• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Skullgirls Spring Rift Battles Update

I’m feeling the pain of Rifts on my opponent’s end. First match after making D1 I get a G1 player at high 1800s. Lots of Diamonds in base (I think 18?) but missing a ton of catalyst and moves probably weren’t super high. So, idk if matchmaking takes those two variables into account atm but it’s super important. Not only were they down on Collection comparison but they were 4 ranks and over 100 points lower in Rift rating. Just feels bad, and even the 10 points for winning 20 points for losing doesn’t matter if they give up right away without trying.

Not complaining to complain but giving an example of a flawed match in the new system. Would post pictures but file size is giving me errors here...

It's not as simple as the sum of your entire collection, so the examples you gave shouldn't happen.

But that's exactly what happens. Or at least it looks that way. Before last update, when you reached a certain level, the rating was about stable: 1 battle won, 2 lost, 1 won, and so on - the average rating was constant, it reflected the current strength of your fighters / skills of the user. After the update, everything become different: the primary role in the selection of the oponent is the number and level of his characters. And here begins the oddities.

For example: I have 20+ diamonds - 4 max level, the rest are on average 50-40 level, 50+ gold max level, plus 60 copies for skill points mining. The rest: silver and bronze - not even considered. Total: 300+ fighters. Before the update, my opponents varied from "gold 1" to "diamond 3". Rarely "diamond 2", even more rarely "diamond 1". Right after update, apparently, the system believes that with so many fighters I "deserve the best" and my opponents consistently "diamond 1", rarely "diamond 2" (or is it just my luck?). They received these statuses before the update - this is quite an indicator. Let's forget the moment with a bunch of unsuccessful attempts to find the enemy, and the fact that judging by the level and quality of the attached catalysts, some also invested real money in it.

Yes, in most cases, they bases can be cleared - some nodes with two attempts, some with character deaths, etc. But this, naturally, does not help, my level is far from the level of picked up opponents. So, as a result, not a single in last season victory after the update and just a rating -70. The status of "cannon fodder" for more pumped players upsets me. The rift battle temporarily closed for me, the base disbanded.

Screenshot_20190419-020430.jpg Screenshot_20190418-215056.jpg Screenshot_20190420-014044.jpg Screenshot_20190421-113947.jpg

Sorry for my "google translate" English.

Nothing has changed for me.
I think I'll be quitting this game because it is frustrating and unfair.

The opponent is more powerful than me by a large margin once again and I cannot do anything about it.

Started from 1900 and now I will be below 1600.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-223349_Skullgirls.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-223349_Skullgirls.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 19
Nothing has changed for me.
I think I'll be quitting this game because it is frustrating and unfair.

The opponent is more powerful than me by a large margin once again and I cannot do anything about it.

Started from 1900 and now I will be below 1600.
It's not just about the rift rating, though. You also have to consider collection strength. A quick way to judge that is to compare your defense map to your opponent's. Another way is to click on their profile and look at their top variant for each character. Both of these things give you more info about how fair the match is than the rift rating does.

It's not just about the rift rating, though. You also have to consider collection strength. A quick way to judge that is to compare your defense map to your opponent's. Another way is to click on their profile and look at their top variant for each character. Both of these things give you more info about how fair the match is than the rift rating does.
That is the problem!
It is not just about the rift rating!
The opponent is stronger as I said!
I just cannot win a game anymore!