• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Monthly subscription

Gerhop

Reaction score
Hello there! :)
I've came up on forum with a really good suggestion (imo) out there. So, it's all about adding in the game some sort of pay-subscription, just like in many other Android games I've played so far.
So, what is it that "monthly subscription" exactly?
As stated above, it's a subscription, first of all. You'll have to subscribe (which will eventially costs you some money) to get all benefits of the subscription. Well, at least it's how things works in other games: you're paying a little, like 5$ or something, and then you're gaining some goodies for a whole subscription duration. Pretty simple, huh?
How exactly I imagine this system in Skullgirls Mobile?
It's as simple as a paragraph stated above: you pay 5$-10$ and then earn Theonite on daily basis for the duration of the subscription. I don't know what an exactly ammount of Theonite it should be, because i'm not an economyst or some kind of it, so our beloved developers should decide it by themselves, but it should bring player a good long-term profit (which will encourage scrooge players to, actually, pay for that).

+ Procs
  • Additional Theonite won't hurt game economy much because of it long-term goal;
  • By adding cheap and attractive pay option developers'll give poor players an opportunity to support the game in form which I've described above;
  • More deals - more demand, which means more succesfull monetisation of the game.

- Cons

There is none known to me.
P.S. - I'm a poor student myself; on top of that, i live in Russia, and I just physically cannot support the game with direct purchases due to it's high cost, but i surely can give a little money to game on monthly basis. I think there is more people like me, which will be glad to see subscription feature in game.
That's all, folks!

Reactions: Renan Flippy
MEDIUM OFF-TOPIC
In Metal Slug Defense there is something similar to what you say. There are separate subscriptions of 10,000 daily credits for 15 days and 50 daily medals for 15 days.

Thanks for the suggestion!
We're always open to exploring new features like this.

Keeping the game as free to play as possible is very important to us, so if we were to take this route, we would have to make sure that the subscription isn't overly beneficial for those who spend money.

The game is already has the most clear and fair Free-to-Play model as it is: you can choose to spend money to get in-game currency or fighters, which basically means just saving some of your time, or you can just eventially play the game, and get all of those stated above for free, but it will take from you more time. There is no (as far as i know at least) pay-to-win mechanic, exclusive for paying players characters, moves, buyable chapters and so on. This system is an incredebly awesome for players, sure, but i'm also kinda aware of it. Why? Because most of the players (among Google Play contingent at least) complete in-game purchases to get some sort of advantage above those who didn't spent even a penny. If there is no point of doing that - they won't do direct purchases. Yes, there is players who donate to the game just to support it, but they are few, and fully rely on them is a pretty risky in terms of monetisation.
Well, i guess you already know what i'm trying to say... :rolleyes:

Maybe adding special opening and ending animations that can be bought by theonite that will not affect gameplay?

Keeping the game as free to play as possible is very important to us, so if we were to take this route, we would have to make sure that the subscription isn't overly beneficial for those who spend money.

That's a respectable goal. I think the safest way to do that is to have a subscription to give aesthetic changes. You could allow people who subscribe to gain a number of aesthetic/visual benefits so long as they're subscribed.

A few examples of said changes:
  • Reskin characters: I love my Bad Ms.Frosty Filia for her skill but I also enjoy how Bad Hair Day looks. If I could have the Bad Hair Day skin on my Bad Ms.Frosty, I'd be excited! These changes should probably only be visible on the player's end to prevent trolling in prize fights
  • Stage select for prize fights: If you just wanna duke it out in No Man's Land or in Little Innsmouth, it would be cool to be able to travel to said stages on command.
  • "Force" certain win animations: Filia becoming a flag and Big Band flying to space are fantastic, and I'd love to see them more. I know for some characters in SG you can hold a certain button to get a certain win animation. That might be harder to translate to a mobile game. Hold a part of the screen? Swipe a certain direction? Not sure.
Truthfully, there's probably should be tangible advantages too (Theonite is nice, but might be hard to balance for $5 or $10/mo when it's tangible anyways). Maybe making Accursed Experiments last twice as long for subscribers, or energy charges 25% faster for subscribers, or giving subscribers a special item that gives them so many theonite free energy refills, or maybe your take a break/daily relics charge twice as fast.

I'm not sure how many of these are viable ideas, but I hope the examples are at least somewhat helpful.

Reactions: Cartouche‼
I was thinking about this the other day lmao
you pay 5$-10$ and then earn Theonite on daily basis for the duration of the subscription.​
I really like this idea, this would really benefit players who have time but not so much money, and I'd pay $5 a month for this.
WHICH SHOULD BE THE TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC FOR THIS KIND OF DEAL, RIGHT?

So, focusing on players with more time than money, there could be extensions to already existing features, such as 5 daily missions instead of 3, an exclusive daily event, AND (an exclusive?) extra daily relic.
Maybe adding special opening and ending animations that can be bought by theonite that will not affect gameplay?

Theres a ton of unused Skullgirls PC cosmetics, such as the alternate voice packs, and alternate announcers, and this could be also a subscriber only thing, if there aren't any plans for future implementation of said cosmetics.

Overall, I really like the idea, I am a student myself too, and would really like to support the game in a subscription-based model.