• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"WINDSWEPT" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Filia.png

This thread is for discussing Filia's new Gold variant, "WINDSWEPT".
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Three things:
1. Probably best to have her on a team where she can gain armor, or maybe regen. That would definitely make her annoying to fight.
2. Why does it show 6/18 when she has no visible moves equipped?
3. When using Diamonds Are Forever against a Windswept that had just tagged in she evaded it without dashing backwards, which leads me to believe her dodging of projectiles is simply on hit.

Reactions: Snow
(Posted this in the other thread about Windswept so this is just a copy/paste with some revisions)

Bonus stats: +35% defence, +100% HP, +75% ATK, +25% meter gain

Best loadout:
  • Blowout BB3 (upgrade priority: low)
  • Trichobezoar BB2 (upgrade priority: low)
  • Drillationship BB1 (upgrade priority: high)
  • Gregor Samson BB1 (upgrade priority: high)
  • Hairball (upgrade priority: med)

Windswept is undoubtedly a fighter with a high risk / high reward playstyle. Evade like a pro and you’ll be rewarded with great burst damage for a few seconds. Screw it up and you take a huge discount on your HP.

General strategy:
  • Windswept will always get 5x Enrage from getting hit by blockbusters such as Argus Agony and Inferno Brigade (if you can survive that)
  • Automatic 50% chance to evade projectiles will not work if she’s blocking
  • It will work if she’s midair or basically in any situation where she can take damage
  • It’s not a good idea to risk it and try to evade attacks such as Silent Scope and Diamonds Are Forever, since they are single hit projectiles that will do a lot of damage or kill you (50/50 is quite a gamble)
  • Your best bet against opponents who have little to no projectile attacks is to play your own corner to your advantage, predict/bait their attacks, and time the back dash right
  • Evade is a defensive maneuver, and is often risky to pull off. So you’ll wanna build max defence and plenty of bonus HP as buffer for when you screw up
  • Positioning is important: it’s a good idea to get hit by high hit projectile attacks that do low damage per hit (such as Argus) while you’re at the middle of the stage. This way, you can take full advantage of the 5x Enrage and do high damage with Gregor Samson. Also positioning yourself closer to where the next enemy will tag in will allow you fire off another blockbuster with 5x Enrage (see second GIF)

Windswept (at her corner) vs. everyone:
  • She can evade Beowulf’s dash attack, but she will always get hit by hisknockback attack (1-2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Beowulf’s trip attack with a decent rate of success (1xEnrage)
  • She can evade Big Band’s dash and knockback (2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Cerebella’s dash and knockback (2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Eliza’s dash and knockback (2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Filia’s dash, knockback can be evaded but the timing is hard (1-2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Painwheel’s dash, but subsequent attacks will hit her (1-2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Parasoul’s dash and knockback (2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Peacock’s dash, evading knockback is kinda hard like when against Filia (1-2x Enrage)
  • She can evade Valentine’s dash and knockback (1-4x Enrage)

Here are some GIFs of Windswept in action:
https://gfycat.com/PowerfulLankyBream
https://gfycat.com/ShinyUnrealisticBetafish

List of projectile attacks:
  • Dead Cross (3 hits)
  • Vial Hazard: Type A, B, C (1 hit)
  • Parasoul’s tag in bike (1 hit)
  • Egret Moto (2 hits)
  • Hurting Hurdle (1 hit)
  • Strike Up the Band BB3 (~50 hits)
  • Diamonds Are Forever BB2 (1 hit)
  • Middle of the Sphynx (1 hit)
  • Upper Khat (3 hits)
  • Dive of Horus (1 hit)
  • Ringlet Spike (3 hits)
  • Trichobezoar BB2 (1 hit)
  • Gae Bolga Stinger (~4 hits)
  • Napalm Shot (1 hit)
  • Silent Scope BB1 (1 hit)
  • Motor Brigade BB2 (6 hits)
  • Inferno Brigade BB3 (~65 hits)
  • Bang! Bang! Bang! (3 hits)
  • Impending Doom BB1 (3 hits)
  • George's Day Out (1 hit)
  • Boxcar George (1 hit)
  • George At the Air Show (1 hit)
  • Argus Agony BB1 (~28 hits)
  • Lonesome Lenny BB2 (1 hit)
  • Good Fellows BB3 (1 hit / last hit)
  • Deadly Airport BB3 (10 hits I think)
  • Squigly Battle Opera (???)
  • Inferno of Leviathan (???)
  • Catellite Lives (???)
  • Cat Strike (???)
  • Theonite Beam (???)

Reactions: DefGear and Snow
Three things:
1. Probably best to have her on a team where she can gain armor, or maybe regen. That would definitely make her annoying to fight.
2. Why does it show 6/18 when she has no visible moves equipped?
3. When using Diamonds Are Forever against a Windswept that had just tagged in she evaded it without dashing backwards, which leads me to believe her dodging of projectiles is simply on hit.
yes, her Projectile dodge chance applies always, not just when evading.

Easiest to see when using something like Peacock with Bang bang Bang for example, where 1 or 2 projectiles will simply fly through her.

Reactions: Snow
Loving how she can finally go right through a Diamonds are Forever from so many Harlequins! Gosh are those the worst!

Bought a solo relic today on the hunt for that elusive Bad Ms Frosty I can't seem to land. Got a windswept instead...

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
I know the struggle for a bad ms frosty...
Spent a LOT of theonite, got a LOT of bronzes.
FINALLY got her, though. Hopefully you will get frosty next week!

Can I just also say that this Filia's SA has made windswept one of the most fun characters for me to play because you actually play her differently than most other characters and it REWARDS YOU FOR IT, it feels as if it has a learning curve, it's a new way to play, and it's an effective way to play. Way to go with this one.

Is there a strategy on HOW to evade? I feel like when i swipe I either do it too early or the mobile doesn't respond fast enough and i end up getting hit.

Is there a strategy on HOW to evade? I feel like when i swipe I either do it too early or the mobile doesn't respond fast enough and i end up getting hit.
I recomend the first stage with a random character in story mode (i think it's the third level), which is the first one you can take a single character in to. Practice on varied, weak enemies with a few filias trying to get the timing right... And accept that you won't be perfect at it.
Filia is my main, and I'm still more likely to run away BEFORE the enemy attacks than I am to do a proper evade: it's hard to pull off, especially when you don't know what move the enemy is planning.
Practice does not make perfect, but it can help (i should probably practice more now that double is thrown in, too)

I recomend the first stage with a random character in story mode (i think it's the third level), which is the first one you can take a single character in to. Practice on varied, weak enemies with a few filias trying to get the timing right... And accept that you won't be perfect at it.
Filia is my main, and I'm still more likely to run away BEFORE the enemy attacks than I am to do a proper evade: it's hard to pull off, especially when you don't know what move the enemy is planning.
Practice does not make perfect, but it can help (i should probably practice more now that double is thrown in, too)
Just evade spam into the corner and make sure to time the obvious dash attacks then attack back, it's really easy. Moist made a list of dash attacks you can evade reliably.

Windswept deserves a slight buff, the durations for Enrage and Haste should be 15 seconds because of the high amount of skill it takes and the risks to evade properly.

Primed can spawn a tear to gain Enrage for 10 seconds while hitting the enemy at absolutely no risk to herself. I don’t see why Windswept should get the same duration but at a significant risk to herself.

Windswept deserves a slight buff, the durations for Enrage and Haste should be 15 seconds because of the high amount of skill it takes and the risks to evade properly.

Primed can spawn a tear to gain Enrage for 10 seconds while hitting the enemy at absolutely no risk to herself. I don’t see why Windswept should get the same duration but at a significant risk to herself.
Also taking into account that the Haste doesn't refresh, I can see this change being a good idea.

I have a question. What exactly is a projectile?

I have a question. What exactly is a projectile?
Sometimes its a bit hard to tell but generally if the move has a hitbox thats detatched from the character its a projectile. The simplest example would be Peacocks George special moves and her cannonball in her ground combo.

Which MA is the best for her after the buff?

Which MA is the best for her after the buff?
Leech is definitely better for her as she is not a Bleeder but has access to enrage so with Crt Dmg and ATk% build you can deal sufficient dmg

Reactions: Diony