• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"REGALLY BLONDE" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Para.png

This thread is for discussing Parasoul's new Gold variant, "REGALLY BLONDE".
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Too niche. At least it should've been a 100% chance. Makes me think that No Egrets' better at what she does. Tho you could say this is in exchange for having more stats in general.

Almost no point in developing strategies for a fighter who is inherently luck based instead of something more skill based like Windswept.

Sometimes you get lucky and the opponent’s meter gets drained throughout the match and the disable effects are just the ones you need. And sometimes you don’t and probably end up losing.

Her stat build is typical: +100% ATK, +50% meter gain, +35% def, etc.

As for loadout:
  • Inferno Brigade BB3
  • Napalm Shower BB2
  • Silent Scope BB1
  • Napalm Shot
  • Napalm Shot
The tear detonation disables are also luck based so if you detonate a single tear, it might disable their specials or BBs or tag ins. Detonating 3 or more tears at once might give you a better chance at disabling all 3. But there’s also the possibility of disabling 1-2.

Character role? She’s too luck based to be reliable enough to solo carry.

Reactions: JarlBeimar
Nothing is sweeter than sealing off someone's ability to wake up and one shot you with a bb3. While there is an element of radomness to her (several actually) here is what I learned during my time playing with her.

1. Ground to Air combos are nice, but not always what you need, especially since you end up right in front of the opponent. Use the double dash attack to put some distance between you and your foes before detonating.
  2. You can detonate and afflict someone with your debuffs before they even appear onscreen. Consider detonating right after defeating an opponent to keep up the pressure. For this reason I may also recommend the widely disliked Outtake this time, for the ability to take care of a problem character in the roosts before they get all their meter to run through you.
  3. Let your enemies come to you instead of coming to them.Use Napalm Shot, Napalm Shower and even Egret Motto to make sure your opponent is always fighting an uphill battle.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
Is it possible for two tears to detonate and block the same attribute, effectively stacking the block time for that attribute? Like, 2 tears detonate and block Tag Ins and stack for a total of 16 seconds?

Is it possible for two tears to detonate and block the same attribute, effectively stacking the block time for that attribute? Like, 2 tears detonate and block Tag Ins and stack for a total of 16 seconds?
The duration definitely doesn't double. I'm pretty sure the duration doesn't even refresh.

Mild 2021 Review, some time after the addition of Parasoul's Napalm Trigger special move and the stat revision.
Before: Detonating tears was restricted to only Parasoul's charge attack which could be highly punishable, making Regally Blonde difficult to use for what she could offer through decent rng.
Now: There's two options for detonating tears: charge attack (ideal for the defensive Parasoul AI) and Napalm Trigger (ideal for the player, details later).

This is based on my current loadout --which is unfinished stat-wise-- and repeated testing under the expert & master difficulties of Holodeck Hazards. Results in late prize fight streaks, rift battles, and free for all versus may vary. Combo & utility moves can be swapped as desired.
Regally Blonde rsz.png
Regally Blonde loadout rsz.png

Napalm Trigger

It's a necessity! Whether at base cooldown or reduced cooldown, there's loadouts that work with it.
A Napalm Trigger with a cooldown shorter than the debuffs are long will do a lot in maintaining pressure. Supports Sundae School & Harlequin can help bridge the gaps if desired. At 5.5 seconds [screenshot above], it's shorter than the debuffs' timer and Parasoul's most basic combo (which produces 2 tears).

Tear detonation is best done after a few have been spawned to increase the chances of getting specials & blockbusters disabled (burst & bb3 rng safe). Detonating tear nests can also be used to intercept dashes and subsequently combo off of.

In-game chat feedback i've received for suggesting the use of Napalm Trigger to others looking to use Regally Blonde: it's suboptimal due to how Parasoul's marquees work because both require tears to remain spawned in order to receive higher crit rate/damage. Very true, but i don't have fun playing that way, and they need to be detonated anyway to activate her SA2.

Recommended Stats

Offense: Attack%, Piercing, Accuracy, either Special Cooldown or Meter Gain depending on your loadout, Crit Rate if going for the Critical Mass marquee. Accuracy as a safety net or last hoorah when the opponent manages to get a blockbuster off, setting off the SA1. Critical Mass was the marquee i've been recommended several times in in-game chat.

Defense: HP%, Defense, Accuracy, Meter Gain, Resistance.

My Offensive Loadout

SA2 utility: Napalm Trigger / Toss / Shot.​
Napalm Trigger to be as oppressive as possible. Napalm Toss to use after a basic combo with no full blockbusters, have 3 tears available early fight, and tear spawning when there's no opponents available to hit. Napalm Shot for zoning, tear nest setup for combos or intercepts, satisfying hit after Canopy Bounce, bleed proc.
With how often Parasoul can spawn tears, the debuffs at 8 seconds with a 5.5 second Napalm Trigger can be oppressive.

General utility: Canopy Bounce, Motor Brigade.​
Canopy Bounce for low meter cost buff removal. Motor Brigade for a free stun combo, free damage & meter.

Provided i can get some spare tears set up,
dash → jabs (all) → Napalm Trigger → jabs (all) → launcher → air juggle → Canopy Bounce → varied timing: Napalm Shot → OTG: Motor Brigade.
Napalm shot is skipped for Big Band.

Other Offensive Loadouts

SA2 utility: Napalm Trigger / Shower.​
General utility: Egret Dive, Silent Scope, Canopy Bounce.​
Stats: nothing too noticeable?​
Courtesy a video on youtube by James Jones: flashing lights warning.

SA2 utility: Napalm Trigger (lv15) / Shower.​
Stats: 100% Meter Gain.​
This is speculative. The idea is to fill Napalm Shower's meter in one basic combo and have Napalm Trigger available at roughly the same time.

Defensive Loadouts

SA2 utility: Napalm Shot / Shower.​
General utility: Burst, Bâillement, Egret Dive, Inferno Brigade, choice bb1 or bb2.​
Stats: HP%, Defense, Accuracy, Meter Gain, Resistance.​
Mix and match. It's defensive, things aren't guaranteed. I'm unfamiliar with rift defense and most prize fight defense, so i'm unable to provide info on either.

i like this Parasoul variant, she has a decent SA in my opinion, fan of the source material for the palette: Fullmetal Alchemist, fun to play as, will probably diamond her given the chance. 🧊💙🌊💎 alright, i think that covers everything i had to say.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Especially nice when the opponent almost has a fully charged BB3, but then uses a BB1 and gets all their meter taken. Although, I think I’ve had it happen more to me, I always forget her SA!