• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Rifts rewards

Lulero

Reaction score
Hi, a simple feedback that took me long enough to narrow.

Some facts first, if you want Diamond Keys:
  • Get ranked top 200 in rifts for 1 per week, top 50 for 2.
  • 10% per week from accursed experiment
  • 1m canopies/1.250k rift coins for 1, i.e. $30 for 3 at best rate
Spending money certainly can get you there over time, but it's not cheap and I'd rather spend for something else. The rift coin deal is better, before diamond league you can expect one every 2 or 3 weeks, maybe even better if you are doing good and using all your green tickets. But here, again, I'd rather spend those rift coins on the other goodies.

It would take an average of 100 weeks to get 10 keys from AE.

Hence the most reliable way to get those very desirable Diamond Keys are rifts. Not only that, you need an end-game collection (that's fine) and to be ranked in top 200 (that's not, IMO).

From my experience:

It is possible to squeeze some keys without the collection nor the skills, but you need to do absurdly well compared to other players with similar collection strength (i.e. at least 90% win rate). Now that, at last, I start matching some "real" Diamond ranked players I realize I'm not quite as good as I used to think.

Overall, I like it better! Matches are much more interesting now that my opponents can manage my boss node. On the other hand, I'm not sure I can stay in Diamond league and might have to forget about those keys. Not complaining though, had a decent share already at a point I shouldn't have been able to.

Is that an issue?

I'm not sure. What it means, though, is that:
  • For many players who played an impressive amount of time and spent some money it's still about as hard as a mid-game player to get those keys.
  • If you can't manage to rank in Diamond league even if you have the collection, the key part of the rewards is far less appealing.
  • And last but not least, if you ever take a break from the game, you'll have to grind weeks to get back into D4 (not sure I'd return to the game after a break knowing this).
A suggestion (or not).

I trust HV to fix this. I'm expecting more repeatable content with keys as rewards.

EDIT: Forgot about CoC, edited bits about everywhere to reflect this. Thank you @Blimeylimey .

PS: I'm sure it has been stated already. Sorry, but I like to write down my thoughts and share them.

Last edited:
Just adding that diamond keys also show up in Cabinet of Curiosity.

Reactions: Lulero
Good point I forgot about. I still feel the same way, to me it doesn't change the argument much, but it does soften it quite a bit. I'll edit.

Thanks.

EDIT: A related thought that probably only I find interesting: That's why inductive logic can be dangerous. Miss a constructor (CoC in this case) and all your conclusions can be flawed. What if I used deductive reasoning instead : "I tasted getting diamond keys from rift. Now that I'm being matched with better opponents, although I'm glad to have interesting matches where I'm no longer a 25 to 5 favorite, if I get demoted from D4 I will feel it hard. Might not happen, mind you. From the look of it I can make it back to D3 even. Anyway, had me thinking that top 200 in rift is maybe a little too harsh of a gate. Even for long time players who invested money.". It's safer, more suggestive but maybe not in a bad way. Some feelings are fine if not important when providing feedback.

Last edited: