• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Parasoul's arm bands removed from her palettes?

stale cheeto

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't mean to sound like one of those people who were super whiny about things like the panty shots getting removed from the game, but I'm just curious as to why Parasoul's arm bands were removed from the Star-Crossed (#25), No Egrets (#4) and Heavy Reign (#8) palettes specifically. It's a little weird since it just seemed to have happened out of the blue and nobody's said anything about it. I'm assuming these changes will be implemented on PC, too when the Annie patch comes out there. I feel like this will also affect other palettes like color #10 and color #11.

Eu2vkS1XYAA3uNk.png
Eu2vkS8XYAA_t6n.png

Eu2vkWIXAA0ak9d.png
Eu2vkYnXEAIfYxP.png

SG_par_color8.png
Screenshot_20210222-153044_1.png

What do you guys think about this change? Do you think it's necessary or not?

Edit: I forgot to include Heavy Reign since that palette was altered too.

Last edited:
i didnt notice maybe its due to the historical reasons why it was removed

30 June 2020 - 4.3 update
  • For consistency with other Black Egret Talking Heads throughout the game, some Parasoul Fighters have had their palettes updated to remove their red arm bands. Key art from the additional file downloading screens have also had red Egret arm bands removed.
(source)

They mentioned red band removal back last summer. This was during the height of the Black Lives Matter protests. While a majority stood for equality and freedom, a minority of idiots still fly the Nazi flag of the long-defeated WWII losers. I assume the removal reason was, even though it NOT Nazi-related, it could be mistaken for Nazi-related. Like Louise said, historical reasons.

It seems all Parasouls, except for Princess Pride Parasoul, have lost their arm bands. A bit extreme, but understandable, I guess.

No quiero sonar como una de esas personas que se quejaban mucho de cosas como que los tiros de las bragas se quitaran del juego, pero solo tengo curiosidad por saber por qué los brazaletes de Parasoul se quitaron del Star-Crossed (# 25), Las paletas No Egrets (# 4) y Heavy Reign (# 8) específicamente. Es un poco extraño ya que parecía haber sucedido de la nada y nadie ha dicho nada al respecto. Supongo que estos cambios también se implementarán en PC cuando salga el parche de Annie. Siento que esto también afectará a otras paletas como el color # 10 y el color # 11.

[SPOILER = "No Egrets original"] [ATTACH = full] 12898 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]
[SPOILER = "No hay garcetas sin brazalete"] [ATTACH = full] 12899 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]

[SPOILER = "Original Star-Crossed"] [ATTACH = full] 12900 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]
[SPOILER = "Brazalete de pecado cruzado de estrellas"] [ATTACH = full] 12901 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]

[SPOILER = "Heavy Reign original"] [ATTACH = full] 12902 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]
[SPOILER = "Heavy Reign sin brazalete"] [ATTACH = full] 12903 [/ ATTACH] [/ SPOILER]

¿Qué piensan ustedes sobre este cambio? ¿Crees que es necesario o no?

Editar: Olvidé incluir Heavy Reign ya que esa paleta también se modificó.
guau, no me había dado cuenta de eso 🤯🤯😅

30 June 2020 - 4.3 update

(source)

They mentioned red band removal back last summer. This was during the height of the Black Lives Matter protests. While a majority stood for equality and freedom, a minority of idiots still fly the Nazi flag of the long-defeated WWII losers. I assume the removal reason was, even though it NOT Nazi-related, it could be mistaken for Nazi-related. Like Louise said, historical reasons.

It seems all Parasouls, except for Princess Pride Parasoul, have lost their arm bands. A bit extreme, but understandable, I guess.
Nothing misses the eyes of our beloved, @BallotBoxer .
He knows everything.

Whenever I see some thread, like this, I expect his reply.

There was literally never a moment more "Oh god this was a horrible idea" than seeing someone and their child cosplay as Parasoul and an egret soldier with the child wearing the red armband

This was, without exaggeration, an extreme highkey uncomfortable element of skullgirls I'm happy to see get out of here. I don't feel ashamed to say good riddance, it's an imagery that's always been too close to extreme hate groups and removing it will only make the game better

While I certainly wouldn’t want any Nazilike bands, couldn’t they just change the colors instead of removing them altogether? Some Parasols look kinda plain now. By changing colors, I of course mean compleatly new colors, not just a darker shade of red ala valintines crosses.

While I certainly wouldn’t want any Nazilike bands, couldn’t they just change the colors instead of removing them altogether?
yeah i think that they should have taken that approach, but i don't really care anymore and i'm honestly kind of embarrassed of this thread now