• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Hard Launch Update Notes

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
Hey everyone!

A sneak peek below of a mail message that Soft Launch players will be receiving in-game later this evening:

NEW INTEL: FULL RELEASE UPDATE
Molly here with some intel on what to expect in the next few weeks!

As you know, we’ve been in a limited release up until now, gathering valuable data from all the fights you’ve been getting into. However now we’re comin’ up on our big moment - Full Release! That means there’s going to be a whole heckuva lot of folks joining the fray, we gotta get ready!

Here’s a brief rundown of some of the major stuff to expect:

• NEW PRIZE FIGHT MODE - Compete against other aspiring Egrets for great prizes!
  • NEW FIGHTER… ELIZA - Top performers in PRIZE FIGHTS will get exclusive access to Eliza! Yowza!
  • DUPLICATE FIGHTER SUPPORT - Now you can have more than 1 of every character - think of all the teams you can build!
  • POWER UP & EVOLVE - Collection filling up? No time to level up that shiny new Fighter? No problem! Use extra Fighters to Power Up and Evolve your existing fighters. They’ll be max level in no time!
  • SKILL TREE KEYS - Top rank Skills on your Skill Tree will now require Keys to unlock! We’ll give you a bunch for free, but now’s a great time to buy those top skills you’ve been wanting. Get ‘em while they’re hot!
  • MOVE TIER POTENCY - After the update, you’ll find that higher Tier moves will be more effective! Silver and Gold moves never looked better!
That’s only the first page of my report! For the full low down, be sure to check out the forums on skullgirlsmobile.com/updates!

---------------------

A few quick notes for current Soft Launch players:
  • Soft Launch players will receive FREE KEYS relative to their Story Mode progression status after the build goes live to compensate them for Keys they would have otherwise earned during Single Player mode after Hard Launch.
  • Now that duplicate characters will be added to your inventory (instead of being converted into shards), we recommend that Soft Launch players should hoard their Character Relics until the new version of the game goes live (we plan to update the Soft Launch version with all of this new content prior to the Hard Launch release).
  • Goes without saying, but - since some of you have asked - you will not lose any save data by updating to the new build. Your collection and progress is safe!
More info coming soon - including VERY detailed Build Notes for all the fun new stuff we've added.

Looking forward to sharing the new update!

Last edited:
Not sure if the new forums ping folks when there's an edit, but just updated my initial post with a sneak preview of some of the new features that are going to be added in our next update.

More details to come, but be sure to check it out!

Hey everyone!

A sneak peek below of a mail message that Soft Launch players will be receiving in-game later this evening:

NEW INTEL: FULL RELEASE UPDATE
Molly here with some intel on what to expect in the next few weeks!

As you know, we’ve been in a limited release up until now, gathering valuable data from all the fights you’ve been getting into. However now we’re comin’ up on our big moment - Full Release! That means there’s going to be a whole heckuva lot of folks joining the fray, we gotta get ready!

Here’s a brief rundown of some of the major stuff to expect:

• NEW PRIZE FIGHT MODE - Compete against other aspiring Egrets for great prizes!
  • NEW FIGHTER… ELIZA - Top performers in PRIZE FIGHTS will get exclusive access to Eliza! Yowza!
  • DUPLICATE FIGHTER SUPPORT - Now you can have more than 1 of every character - think of all the teams you can build!
  • POWER UP & EVOLVE - Collection filling up? No time to level up that shiny new Fighter? No problem! Use extra Fighters to Power Up and Evolve your existing fighters. They’ll be max level in no time!
  • SKILL TREE KEYS - Top rank Skills on your Skill Tree will now require Keys to unlock! We’ll give you a bunch for free, but now’s a great time to buy those top skills you’ve been wanting. Get ‘em while they’re hot!
  • MOVE TIER POTENCY - After the update, you’ll find that higher Tier moves will be more effective! Silver and Gold moves never looked better!
That’s only the first page of my report! For the full low down, be sure to check out the forums on skullgirlsmobile.com/updates!

---------------------

A few quick notes for current Soft Launch players:
  • Soft Launch players will receive FREE KEYS relative to their Story Mode progression status after the build goes live to compensate them for Keys they would have otherwise earned during Single Player mode after Hard Launch.
  • Now that duplicate characters will be added to your inventory (instead of being converted into shards), we recommend that Soft Launch players should hoard their Character Relics until the new version of the game goes live (we plan to update the Soft Launch version with all of this new content prior to the Hard Launch release).
  • Goes without saying, but - since some of you have asked - you will not lose any save data by updating to the new build. Your collection and progress is safe!
More info coming soon - including VERY detailed Build Notes for all the fun new stuff we've added.

Looking forward to sharing the new update!
Will Eliza eventually be open for everyone to get inside of a relic?

Reactions: MightyZug
Not sure if the new forums ping folks when there's an edit, but just updated my initial post with a sneak preview of some of the new features that are going to be added in our next update.

More details to come, but be sure to check it out!

Only got an email notification for this post, not the one you edited.

Can't wait for the next update!

Reactions: MightyZug
Yes, she will!

Generally speaking, new characters and variants will first be made available as exclusive event rewards before being accessible via Relics.
I was planning on restarting to put the most of my upgrades into Eliza, but I guess this changes my plans...

Now that duplicate characters will be added to your inventory (instead of being converted into shards), we recommend that Soft Launch players should hoard their Character Relics until the new version of the game goes live
Dang. That's a lot of boxes up in smoke!
Oh well, I'm honestly not very upset. Folks on the soft launch have had weeks to far overlevel their characters compared to other people anyway, so it probably balances out.

SKILL TREE KEYS - Top rank Skills on your Skill Tree will now require Keys to unlock! We’ll give you a bunch for free, but now’s a great time to buy those top skills you’ve been wanting. Get ‘em while they’re hot!
Does this mean that if we have already fully unlocked skill trees (I have done so with a couple of guys at this point), we won't need keys to fully unlock those guys after the Hard Launch? Or will key unlocks be a separate upgrade to what we've been doing now?

I was planning on restarting to put the most of my upgrades into Eliza, but I guess this changes my plans...
Tbh, I probably won't get high up in the rankings. So I guess I'll just try and reset when she's public.

SKILL TREE KEYS - Top rank Skills on your Skill Tree will now require Keys to unlock! We’ll give you a bunch for free, but now’s a great time to buy those top skills you’ve been wanting. Get ‘em while they’re hot!

Do the keys replace the Skill Points system? Or will we need both to expand the character's skill tree?

NEW FIGHTER… ELIZA - Top performers in PRIZE FIGHTS will get exclusive access to Eliza! Yowza!
Tbh, I probably won't get high up in the rankings. So I guess I'll just try and reset when she's public.
If you've been playing in the soft launch you'll probably have a massive head start on leveling even with casual play, so you'll place highly in any events for a long while at the start of the game's life cycle. Getting Eliza and upgrades will probably not be an issue at all.

If you've been playing in the soft launch you'll probably have a massive head start on leveling even with casual play, so you'll place highly in any events for a long while at the start of the game's life cycle. Getting Eliza and upgrades will probably not be an issue at all.
I haven't played soft launch as much as other people, I've mostly been saving everything up for Eliza and not really spending anything.

Reactions: Cellsai
Does this mean that if we have already fully unlocked skill trees (I have done so with a couple of guys at this point), we won't need keys to fully unlock those guys after the Hard Launch? Or will key unlocks be a separate upgrade to what we've been doing now?

If you have already purchased a node on the Skill Tree, you will have full access to the bonuses conferred by that Node. However, NEW nodes that you want to purchase may require a Key to unlock, depending on where they are on the tree.

Only the top two "tiers" of nodes on the Skill Tree will require a key to unlock them.

Do the keys replace the Skill Points system? Or will we need both to expand the character's skill tree?

They do not replace Skill Points. You will still need to spend Skill Points to purchase specific nodes, but some nodes will require that you unlock their "tier" via a Key first.

I'll share some images along with the longer update to help communicate this visually.

Just to be clear though, no existing Skill Tree progress will be lost!

I haven't played soft launch as much as other people, I've mostly been saving everything up for Eliza and not really spending anything.

For what its worth, there will be a Bronze, Silver and Gold Eliza Prize Fight event that will allow you to compete with other players of your skill level for different levels of rewards.

Whatever happened to the Welcome Pack and Oh Mai Valentine?

The Welcome Pack (and, by association, Valentine - Oh Mai) has been disabled for now and will not be included at launch. However, we are planning to have other opportunities to get her in the future!

For what its worth, there will be a Bronze, Silver and Gold Eliza Prize Fight event that will allow you to compete with other players of your skill level for different levels of rewards.
Is the matchmaking for skill level based on my team's combined fighter score or is there some internal rating system in place that will determine your skill level based on wins/losses?

Is the matchmaking for skill level based on my team's combined fighter score or is there some internal rating system in place that will determine your skill level based on wins/losses?

Teams will be matched up based on Team FS, AI level will be determined by your win streak, and modifiers will be applied based on the Event type.

gosh I can't wait enough for the hard launch. I haven't played since the beta testing ended, it looks so much cleaner.