• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

(SPOILERS!) Parasoul Origins Lore Discussion Thread

Gamma Ray

Reaction score
This thread can be used to discuss the story of Parasoul's Origins, please be aware that continuing down this thread will reveal spoilers (As indicated in the title).

personally i’m a bit confused on how King Franz’s umbrella basically defeated Queen Nancy in one shot (if i’m interpreting that correctly). i know he said earlier in the story that the umbrella he has would be used in dire circumstances, but what’s so special about his umbrella? what makes it so powerful?

...and they didn't mentioning about the birth of Umbrella (the sister, not the item) or where is she 7 years ago

...and they didn't mentioning about the birth of Umbrella (the sister, not the item) or where is she 7 years ago

i think that info would fit more for Umbrella’s origin story (if she ever becomes playable!). also some of that stuff was talked about in the original Skullgirls game in Parasoul’s story so maybe they just didn’t see a need to repeat things

Cool Origin Story, up there with Valentine's for me. Short, but it reveals some important things.

Also, smug teenager Parasoul was funny and kinda sad at the same time when compared to her older self.

Reactions: PHPP
personally i’m a bit confused on how King Franz’s umbrella basically defeated Queen Nancy in one shot (if i’m interpreting that correctly). i know he said earlier in the story that the umbrella he has would be used in dire circumstances, but what’s so special about his umbrella? what makes it so powerful?

I get the impression that Franz's umbrella is so powerful it's a danger to the user as well. It really sounded like he was resigned to his death when he took the shot.

Also a fun tidbit: Just before he 'dies', you can see Nancy's umbrella Todd swipe in to hit Franz. Old concept art showed Franz holding the Todd umbrella so I wonder what happened to those two after the blast...

I get the impression that Franz's umbrella is so powerful it's a danger to the user as well. It really sounded like he was resigned to his death when he took the shot.

Also a fun tidbit: Just before he 'dies', you can see Nancy's umbrella Todd swipe in to hit Franz. Old concept art showed Franz holding the Todd umbrella so I wonder what happened to those two after the blast...

i noticed Nancy’s umbrella swipe in too! i was wondering if maybe Todd killed Franz right after he took the shot, but it’s really hard to tell. i guess we still don’t really know what happened to him/where he is current day

I thought Franz was going to leave King Gilgamesh to die after ''(What are you waiting for, Franz? I can't distract her with my prattling forever!)'', thought he would just disappear and leave everyone else to fight against Nancy :/

lol, yeah, I can't follow Skull Heart's "logic." Anything can be twisted into an "impure" disqualification. Like for the three Skullgirls we know:

14 years ago
Selene Contiello: I want my murdered family back!
Skull Heart: Wish granted! They're your zombie thralls. So selfish!

7 years ago
Queen Nancy Renoir: I want world peace!
Skull Heart: Wish granted! You will now unite the warring nations... into fighting you, Skullgirl! Your husband is a scumbag, so, ya burnt!

A few months ago
Marie: I want the Medici family #@*%ing dead!
Skull Heart: Uh, wow. Just right to the revenge. Not even trying to front. I respect that.

Looking at the official transcript, it like Double is trying to point out the technicality is being an accomplice to Franz' crimes.
Double: Because you were not pure of heart then, nor are you now.
And so you will suffer the consequences.

Double: And yet you made your wish out of a distrust for your husband.
Queen Nancy: Despite his flaws, he is a good man...
Double: A "good man" who used a peace conference as a means to attack his enemies.
You knew of his ruthlessness. Deep down, you always knew it would end this way.

Queen Nancy: I just thought... I wanted...
Double: You may love your husband, Queen Nancy, but your love has poisoned everything you hold dear.

Reactions: Chocostix and PHPP
lol, yeah, I can't follow Skull Heart's "logic." Anything can be twisted into an "impure" disqualification. Like for the three Skullgirls we know:

14 years ago
Selene Contiello: I want my murdered family back!
Skull Heart: Wish granted! They're your zombie thralls. So selfish!

7 years ago
Queen Nancy Renoir: I want world peace!
Skull Heart: Wish granted! You will now unite the warring nations... into fighting you, Skullgirl! Your husband is a scumbag, so, ya burnt!

A few months ago
Marie: I want the Medici family #@*%ing dead!
Skull Heart: Uh, wow. Just right to the revenge. Not even trying to front. I respect that.

Looking at the official transcript, it like Double is trying to point out the technicality is being an accomplice to Franz' crimes.
Double: Because you were not pure of heart then, nor are you now.
And so you will suffer the consequences.

Double: And yet you made your wish out of a distrust for your husband.
Queen Nancy: Despite his flaws, he is a good man...
Double: A "good man" who used a peace conference as a means to attack his enemies.
You knew of his ruthlessness. Deep down, you always knew it would end this way.

Queen Nancy: I just thought... I wanted...
Double: You may love your husband, Queen Nancy, but your love has poisoned everything you hold dear.

I'm really curious if there has ever been an occasion when a wish wasn't considered unpure. It seems like every wish gets twisted, why do people even keep thinking the Skull heart will work for them at all?
I mean, if Filia's wish for Carol's happiness and Queen Nancy's wish for world peace is 'unpure', I can't think of anything that will work.

I'm really curious if there has ever been an occasion when a wish wasn't considered unpure. It seems like every wish gets twisted, why do people even keep thinking the Skull heart will work for them at all?
I mean, if Filia's wish for Carol's happiness and Queen Nancy's wish for world peace is 'unpure', I can't think of anything that will work.

taken from this canon info thread (just wanna thank @BallotBoxer for bringing this up in another thread - i checked it out and it was actually a very interesting read!):
- No one has ever been able to wish on the Skull Heart without becoming a Skullgirl. “Wishes are selfish by nature”
so no matter what you do, i guess nobody can really make a wish on the Skull Heart and get out without becoming a Skullgirl. the best you could possibly get is your transformation into a Skullgirl taking longer, and thus you have longer time before you turn into a angry skeleton lady (this happened with Filia and Parasoul in SG2E, because their wishes were “less selfish” according to the Skull Heart.)
i highly doubt the Skull Heart’s purpose was ever made to actually grant wishes. if it’s true that the Trinity made the Skull Heart just to have the world destroyed, then they obviously wouldn’t want someone to be able to make a wish and survive. i think the Skull Heart purposely twists wishes that (to us) seem selfless or it manages to point out a flaw in it (like i said with Filia’s example, her wish was very selfless, but the Skull Heart made it selfish by saying Filia made the wish because she seeks “absolution for your forgotten guilt.”)

Or maybe he had to channel his life-force through the umbrella to fire that kind of blast.

taken from this canon info thread (just wanna thank @BallotBoxer for bringing this up in another thread - i checked it out and it was actually a very interesting read!):

so no matter what you do, i guess nobody can really make a wish on the Skull Heart and get out without becoming a Skullgirl. the best you could possibly get is your transformation into a Skullgirl taking longer, and thus you have longer time before you turn into a angry skeleton lady (this happened with Filia and Parasoul in SG2E, because their wishes were “less selfish” according to the Skull Heart.)
i highly doubt the Skull Heart’s purpose was ever made to actually grant wishes. if it’s true that the Trinity made the Skull Heart just to have the world destroyed, then they obviously wouldn’t want someone to be able to make a wish and survive. i think the Skull Heart purposely twists wishes that (to us) seem selfless or it manages to point out a flaw in it (like i said with Filia’s example, her wish was very selfless, but the Skull Heart made it selfish by saying Filia made the wish because she seeks “absolution for your forgotten guilt.”)
Yeah I’m still floored it literally gave an amnesiac who wasn’t even sure she might’ve done something in the past the treatment “lol why are you so selfish”

The Skullheart is like the genie that intentionally screws you over with your wish except even worse because the skullheart claims to have the moral high ground on top of that.

Reactions: Inked
Yeah I’m still floored it literally gave an amnesiac who wasn’t even sure she might’ve done something in the past the treatment “lol why are you so selfish”

The Skullheart is like the genie that intentionally screws you over with your wish except even worse because the skullheart claims to have the moral high ground on top of that.

I know. It's like the monkey paw. The logical thing would be to lock that thing up but no, I guess everyone's all hey maybe, just maybe I won't get turned into a monster, lose everything i care about, then be killed! I guess everyone in New Meridian is either super hopeful or forgetful

I know. It's like the monkey paw. The logical thing would be to lock that thing up but no, I guess everyone's all hey maybe, just maybe I won't get turned into a monster, lose everything i care about, then be killed! I guess everyone in New Meridian is either super hopeful or forgetful

most likely hopeful. i highly doubt they forget that “oh, there’s a high chance that i may not make it out of this!” they also may not be aware of how critical the Skull Heart is in judging wishes based on selflessness/selfishness.
the only story where the Skull Heart wasn’t wished on and instead properly taken care of (taken away to a place where some random person can’t easily find it) was in Robo-Fortune’s story in SG2E, but then again the Skull Heart was ended up being used for murder machines which end up destroying the world, so nothing worked out there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯