• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2019 PREVIEW

Will there any option to set the timer in the next update? It's kinda frustating if the opponent's have low health but the time's already out and we get lose.

Will there any option to set the timer in the next update? It's kinda frustating if the opponent's have low health but the time's already out and we get lose.
No plans for anything like this right now, sorry.
If you could set the timer for the match, then you could just set it to infinite or a high value and never worry about it again.

Few notes explaining a bit of the reasoning behind our timer, and why it's not adjustable...

1) We want to make sure that fights are the same for everyone, so every player has the same amount of time to complete a match. Manually setting it would defeat this purpose.

2) We want to encourage players to be offensive so that they can take down their opponent before the time expires. The challenge is to defeat your opponent within the time allotted.

3) If timeout wins went to the player with the most health, it opens the door for strategies where you hit your opponent once, then run away for 3 minutes until the time expires, giving you the win. Even if you had 500 fs Bronze vs a 16,000 fs Diamond, it's still possible as long as you never get touched after hitting them just once! Not the most engaging gameplay.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for you feedback!

3) If timeout wins went to the player with the most health, it opens the door for strategies where you hit your opponent once, then run away for 3 minutes until the time expires, giving you the win. Even if you had 500 fs Bronze vs a 16,000 fs Diamond, it's still possible as long as you never get touched after hitting them just once! Not the most engaging gameplay.
but when my team had the most health vs opponent team "who had one more punch to death" seems no affecting the winning, then i just give up, ready to lose streak

Hey everyone!

2018 is officially in the books -- and what a year it was!

2018 RECAP
In January we successfully migrated over from LINE... only for our servers to take one on the chin in February. OOF! Nonetheless, undeterred, we bounced back strong and went on to add a TON of new stuff!

Squigly and Ms Fortune made their much anticipated debuts, along with Chat, Marquee Abilities, Silver/Gold/Diamond Fighter Shards, Diamond Evolution, Natural Diamond Fighters, Halloween Fighters, the Cabinet of Curiosities, and Rift Battles! That doesn’t even cover fundamental combat changes (BB3 logic changes, Infinite Combo Prevention, etc) and guaranteed rare drops from 10+1 Relic pulls - it’s been a busy year!

For a trip down memory lane, I recommend browsing through our Update Notes to see how far we’ve come. With all those features in place, we’re now ready to turn our attention to new, exciting features in 2019!

2019 DISCLAIMERS
Just like our 2018 Preview post, the features below are going to be discussed in very broad terms. This is intentional. While our goals remain fixed - the route we take to achieve them often changes once we sink our teeth into the task at hand (and a little air of mystery is nice from time to time).

As such, what we describe below may not 100% match exactly what makes it into the game - it should at least give you an idea of where our priorities lie in the not too distant future.

So, without further ado - let’s dive in!
  • NEW CHARACTERS - Robo Fortune is on the horizon, and Fukua may be next! What comes after them will depend largely on how the game is performing - but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!

• ORIGIN STORIES - Filia! Eliza! Beowulf! We’ll continue to release new Origin Stories for all your favorite characters! These dropped in priority in favor of Rift Battles as the year went on, but we’re excited to dive back into revealing even more never-before-seen lore.

• RIFT BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS - Much like the series of improvements we made to Prize Fights, we are committed to adding new features and functionality to Rift Battles until they are just right. We’ve heard your feedback and will be taking all of it into account. Stay tuned for details on new tools to help craft the perfect defense map.

• PUZZLE BOX CHALLENGES - In the vein of Accursed Experiments, we have plans for new dastardly challenges that will require careful tactical use of certain fighters and modifiers in order to conquer them. Keep building a diverse roster in preparation!

• GUILD BASED CONTENT - Now that some basic Social features are in place, we plan to extend them further to include friend lists, guilds, and supporting cooperative / competitive modes to go along with it. Still on our list!

• OPTIMIZATIONS APLENTY - We’re knee deep in a host of optimizations and refinements that will help improve stability and performance across a wide array of devices.

• SYNC PVP EXPLORATION - As we’ve discussed prior, we’ve built Skullgirls Mobile from the ground up to support Sync PvP. In 2019 we plan to invest more time and energy into seeing how viable this will be as a high quality, over the air PvP experience. Can’t promise anything yet - but stay tuned for more details!

• MISC GOODIES - Although these aren’t at the top of the queue, we’re excited to explore some of the many things you’ve been requesting, like some form of Marie battle, Alternate VO Packs, and more! We’ll provide more clues about new features like these as we approach each new update.
This only scratches the surface of some of the things we have in store for the rest of the year. As always, we are 100% committed to continuing to grow the Skullgirls Mobile experience in new and exciting ways to ensure that there is always a wide array of interesting, varied, fun, and challenging content for you all to enjoy throughout the year.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
All that said, the scope of what we can do depends on how successfully the game performs. Obviously IAPs are a HUGE help (thank you!), the next best thing you can do is help more players discover Skullgirls Mobile so we can expand our playerbase.

As such, PLEASE share the love for Skullgirls and help us grow! Some ideas include:
  • Giving us 5-stars on the App Store or Google Play Store and writing us a positive review

• Sharing the game with friends and/or posting about the game on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)

• Reaching out to influencers, streamers, YouTubers, etc, to see if they will stream the game
Lastly, if there’s anything in particular you are hoping to see in 2019 (either as a part of the items mentioned above or as something new entirely), don’t be shy about sharing them below - we’re always listening!

Thanks once again for all of your support!

Cheers,
Charley (MightyZug) and the Skullgirls Mobile team
As always you guys do an incredible job at expanding Skullgirls into so many different ways. So hyped for the next update and for the whole of 2019. I really want to see how Skullgirls will continue to evolve into the ultimate mobile fighting game. May ALLAH (God in Arabic) always bless you all and I wish you the best of luck for 2019.

So excited! Question: I’ve said this a lot but will more fighters receive updates to improve their SAs? I really want Decrypted to get her old SA2 back and twisted Mettle could have a longer bleed. Other than that I’m super excited and keep up the amazing work!
Agree to this

Reactions: rexturtle1120
You guys did such a great job updating the game in 2018. Super exicted for all the awesome sounding content on the horizon. Thank you :D

First off, thank you guys for your hard work!
And also thank you so much for always being so open about what you plan next for the game, that is something i truly appreciate a lot :)

Now let's see here...

NEW CHARACTERS - Robo Fortune is on the horizon, and Fukua may be next! What comes after them will depend largely on how the game is performing - but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!
While i'm personally not too hyped for fukua, i am quite excited for the Robo. *Lasers Galore~~*. I bet Liam's pink palette is going to be the strongest fighter yet :p
but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!
:ragesweat:
Boy, if we get brand new characters, that would blow my mind. I really hope it all goes well, so that one day i may be able to see Annie of the Stars in all her animated and voiced glory <3
There's tons of interesting and cool characters that are just waiting to be realized, but Annie is definitely my top pick, i just loved her in Beowulf's story mode, so please, do whatever you can to make her a reality :p

ORIGIN STORIES
RIFT BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS
Good stuff. Always appreciated.
Though i'd love to also see some normal story modes in the future. I understand it's hard to invest in considering they're only played once generally speaking, but maybe a compromise could be found to make it more interesting for players to revisit completed story modes.
I think just allowing players to replay already finished story nodes for full rewards would already be a great incentive for leveling and grinding a bit for coin. Especially once we'd get into more difficult levels XP rewards could end up being very enticing!
By limiting the rewards to only 20% of it's former value currently, it really makes it hard to go back to the story mode once you are done, so this may help to make it more attractive? :)

PUZZLE BOX CHALLENGES
Now this sounds interesting. I always wanted to make a small writeup on how we could really use more events like AE, as they're tough challenges, but also present a great way to get some great XP and coin outside of grinding PFs, to switch it up a little.
So i always found it to be a bit of a shame that we only get these 8 nodes for a whole week, which is quickly finished and then you need to wait for it to refresh.
So yes, more please!

GUILD BASED CONTENT
Also something i am very much excited for, especially cause i already hang out in the discord every now and then.
So having a way to play together in a guild with these guys would be great.
This would also make an excellent feature to combine with the good old Marie boss fight and make it a cooperative adventure with you guild mates for great rewards.

SYNC PVP EXPLORATION
While i am not a big fan of PVP myself (Rifts already make me salty enough haha), i am curious how this is going to be approached, seeing as with it's current gameplay mechanics it is very hard to go on the offense outside of punishing the AIs own aggression.

MISC GOODIES
I've been hoping for those voice packs for a while - let me throw money at you!
At the very least i'd go and buy Weebcock. ;)

---

And here's to another good year you guys.
I wish you the best of success! <3

Boy, if we get brand new characters, that would blow my mind. I really hope it all goes well, so that one day i may be able to see Annie of the Stars in all her animated and voiced glory <3
There's tons of interesting and cool characters that are just waiting to be realized, but Annie is definitely my top pick, i just loved her in Beowulf's story mode, so please, do whatever you can to make her a reality :p
I want to know more about her after watch Beowulf's story mode. Then I google it and find out that her mother was a Skullgirl

Reactions: fanghoul
I want to know more about her after watch Beowulf's story mode. Then I google it and find out that her mother was a Skullgirl
my favorite thing about that is the following trivia:
"Her mother's wish not only made her forever young, but made her incapable of swearing."
Can you imagine how hilarious it would be to have that be reflected in her voicelines, where she tries to swear... but just cant? :p

I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws.
Also the fact that most fighters can kill any fighter of the same lvl with just 1 combo without any modifiers, and that would just be unfun.

The whole list has me hyped, but the possibility of a new character is crazy! The odds as I see them:

1. Annie
- She's already being animated for Indivisible as a (guest character). Might be enough to be a good start on porting her into SGM?
- Super famous, even Parasoul is a fan of her, why aren't you?
- More lore! As mentioned earlier in the thread, she is the daughter of an unamed Skullgirl

2. Umbrella
- Most of her moves have been planned out, as she was like Squigly, meant to be a character from the very beginning

3. Minette
- Cellsai has acquired the Skull Heart and somehow made a wish

4. Marie
- But not in "boss mode" but still a Skullgirl.

The whole list has me hyped, but the possibility of a new character is crazy! The odds as I see them:

1. Annie
- She's already being animated for Indivisible as a (guest character). Might be enough to be a good start on porting her into SGM?
- Super famous, even Parasoul is a fan of her, why aren't you?
- More lore! As mentioned earlier in the thread, she is the daughter of an unamed Skullgirl

2. Umbrella
- Most of her moves have been planned out, as she was like Squigly, meant to be a character from the very beginning

3. Minette
- Cellsai has acquired the Skull Heart and somehow made a wish

4. Marie
- But not in "boss mode" but still a Skullgirl.
Annie is already being animated for another game? Sweet! I wonder if they'll do a voting/fundraiser again or just go with a character like Annie or Umbrella that already has a plan. I know I was pushing for Umbrella, but Annie's great too.

I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws.
Also the fact that most fighters can kill any fighter of the same lvl with just 1 combo without any modifiers, and that would just be unfun.
You have a point, but if no one hits, then the timer will just go off and nobody will win. The devs have already expressed that they wouldn't base a win on timeout by the fighter with the most HP, so there would be little benefit to being so defensive.

As with the combos, I might have to disagree. At least with some characters, there's always coming back from a combo. And if not, then it will be a new and interesting play mode to experience. I'm excited!

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws
After 3 seconds blocking, gain a Random debuff for 10 seconds.
After 5 seconds no blocking, gain enrage for 10 seconds
That's why exists a thing called "Burst". To break down the enemy combos

Last edited:
Maybe different types of block could be introduced?
Introducing High, Mid and Lowblocking would be hard to implement on a touchscreen, but what if we had one block for normal attacks and one for specials?

Each would only block their respective attack type while letting through the other.

This maybe could let players initiate in an aggressive way if they can fakeout their enemy with mixups.

Excited about Robo-Fortune joining us finally.

Really excited for the idea of new characters. Annie is my dream character to be added, because she seems so cool and I want to know more about her.

Also looking forward to Rift Battle improvements. I like that some of the most difficult fights and planning I have to do are in Rift Battles. In the least I hope there's some more maps eventually. It'd help shake things up a bit, particularly that boss node everyone is complaining about. I mean, it would have to still be a different difficult boss node, but it'd be nice to have some new obstacles to work around, or know the current one annoying me will replaced with a different one eventually.

There's other issues that feel like they need addressing in Rift battles, but I'm not going to rehash them here. I'll just express optimism that things will continue to get tweeked to be even better. Prize Fights came a long way in the last year, and I think Rift Battles can do the same.