thank you!

- Love love LOVE the shiny wintery particle effects on the rewards screen. Makes me feel good :3

Reactions: Dusty00

I voiced my concern about this "feature" a while ago when people proposed this, that it'd be very annoying to people that often leveling their fighters by bringing one carry and 2 others (often bronze or silver) with no moves whatsoever. The best example is holodeck hazard, there is no way I'm gonna bring all three fully invested, 5 moves equiped fighters just to waste a daily ticket. My suggestion is to give us an option to turn on/off warnings.

Hmm. Not a fan of the reward icon shiny thing. Not the winter sparkles, just the icon light. It feels… idk it feels not great to look at not sure how to explain myself

Also just used a Marie recruit to play her for the first time and actually managed to pound two and a half fighters to paste before she got re-murdered. It was pretty frikkin cool, love her gameplay even from that one fight.

My suggestion is to give us an option to turn on/off warnings.
Maybe for a specific mode (like holodeck) or quality fighter (bronze/etc)?

I use holodeck to fast evolve bronze and silvers then use the treats on my diamond and golds. Having to cram moves into them each time is doable but will be time consuming.

But for prize and realms? [chef kiss]

Thanks for this update! Reading this changelog was very interesting and i really like this new features. Of course, there are still many things that need to be done, but today you definitely did some of them!☺️

We have a law on adding new event characters to the general pool of relics 3 months after their introduction (That is, when another new character is introduced into the event). Now they introduced BP and it turned out that “All characters are equal before the law, but BP characters are more equal”Those people who did not donate to the BP, or donated, but wanted a new diamond, receive the following: Previously, you could accumulate diamond guarantors in order to have a chance to knock out a new character with the release of the update, but now you get a SUSPENSION in the release of new characters for a YEAR. (Yes, I do not classify exclusive characters as new, since what the minority of the community receives cannot be compared with the release of the King, Death Wish and other event diamonds)The entire community was howling for characters from the BP to be added 3 months after their appearance - the developer ignored and said that they would be closer to the new year, that is, 3 months after the release of all six characters. What do we see now? Three months have passed, and the developers are again pushing back their release by three months. We have SK 2.0, aka Fang, we have a character who ignores most of the most hated protective effects from the start, aka Blue, we have the only gold Umbrella worth investing in, but all of them will be inaccessible to the vast majority of the community. Bravo, developers.All you have to do is start introducing characters that will turn the entire meta upside down, making them exclusive and blocking their acquisition for the vast majority. PLEASE, STOP.

Reactions: je11yfish and Kheul
I voiced my concern about this "feature" a while ago when people proposed this, that it'd be very annoying to people that often leveling their fighters by bringing one carry and 2 others (often bronze or silver) with no moves whatsoever. The best example is holodeck hazard, there is no way I'm gonna bring all three fully invested, 5 moves equiped fighters just to waste a daily ticket. My suggestion is to give us an option to turn on/off warnings.
I'd prefer a middle option, to have the warning only check the fighter in the first slot. It'd be the best of both worlds for me -- I couldn't care less what the fodder fighters in the second and third slot have equipped, but I might be in trouble if I forget to check whether I shifted my one good Filia moveset back to Djinn Frizz after the last time I used Class Cutter.

View attachment 21444

Hello there dear, Yes. about that We are already fully aware of that issue and I had already posted yesterday at our forums regarding about that issue.
Hopefully our Devs here will look up into this matter ASAP As it should be modified with some options.

Please look around my forums posts with Evilnut.😉

I'd prefer a middle option, to have the warning only check the fighter in the first slot. It'd be the best of both worlds for me -- I couldn't care less what the fodder fighters in the second and third slot have equipped, but I might be in trouble if I forget to check whether I shifted my one good Filia moveset back to Djinn Frizz after the last time I used Class Cutter.
I have already posted at my forums as of yesterday regarding about that issue. Pls read and upvote to our forum posts with Evilnut.