• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Reworking suggestion of Heavy handed

Aoskull

Reaction score
It seems that many players want Heavy Handed to rework abilities. I’m one of them too, so I made an idea of reworking. Here’s the details.

Heavy Handed🔴

Signature1 - Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging a CHARGE ATTACK, and gain UNFLINCHING for 8 seconds when reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE. One ENRAGE is removed when HIT an attack.

Signature2: PIERCING increases 3/4/5% per BUFFS that currently applied. (cannot exceed 50%)

•Her problem is that all buff is removed when hit an attack, which makes her difficult to doing continuous fight. This becomes noticeable in high-streak prize and parallel realms, current situation is that she often used in low-streak prize or defense team, and not much used in serious battles.

•First, I think combining current two signatures is good idea. This will allow her to completely rework the signature2.

•Let’s change “ALL enrage” to “One enrage ”. This will allow her to strengthen her attacks for 5 times, makes her more powerful than before, and recharge will also become easier if you couldn’t use all enrage within the unflinching time (I’ll explain it later) ! Cerebella has many strong one hit moves, increasing instant firepower will also become easier, too. Unflinching is no longer be removed when hit an attack, makes her really easy to do forcible attacks. However, to avoid her becoming OP, I decreased duration a little.

•Alright, everyone, let's talk about the reworking of her signature2. I think there are many opinions about it, but my thinking is “PIERCING increases 5% per her buffs currently applied”. As a feeling, it is similar to Jawbreaker’s signature2. It allows you to create room to invest options other than piercing to make her stronger than before. This will allow her to increase her instantaneous firepower and do the continuous fight easier. (she can attack with 30% increased piercing on the first hit after activate signature1!) Since it also increases by the buffs that inflicted by other tools, Taunt and BB3 are the best moves for her to equip. Surgeon General, Rose-Tinted, Model Leader etc. would be the best teammates for her.

Last edited:
Hey, hope you are doing well.

I think the biggest problem lies in the game mechanics itself. You can't really use charge attacks reliably, two per match at best. So her current SAs are really flawed. Though with good crowd control like stun, wither/disable bb, disable specials, disable tag-in etc it could be possible. For example Scare Giver can use charge attacks far better than Heavy Handed as she can wither with her SA and disable specials and tag-ins with her marquee, so most enemies can't counter charge attacks at all when correctly timed. Having just unflinching is pretty much a death wish for an offensive variant.

You can find some workarounds for sure, like Excellbella's 6 sec stun, but the reward? Just more damage, look at creature of habit, she can reliably get to 5 enrages and even if they removed the "enrages are removed when a bb is used" from CoH's kit, she still wouldn't be that good as the only thing she offered would still be only damage. She is just outclassed by other nukers. Some of them just have better signature abilities or better moves as a character. I don't think this buff is enough for people to actually use her, as she doesn't provide anything other than very conditional damage increase.

Even though I want her buffed as much as you do, I just can't see how this kit can be appliciable in the meta or give me any reason to build her other than just for fun. Hope you don't get me wrong I just wanted to tell what I genuinely thought, see you around.

Reactions: Aoskull
Hi, friend! I'm glad to see you again. Well, this is the first time I've received so much criticism for my opinion, but I think your opinion makes sense. With this in mind, I’ve made some updates to her abilities. Forget the previous one.

Signature1 - When you activating CHARGE ATTACK, Gain 3/4/5 stacks of ENRAGE and UNFLINCHING for 10 seconds.

Signature2: ENRAGE and UNFLINCHING’s duration increases by 0.5 second for every 5% of her PIERCING.

• Removed her signature1’s enrage disappearance effect and changed the enrage’s activation condition a little. You still need to activate charge attack, but you won't have to use it as many times as you used to (until her buffs are removed!).

• Tbh I think charge attack is kind of personality that has shaped her over the years, so I don't want to completely change it. “Increase usability while maintaining previous elements of signature” is my ideal adjustment.

• You think the duration is kind of short? Good news. I made an interesting changes for her signature2. Enrage and unflinching’s duration will increase by 0.5% per her piercing! That means if her piercing is 50%, signature1’s enrage and unflinching’s duration will become 15 seconds!! It will be hard to set her piecing 50%, but you can get really high return. These buff’s duration can also be increased by those obtained with other tools.

• To maintain fairness, piercing will no longer increases by her signature.

Reactions: Stone
I think the biggest issue is that just getting enrage and unflinching, even for 15s, doesn't cut it for a diamond, especially a Bella. yes, its a 100% damage increase. Apart from that, it barely changes her utility/matchups though.

Id suggest something along the lines of deadeye, precision + death mark, or something really unique that sets her apart from other Bellas instead of just having more attack and nothing else. I do agree that it has to be something related to the charge attack as that is her signature.

Reactions: Dusty00
I think you can go with somewhat overloaded SAs with her, as her own moves doesn't have much to offer it would be balancing if she had really strong SAs.

I’ll start by saying Fire and Water variants need a big overhaul in general. Devs been making OP Dark and Light variants.

That said, the newer Fire gold variants (Annie and Para) from BP have been pretty decent. I agree with Stone that Fire’s typical buffs are boring with straight up dmg boost and offer very little utility.

Fire variants should have more access to Deadeye and Quietus from the newer buff/debuff. They should also be able to burn corpses to prevent revive/resurrection (never understood why Biting Cold can do that as a Water variant).

Anyway, on to the topic of reworking Heavy Handed.

Her Signature is tied to the Charge attack so we should keep that. It’s a very unique play style after all. When I grinded mine to lv60, I found it actually quite easy to spam her charge attack and she was a lot of fun.

Signature 1 - Gain 1 stack of permanent enrage when either player uses a charge attack. Gain permanent Unflinching at 5/4/3 stacks of enrage. Enrage stacks and Unflinching are removed when Heavy Handed is knocked down or tagged out.

Signature 2 - Inflict quietus and gain deadeye for 10/12/15 seconds every 7th combo hit landed while Heavy Handed has Unflinching. Opponents defeated by a charge attack will have their corpse burnt and cannot revive.

The new SA2 gives her utility to deal with strong defenders while she keeps her core enrage/unflinching trait in SA1 with a harder to trigger condition. She can access meter control via MA so this will be a fairly strong diamond. I’d use this version in rift and PR boss nodes to prevent revive.

Last edited:
I’ll start by saying Fire and Water variants need a big overhaul in general. Devs been making OP Dark and Light variants.

That said, the newer Fire gold variants (Annie and Para) from BP have been pretty decent. I agree with Stone that Fire’s typical buffs are boring with straight up dmg boost and offer very little utility.

Fire variants should have more access to Deadeye and Quietus from the newer buff/debuff. They should also be able to burn corpses to prevent revive/resurrection (never understood why Biting Cold can do that as a Water variant).

Anyway, on to the topic of reworking Heavy Handed.

Her Signature is tied to the Charge attack so we should keep that. It’s a very unique play style after all. When I grinded mine to lv60, I found it actually quite easy to spam her charge attack and she was a lot of fun.

Signature 1 - Gain 1 stack of permanent enrage when either player uses a charge attack. Gain permanent Unflinching at 5/4/3 stacks of enrage. Enrage stacks and Unflinching are removed when Heavy Handed is knocked down or tagged out.

Signature 2 - Inflict quietus and gain deadeye for 10/12/15 seconds every 7th combo hit landed while Heavy Handed has Unflinching. Opponents defeated by a charge attack will have their corpse burnt and cannot revive.

The new SA2 gives her utility to deal with strong defenders while she keeps her core enrage/unflinching trait in SA1 with a harder to trigger condition. She can access meter control via MA so this will be a fairly strong diamond. I’d use this version in rift and PR boss nodes to prevent revive.
Hmm… sorry, but I think "knocked down or tag out" is not a good idea. Unflinching’s weak point is that it will not activate against BB, outtake and deadeye. Therefore, once the buff is removed by these techniques, you will need to go through the process of activating the charge attack again and again like now! Especially, the fighter who has deadeye is gradually increasing, so her strength may fade over time.
How about changing “ENRAGE stacks and UNFLINCHING is removed when knocked down and tag out” to “One ENRAGE will removed when each fighter use BB” like Megalomaniac? Unlike Megalomaniac, she has strong BB meter reduce effect in her marquee, she can easily stack enrage to activate unflinching.

Reactions: Dusty00
It’s on purpose that Fire variants are high risk high reward. That’s the theme! Think Risky Ginger and Indomitable Parasouls. We don’t need some OP variant that’s brain dead to use, but strong that rewards those with good controls and play skills. You can see Deny17 using indomitable to score very high in rift against Corrosive Element.

Also, think about buffs from supporting characters and modifiers. It’s pretty easy to gain enrage outside of one’s own kit and SA so I don’t think the 3 stack for unflinching is too difficult with the right team.

Reactions: Aoskull
It’s on purpose that Fire variants are high risk high reward. That’s the theme! Think Risky Ginger and Indomitable Parasouls. We don’t need some OP variant that’s brain dead to use, but strong that rewards those with good controls and play skills. You can see Deny17 using indomitable to score very high in rift against Corrosive Element.

Also, think about buffs from supporting characters and modifiers. It’s pretty easy to gain enrage outside of one’s own kit and SA so I don’t think the 3 stack for unflinching is too difficult with the right team.
I see…🤔 However, Ginger isn't being used very often at the moment, so I'm little worried that Heavy Handed might end up with being same position with Ginger. Also, there are some low risk fire variants like Beast King, Harlequin, Mean One, Rose-tinted, Seraph Soldier etc, so I don't think devs is intentionally making the abilities of fire characters high risk high reward. But I understood your thinking. Thanks.

Reactions: Kheul
Well, if we are brainstorming here is my concept:

SA1:

CHARGE ATTACKS bounce enemies off the wall (similar to Marie's Haymaker) and remove one DEBUFF from self. During CHARGE ATTACK you have UNFLINCHING and cannot suffer more than 25/20/15% HEALTH from a single HIT.

SA2:

UNFLINCHING grants ENRAGE AND PRECISION every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds. Each PRECISION hit deals UNHEALABLE DAMAGE and converts one ENRAGE to REGEN for 5 seconds.

Reactions: Stone and Dusty00
Well, if we are brainstorming here is my concept:

SA1:

CHARGE ATTACKS bounce enemies off the wall (similar to Marie's Haymaker) and remove one DEBUFF from self. During CHARGE ATTACK you have UNFLINCHING and cannot suffer more than 25/20/15% HEALTH from a single HIT.

SA2:

UNFLINCHING grants ENRAGE AND PRECISION every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds. Each PRECISION hit deals UNHEALABLE DAMAGE and converts one ENRAGE to REGEN for 5 seconds.
Wow, It's innovative! However, Slide down with a charge attack is probably already programmed as an ability of Cerebella herself, So it may be difficult to change one variant’s attack performance itself for devs (currently there are no cases like that). But! I think there is possibility that unhealable damage will be adapted because it is not related to fighter’s attack performance. (there is an example of Shadow Puppet)

It seems that many players want Heavy Handed to rework abilities. I’m one of them too, so I made an idea of reworking. Here’s the details.

Heavy Handed🔴

Signature1 - Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging a CHARGE ATTACK, and gain UNFLINCHING for 8 seconds when reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE. One ENRAGE is removed when HIT an attack.

Signature2: PIERCING increases 3/4/5% per BUFFS that currently applied. (cannot exceed 50%)

•Her problem is that all buff is removed when hit an attack, which makes her difficult to doing continuous fight. This becomes noticeable in high-streak prize and parallel realms, current situation is that she often used in low-streak prize or defense team, and not much used in serious battles.

•First, I think combining current two signatures is good idea. This will allow her to completely rework the signature2.

•Let’s change “ALL enrage” to “One enrage ”. This will allow her to strengthen her attacks for 5 times, makes her more powerful than before, and recharge will also become easier if you couldn’t use all enrage within the unflinching time (I’ll explain it later) ! Cerebella has many strong one hit moves, increasing instant firepower will also become easier, too. Unflinching is no longer be removed when hit an attack, makes her really easy to do forcible attacks. However, to avoid her becoming OP, I decreased duration a little.

•Alright, everyone, let's talk about the reworking of her signature2. I think there are many opinions about it, but my thinking is “PIERCING increases 5% per her buffs currently applied”. As a feeling, it is similar to Jawbreaker’s signature2. It allows you to create room to invest options other than piercing to make her stronger than before. This will allow her to increase her instantaneous firepower and do the continuous fight easier. (she can attack with 30% increased piercing on the first hit after activate signature1!) Since it also increases by the buffs that inflicted by other tools, Taunt and BB3 are the best moves for her to equip. Surgeon General, Rose-Tinted, Model Leader etc. would be the best teammates for her.
How about giving her 5 stacks of enrage for 15 seconds when using charge attack every 0.1 seconds,while under enrage she gains 3 stacks of autoblock and unflinching for 17 seconds,so when doing charging attack she can't be attacked,while under enrage she can inflict hex and inverse polarity for 15 seconds,or this is too weak?