• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Peacock Silver Prize Fight - Weak Modifier

Gamma Ray

Reaction score
As of the current prize fight, the modifier for Peacock's Silver prize fight is to apply armor break on hit, if the opponent is blocking, for 5 seconds. My issue with this modifier is that it is almost completely irrelevant to the actual fight itself unless you make the occasional mistake.

Making armor break apply on block shouldn't matter since what mostly likely should happen is the opposition replies by punishing with a full combo.

Even if you have command grabs to take advantage of it, you probably still would rather just punish with full combos instead of prepping your squads with command grabs and attacking AI on block.

Right now, it just feels like if you play the fights correctly, it is just a normal fight.

Of course there are some characters that benefit from this situation (Underdog Beowulf, Doublicious Double), but even then it just feels like a standard fight for everyone else involved.

Maybe making armor break apply on standard hits as well would help make the modifier feel more utilized, but I admit I am still trying to think of ways to make this modifier more meaningful.

Reactions: fanghoul
I think there might need to be some general review of buff/debuff lengths.

This, like a lot of modifiers, seems to last a lot shorter time than really makes sense with the way the game is played. Almost anything lasting 5 seconds will expire before either you or the opponent stop blocking and have an opportunity to act on it. If you use a blockbuster it's usually even worse, since it matters whether the buff/debuff is active when the damage is done, not what was active when it started and the pretty animations mean that a lot of these buffs/debuffs run out before they're relevant.

Even 10 second buffs can be fairly irrelevant in this context, depending on how they're activated, since it also takes so long for opponents to stand up again (I notice this a lot with Beat Box Big Band, who tends to knock people down with a number of his moves, which also set off his engage buff)

Increasing the length is definitely one way to approach it. I just feel like there's a lot of prize fights and events where the bonus is not used and therefore you are basically just playing normal fights with situational bonuses/challenges. It usually doesn't bother me, but I kind of get the most fun out of challenges like the bleeding one since when done correctly it can really show how well you play with a shorter timer on you (Though I hope they do address how people can negate it with high bleed resist stats).

I personally think it's fine as it is. Each modifier has its own little niche and some can appear more prevalent than others but all of them have an impact. Breakdown, in my eyes, is one of those many 'AI-sided' modifiers because it helps them to whittle down your health through scratch damage quicker, while you won't really be feeling the benefit on your side at all unless you pick hard counter fighters as mentioned above. That's just how some of them are. If we want to stop that from being the trend then I'd really rather focus on Supercharged first because I can't for the life of me remember the last time I actually enjoyed Painwheel's gold prize fight.

(Though I hope they do address how people can negate it with high bleed resist stats)
This is a very popular misconception. It does not matter how much bleed resistance you have; as long as it is equal to or between 1% and 100%, you will have a chance to resist Hemofilia and Exsanguination completely. The condition applies bleed in the same way that a hitting attack or a Signature Ability would. If you have 50% bleed resist, you will resist the permanent bleed 50% of the time (on average). And as far as I'm aware, this is by design and I find it to be relatively fair. The only real awkward inconsistency with it is that Bloodbath's Signature Ability can't do anything about it but then again I'd rather she be awkward and suffer than convert it into Nourishment instead of Hemofilia (permanent regen instead of permanent bleed) because that would not be okay.

Reactions: Inked