• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Recommended Marquee for Variants list (Part 1)

Want me to make more of these lists?

• Why not? Every guide is appreciated

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • Nah, i think they got it covered.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AwsomeTheMyth

Reaction score
Beowulf:
Marquee Ability: TITLE FIGHT
Focuses on how well you play with beowulf, either by hittting hard against tagged in enemies after you took some damage to keep up the pace or to quickly finish off your current enemy while your health is higher than the enemy so they don't get any chance to recover.

CHALLENGER:
Beowulf inflicts 5/15% bonus damage anytime his health percentage is LOWER than his opponent's.
Summary: Great for your Underdog and Weekend Warrior as both of them are lacking damage, after all they don't hit as hard as their top tier siblings and can be somewhat terrifying in late Prize Fight streaks and in rifts too, so don't be afraid to use it and give it to defensive type Beowulfs.
Variants: Underdog, Weekend Warrior

DEFENDING CHAMP:
Beowulf inflicts 5/15% bonus damage anytime his health percentage is HIGHER than his opponent's.
Summary: Generally the best MA for most or all of Beowulf variants, works incredibly well Cold Stones and Wulfsbane to clean up the entire team easily and because they benefit a lot from hitting them suffering from their respective debuffs, Dark Might to skyrocket his ATK when he's all alone as well and even Number One to make up his weak ATK with Enrage and last but not least Dragon Brawler to make it easier for him to finish off defensive fighters easily with improved Critical Damage and Precision.
Variants: Cold Stones, Hype Man, Number One, Wrestler X (He'll be at high health percentage due to his regen most of the time), Wulfsbane, Dragon Brawler, Dark Might

Big Band:

Marquee Ability: MAESTRO
Big Band can be either a lone wolf or team player fighter acting as a tank to stall out your adversaries, it focuses on reducing damage Big Band takes whether he's alone to further irritate the attacker and timing him out or with his teammates to get support from them and have little to no damage to take from any blow, at all comes down to preference in the end.

SOLOIST:
Take 5/15% less damage when Big Band has NO living teammates.
Summary: While it's underwhelming as it needs you to be all alone in PF, it does much better job in single node rift fights such as Chaotic Evil/Halftime/Concrete Resolve nodes as those will make your Big Band a tough nut to crack, works spectacular with Resonant Evil and G.I.Jazz as both of these bands are purely defensive and have little to no use on the offense.
Variants: Resonant Evil, G.I.Jazz

FRONTMAN:
Take 5/15% less damage while Big Band has living teammates.
Summary:
The general MA for most or all of Big Band variants, very straight forward and appreciates all the support it gets from Support type fighters like Surgeon or TC Vals, it's more accessible than it's niche sibling and can help you in PF late streaks if you mess up in there, nothing can go wrong upgrading this MA to it's maximum power although you might have a hard time fighting solo nodes in rifts.
Variants: Bassline, Beatbox, Robocopy, Epic Sax, Private Dick, Megasonic, Heavy Metal

Cerebella:
Marquee Ability: CENTER STAGE
Even bruisers like Cerebella needs convenient ways of controlling her opponent, ranging from disabling Special moves and Tagging to reducing their Meter to stop them from using BB3!

UPPER HAND:
THROWS reduce the meter of all opponent BLOCKBUSTERS by 20/30%.
Summary:
Everybody's favorite Marquee, this one basically deletes BB3 from the game with constants throws like Drop/Airbag/Merry-Go-Rilla/Showstopper/Pummel/Excebella doing great job at it, basically Pummel used to annihilate Blockbusters in the prior 3.1 update, but still great to have it as it drains and stagger the enemy so nothing have changed much aside the every throw in 3.1 can successfully drain meter, it's the best ma to have in the game as it can help you immensely in Prize Fights and Rifts if you want the battle to go to your favor!
Variants: Understudy, Headstrong (More control), Big Top, Grey Matter, Toad Warrior, Harlequinn (MGR Loop), Armed Forces, Brain Freeze, Heavy Handed

RINGLEADER:
THROWS DISABLE the opponent's TAG INS and SPECIAL MOVES for 5/15 seconds.
Summary: The distant cousin of No Egrets and used to be Bad Ms Frosty's cousin as well, basically it doesn't do much like Upper Hand but it can be used against Inertia modifier in Rifts where unblockable Tag-Ins are indeed the scariest thing about that node, it may not be the flashiest but times where you need to control your enemy from recovering and not wanting to suffer unblockable Tag-in into Blockbuster nonsense, this is good for you.
Variants: Understudy, Headstrong (More control to take advantage of her SA), Big Top, Armed Forces

I'll do more on recommend MA list for other fighter, but for now enjoy these.
*This is based on my opinion and others as well including their experiance from using those MAs too, feel free to talk about your thoughts on this list.

Last edited:
I picked the frontman MA for my RE. I was thinking in PF's but I use him in the Concrete Resolve node in the rift :( . Is it worth to change his marquee? It's at level 1.

I picked the frontman MA for my RE. I was thinking in PF's but I use him in the Concrete Resolve node in the rift :( . Is it worth to change his marquee? It's at level 1.
Sure, remember you’ll have to pay at least 150 rift coins to get the 200 SP Big Band to switch his MAs, after all Silvers aren’t hard to max out their MA thankfully and the plethora of SP from CoC is forgiving.
It’s okay to leave the frontman RE for PF and make another RE to solve your Concrete Resolve issue at least but it’s more time consuming and very grindy.

Reactions: educavalcantee
Thanks! I'll switch his marquee and and use Dread Locks in his place in PF's. What do you think? Is a good Idea? My current PF team is SG, RE and Bio. :)

Reactions: AwsomeTheMyth
Thanks! I'll switch his marquee and and use Dread Locks in his place in PF's. What do you think? Is a good Idea? My current PF team is SG, RE and Bio. :)
Not bad at all, Bio and RE are incredibly annoying duo and can pretty much end countless streaks in PF.

Reactions: educavalcantee