• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Second Dash Delay Exceptions?

Rudølf

Reaction score
Okay, as far as I know, when you start a hit with a dash, and use a dash again later on in the combo, it's delayed a bit.
For context, think of the classic D1>G5>Launch>D1>Follow-up depending on character. You'd notice the second dash is delayed a bit (hafto admit I dunno why though).

But, say there's a good distance between you and the opponent. There's enough room to move AND cancel the dash into a ground tap.
Using the example earlier it'd start at G5 now, because the dash was canceled. But in this case, the second dash later on is still delayed.

Can there be exemptions to NOT add the delay on cases like these? There are combos that need to start at G5, and I think canceling the dash delay when you just moved closer is a big help..

P.S. I'm torn between posting this on Suggestions and here, so sorry if it should be there! ;w;

I assume by "delay“ you mean the delay between input and the action actually taking place? I'd say the delay has more to do with the launcher, because if, say, you use Squigly or Cerebella to do a combo starting with a dash, then after silver cord or pummel horse, you do another dash, this second dash won't be delayed. But then again, I'm not sure, because I'm pretty bad at combos.

Reactions: Rudølf
I assume by "delay“ you mean the delay between input and the action actually taking place?

Yep!

I'd say the delay has more to do with the launcher, because if, say, you use Squigly or Cerebella to do a combo starting with a dash, then after silver cord or pummel horse, you do another dash, this second dash won't be delayed.

I don't think it's the launcher that triggers it! I mean, if you do a G5>Launch>D1>Follow-up, compared to adding D1 at the start the dash before follow-up is much faster...

because if, say, you use Squigly or Cerebella to do a combo starting with a dash, then after silver cord or pummel horse, you do another dash, this second dash won't be delayed.

It doesn't? Or maybe it's not noticeable because the opponents are staggering...

Also, how about everyone else other than them? A non-delayed dash really opens room for more combos...

Reactions: Robokit
Oh i know what went wrong with my experimentation :oops: When I posted my first reply, I tested the combo you suggested using a launcher that doesn't include aerials, i.e. my fighter didn't jump into the air with the opponent.

I tested the combo again, now with a full launcher with aerials, and I noticed a clear delay in the second dash when the combo includes a D1 at the start versus when it doesn't.

Among the characters I tested, Big Band, Filia, Fukua and Double seem to be a bit different in that their dash following the launcher and aerials seem to be delayed just as much whether the combo starts with D1 or not..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudølf