• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"RAINBOW BLIGHT" - Strategy and Discussion

View attachment 318

This thread is for discussing the upcoming gold Double variant: "RAINBOW BLIGHT"
Have something to say about this variant? Think you've figured out its SA?

This is the place!
I love this new double color!! On my 2nd double pull I got this card!!! IMM SOOOOO HAPPPYYY!!

This is like getting a rare "shiny" in pokemon, and feels like it's almost too-rare and too-good. Fingers crossed a lot of us have luck in getting it!

Only a few days to try for rainbow double <3 <3!
Rainbow is a lot of fun because of the amount of buffs you can get and the amount of debuffs you give, as long as you're blocking and using Gehenna to keep you'r opponent away.

I love this new double color!! On my 2nd double pull I got this card!!! IMM SOOOOO HAPPPYYY!!
It was my last one of the 10 +1 pull, i was scared my bad luck would ruin it.

Rainbow Blight is easily the most entertaining of the Double cast. Her ability to simply stack buffs and debuffs makes for a situation where holding block at full screen is fully worthwhile.

Not only that, but you also have the ability to land both hex and immunity when hitting the Light attribute which can allow her to dive into characters like Armed Forces and Resonant Evil with little consequence.

Her one weakness is if the AI is aggressive during the entire fight and doesn't give you much time to block. You can have fights where you don't get an element change until late in the fight because the AI won't let up. It happens but she is still able to fight back with her moveset.

She's the best all-around Double with Doublicious and Immoral Fiber outperforming her in defensive duties and Xenomorph outperforming her in niche situations (High Defense/HP opponents or defensive teams with Wulfsbane Beowulf).

Question: is this a Diamond Rainbow Blight? It looks like silver
Player: Bubble
Ohh and Can rainbow blight use any essence to evolve to diamond?

Thanks soo much

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20180820-012017_Skullgirls.jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20180820-012017_Skullgirls.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 29

Thanks soo much

yep! that’s a Rainbow Blight. last time i checked Rainbow Blight doesn’t come as a silver fighter. :p
to evolve her to Diamond you need 1 fire, 1 water and 1 air essence if i’m not wrong.

Thanks soo much

She looks silver because the final evolution to diamond changes the character's portrait ring to their elemental color, and Rainbow Blight's element is grey (neutral). That does look confusing though.

Reactions: Mrs.Incredible
yep! that’s a Rainbow Blight. last time i checked Rainbow Blight doesn’t come as a silver fighter. :p
to evolve her to Diamond you need 1 fire, 1 water and 1 air essence if i’m not wrong.
Thanks soo much :D
I was like... WAHHH there's a SILVER RAINBOW BLIGHT?!?!?! NO WAY! lol.
I'm noob :p only been playing for 4 months.

Reactions: Inked
She looks silver because the final evolution to diamond changes the character's portrait ring to their elemental color, and Rainbow Blight's element is grey (neutral). That does look confusing though.
Thanks soo much! :) Can't wait to get my Rainbow Blight to Diamond!

One of the best variants of Double. Sometimes it seems a little bit cheating with it ;) But it needs some luck to do best... OK, I lied... GREAT Luck)

Strong side of this variant is multi-buff (on itself) and multi-debuff (on enemy). Basically it is uncomfortably to collect all buffs/debuffs. You also can't control to which element Double will switched on next turn. But you get used to collect only top-needed buffs/debuffs later and comfotable is going back) OK, Double RB is not very strong person originally, but just imagine - you stay with +2/3/4 level attack bonus, +2/3/4 shield, invis and HP-regen, and your enemy on other side has blooding, deattack, broken shield and skills block. All you need after collects right buff/debuff (of course for some enemies you may collect another list) is catch of "open" enemy. If you stop turning elements on RB in element-excellence_state 2 times of throws+attack-attack (may be with crit) usually means death of opponent.

It usefull to help to Double RB by skills with element-bonus and crit as 3rd "main bonus" (after att as 1st and block/def as 2nd). Element-penalty is also not bad when you are fighting as light vs dark or dark vs light because in this case you can quickly lose on moments when shield or invis buffs have gone... and even good % of block and defence on your skills may doesn't help :(
Also you can enhance your RB by right party members with spec.abbilities like: throw-bonus, regen-bonus (in this case you may don't wait for regen-buff in critical moments), buff/debuff-time-bonus, critical-bonus or invis - all of this additional abbilities from party-members can be more cheating as solo Double RB.

But it has a few really weak sides.
  1. Quick-game as deffence team. AI can play for Double RB reeeeally bad. So usually it is just character without element-bonus.
  2. As I wrote before. Buffs/Debuffs are going end right in bad moment.
  3. It is contred by almost every character with debuff-reflexes. In fight with this chars you should better be a Fortuna's mother to catch ONLY needed buffs (and invis as first). And of course those characters that can thief enemy's buffs are mostly fatal((

Just pulled this variant and I'm unsure now good she is?

A lot of the info out there on her seems outdated so I'm unsure whether she can really stand up to lots of the other doubles out there (especially since Jaw seemed like a superior version of her). Anyone have her and want to share their thoughts on her?

Reactions: Diony
Just pulled this variant and I'm unsure now good she is?

A lot of the info out there on her seems outdated so I'm unsure whether she can really stand up to lots of the other doubles out there (especially since Jaw seemed like a superior version of her). Anyone have her and want to share their thoughts on her?
Sure.
IMG_20201230_102303.jpg

What can I say, except, she relies purely on her buffs and opponents debuffs. That's why the beast of Gehenna BB is equipped. As it gives me time to transmute, hence to inflict debuffs.
Took down some very tanky fighters because of her. Because she can inflict Hex with ease. She gains all variety of buffs and inflicts all varieties of debuffs, including the new ones.
According to my current fighters collection, I mostly use her to take down Resonant Evil, Untouchable, Armed Forces, Brain Freeze, heavy metal and even sometimes That's all folks.
But mind the Valentines. ICU can be very pesky in huge fighter score difference.
For marquee, I favour Volatility as you have to keep transmuting to gain full advantage of her SA.
Teams:
1)With Evergreen Evil(increase buff duration by 5sec) and Sundae School(increase debuff duration by X sec), and Rainbow as front fighter, you can do wonders.
2)With Claw and Order(resets debuffs) and Inner Pieces (transfers buffs and debuffs to the next tag), Rainbow can inflict many debuffs, then tag with Claw to transfer all her buffs to herself and keep on resetting opponent debuffs.

Also she is my first Gold Double and my favourite also.
That's all. Your choice.

LSDouble is a beast. No. A BEAST. A MONSTROSITY. A MERCILESS AND RUTHLESS BRINGER OF DEVASTATION!

I personally like her even more than Jawbreaker, because she is a bit more predictable. And debuffs! IMO, Rainbow is the best debuffer in the game. Just look here:
  • She is a Double. That means her damage output is very high by default. HP is lacking, but we're going full Glass Cannon here, no?
  • She has reliable self-buffs that are based on Element to which she transmutes: 2 Armors (Water), 2 Enrages (Fire), Heavy Regen (Air), Haste (Dark), Immunity (Light). Every grab gives you enough time to change at least 2 elements and get good stuff.
  • She debuffs opponent by blocking. Again, based on Element. Cripple, Bleed, Disable Blockbusters (Meter Control!), Heal Block, Hex. Stop. Really? HEX??? JUST BY BLOCKING???!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! This thing alone makes her top-tier, but wait...
  • She has Chaos MA. Sorry, @Art3mes, Chaos all the way. Debuff fest is in town! My RB has 48% Crit Chance, and in one full combo I usually apply 7-10 debuffs IN ADDITION to ones applied by her SA. Honestly, with Chaos the insane raw damage of Jawbreaker does not look that huge of an advantage anymore...
  • Due to Armor stacks applied every time she transmutes to Water, she actually has rather good survivability in comparison to Immoral and Xeno, maybe even better than the Christmas Tree of Death. Not so Glassy anymore, but still a Cannon?
  • Constant color changes sooner or later make you immune to epilepsy, while irritating your opponent (if they are still alive in 10 seconds, I mean). Yes, I believe that AI also feels uncomfortable, HVS programmed it good enough.
  • You only need 1 of Air, Fire and Water Essences to Diamond her.
And all this is LSDouble alone. Now, like @Art3mes said, throw in Evergreen, Sheltered, Sundae, Claw, IP... Have fun!

Reactions: Art3mes