• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Crash Unplayable in this version.

Chocostix

Reaction score
Model: Note 3
Version: 5.0

So I'm in a pickle as of now. Apparently the latest update of Skullgirls, 2.6.1 I believe, crashes me with the 'stopped working' message box in many occasions.
1) Randomly.
2) Every time I start up a match when pressing 'FIGHT!' so I basically cannot play this game, even in Training mode.
3) Tapping on certain fighters. I could view Painwheel and Big Band but for some fighters like Valentine, it would immediately crash.

I'm pretty sure a few others are affected from similar but not exactly the same crashes. Hope this helps.

2) Every time I start up a match when pressing 'FIGHT!' so I basically cannot play this game, even in Training mode.
3) Tapping on certain fighters. I could view Painwheel and Big Band but for some fighters like Valentine, it would immediately crash.

When the app crashes reliably at the same point each time, it usually means that data is missing or damaged. For example, when attempting to load Valentine's art files, an unexpected error occurs and the app crashes.

This can sometimes happen if you download the app over an unstable connection, such as cellular data.

If you haven't already, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app over a powerful WiFi connection, while removable storage (SD Card) is removed from your device?

When the app crashes reliably at the same point each time, it usually means that data is missing or damaged. For example, when attempting to load Valentine's art files, an unexpected error occurs and the app crashes.

This can sometimes happen if you download the app over an unstable connection, such as cellular data.

If you haven't already, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app over a powerful WiFi connection, while removable storage (SD Card) is removed from your device?
i redownloaded the game on my home network and the problem fixed itself! thank you

Ah I see now. Thanks for the heads up. By the way, maybe you could also put up a warning message in the process of downloading data with cellular data? That way others will know what might happen if the game is updated through cellular data.

Ah I see now. Thanks for the heads up. By the way, maybe you could also put up a warning message in the process of downloading data with cellular data? That way others will know what might happen if the game is updated through cellular data.
Well, we do have a warning that reminds you to download game data over WiFI already, but it doesn't completely halt you from doing so in case that's your only option.

Ideally, we would be able to repair damaged data in these scenarios instead or something! :nervous_sweat_smile:

Reactions: Chocostix