• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Star Shine rework suggestion

Stone

Reaction score
As the update rolled out a few hours ago. Many variants got changed. To keep this short: In my opinion, Star Shine got arguably made worse than before, and requires something more to be diamond worthy. See below for why I believe this is the case.

- Blitz gains immunity and regen after 5 seconds while also remove ALL debuffs beforehand. That's twice as fast as Star Shine with more to boot. It does get removed on knockdown instead of on kill, but if you ever played Bella you know that isn't an issue with her moves and combos.

- Previously she did need twice as long to gain precision. but on the second opponent this would already lose less time than waiting for it now (its always 15s for each fighter). not to mention the timer resets if the opponent tags out before you gain the buff. wanting precision for all opponents requires atleast. 45 sec.

- Windswept still gains precision after a few seconds. Hex calibur gains precision after a few seconds. While both also get removed, they get reapplied way faster with benefits.

- It's an Annie. Arguably less tools than both Filia and Dahlia.

- Both cloud (She's really fun now!) and ageless (yes, ageless) are better at using precision currently.

- While you can tag opponents out just before they die, It creates the same issues HoD had, and she clearly got buffed because its just not good nor thought out.

I want to suggest two ideas that keep Star Shine's core idea, perma precision.

IDEA ONE:
First Signature Ability:
Gain a random buff for 6-12 seconds when using a SPECIAL or BLOCKBUSTER.
Second Signature Ability:
When killing an opponent with atleast 6-4 buffs active, gain permanent PRECISION and reset all BUFF timers.
PRECISION gets removed if any BUFF expires on Annie.

A whole lot to take in but truly steps into her role of the name of her ability, butterfly effect. She can snowball if you play her well, but loses everything if you don't or are too slow. Random buffs are too unreliable for rift yet very fun anywhere else, and reliability comes from her second ability. the lose condition essentially means she has 6-12 seconds of perma precision to kill another opponent, and resets this timer if succesful. She loses this if she's too slow. Any feedback on this ability is appreciated.

IDEA TWO:
First Signature Ability:
Gain IMMUNITY and BLESSING every 20-10 seconds after not being on the field.
Both effects are removed when the opponent dies.
Second Signature Ability:
Gain permanent PRECISION after not being on the field for 30-15 seconds.
Heal teammates for 10-30% health and fully charge tag-ins when the opponent dies
and remove PRECISION if Annie is the current fighter.

This idea is more in the implied chosen direction of the developers. Instead of giving her the ability to tag out, make her truly a tag in support, Keeping her on the bench until you need precision and quickly tagging her in and out to reset the timer. While I think this idea is less original than idea one, it still gives her actual direction in gameplay. Healing teammates is one thing Annie was supposed to do, and allows many new strategies.

P.S.: I think the general 6.3 update is great! Just giving feedback on this small change.

Last edited:
Could you please change up the formatting for the Signature Abilities. There's very little contrast and it's a bit hard to read(for me at least)
1719321179017.png

I really like the mechanic of SA2 on the 1st Suggestion. Having Precision tied to the duration of other buffs sounds pretty interesting. Idk if it's what Star Shine needs. But if anything, I'd like to see this explored in a future variant

Reactions: Stone