• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

When add a Double?

KillInvestor

Reaction score
In a computer game, Double, my favorite character. Please tell me how soon will add the mobile version of this hero?

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
In a computer game, Double, my favorite character. Please tell me how soon will add the mobile version of this hero?
There's no announcements for when new characters will arrive. Just have to be patient and hope she's added soon!
(Personally I don't think it's happening for a long time!)

Snow

Reaction score

The current schedule seems to be a new character every 3 months or so based on their history. (It has been 2 months since the beowulf update and no new character ann. as yet). If double is not the next character, it might be a 6 month + long wait :3

Ryouhi

Reaction score
This is just my guess, but i feel like double will be the last character to be added, since she relies on every other characters' Moves and Specials.

FreyRenoir

Reaction score
Website
freysmith.deviantart.com
Whats a good point about that? Double consists of moves that have not been used for other fighters, which was her gimmick for the original game. Also this point is flawed because her moveset is based off the original cast, where ms fortune only is missing from the mobile version. Why are they needed for her to be added anyways

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
Whats a good point about that? Double consists of moves that have not been used for other fighters, which was her gimmick for the original game. Also this point is flawed because her moveset is based off the original cast, where ms fortune only is missing from the mobile version. Why are they needed for her to be added anyways
Based on what Ryouhl said about Double's moves relying on other character's moves/specials, it was a good point to me because it makes sense that they'd introduce a composite character only after they'd released every character who contributes to that composite character. Otherwise you'd be seeing Double do moves that apply to a character not yet in the game, which could be confusing to people, especially those who haven't played Skullgirls on console.
And Ryouhl's point wasn't flawed, because even if Double's moveset is based off only the original cast, Ms Fortune is of the original cast and still missing from the mobile roster, so at the very least Ms Fortune should be released before Double. There's also no guarantee that the mobile version will get all characters featured in the console versions, which would be a shame, but is very possible. I mean, we don't even have a fight against the Skullgirl in a game called SKULLGIRLS.

Reactions: Ryouhi

Snow

Reaction score
Is it confirmed Double will be the next character? :3 "Something dark is coming" seems to hint towards Double

Tujae

Reaction score
I had not been following the Twitter account, but it does seem something relating to Double is coming... It seems it could just as well be the next branch of story mode though.Screenshot_20171017-152148.png

Tao

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I had not been following the Twitter account, but it does seem something relating to Double is coming... It seems it could just as well be the next branch of story mode though.View attachment 264
Na if you scroll down a bit, it shows a pic of brain drain saying a new fighter is being added. And then those pics u showed were followed up several days after

Reactions: Tujae

Tujae

Reaction score
Na if you scroll down a bit, it shows a pic of brain drain saying a new fighter is being added. And then those pics u showed were followed up several days after
Fair enough. Works for me!

Ah yes... I saw that, but that's part of the reason why I thought maybe the final story path would be released. Yaay she's coming!

I remember seeing Double with another name once upon a time. Does anyone know what it was? (I don't mean the name "Queen Lamia" either. I think it was the name she had when she was first released.)

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
I remember seeing Double with another name once upon a time. Does anyone know what it was? (I don't mean the name "Queen Lamia" either. I think it was the name she had when she was first released.)
As far as I recall she has always been called Double, even in really old concept art.

This picture is ten years old and is titled "Filia v Double"

060928_filia_v_double.gif

Reactions: Tujae

Peacockis2cool4u

Reaction score
Maybe double, instead of having to rely on other characters, including ones that haven't been added yet, she's able to be given new abilities that adapt better for a mobile game. Who knows? Maybe she'll be able to do something with the whole transforming thing and maybe be able to transform as her opponent or just as her monsterous form for a limited time? That's my guess because of the previous "hype mode" and "sekhmet mode" sounding quite similar in comparison from my knowledge so far. :) That's just a guess of some ideas that could work without having the whole roaster yet. We'll see what ends up happening soon!

Last edited:

NamelesstheBeardless

Reaction score
...huh still no update page :^o

Is it gonna be at the end of the Valentine story character reveals cause they’re releasing at the same time? That’s the only logic I got

Snow

Reaction score
Strange. no announcmeent for double and almost end of month :3 :3 :3