1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL: 2019 PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by MightyZug, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TasiaChaan

TasiaChaan Active Member

Will there any option to set the timer in the next update? It's kinda frustating if the opponent's have low health but the time's already out and we get lose.

2. Liam

Liam !Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

No plans for anything like this right now, sorry.
    If you could set the timer for the match, then you could just set it to infinite or a high value and never worry about it again.

Few notes explaining a bit of the reasoning behind our timer, and why it's not adjustable...

1) We want to make sure that fights are the same for everyone, so every player has the same amount of time to complete a match. Manually setting it would defeat this purpose.

2) We want to encourage players to be offensive so that they can take down their opponent before the time expires. The challenge is to defeat your opponent within the time allotted.

3) If timeout wins went to the player with the most health, it opens the door for strategies where you hit your opponent once, then run away for 3 minutes until the time expires, giving you the win. Even if you had 500 fs Bronze vs a 16,000 fs Diamond, it's still possible as long as you never get touched after hitting them just once! Not the most engaging gameplay.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for you feedback!

3. TasiaChaan

TasiaChaan Active Member

but when my team had the most health vs opponent team "who had one more punch to death" seems no affecting the winning, then i just give up, ready to lose streak

4. Kassem Shour

Kassem Shour Member

As always you guys do an incredible job at expanding Skullgirls into so many different ways. So hyped for the next update and for the whole of 2019. I really want to see how Skullgirls will continue to evolve into the ultimate mobile fighting game. May ALLAH (God in Arabic) always bless you all and I wish you the best of luck for 2019.

5. Kassem Shour

Kassem Shour Member

SUPER HYPED FOR ROBO-FORTUNE! We have the flesh, now it's time for the metal.

fanghoul and Zachary Baumstark like this.
  6. Plance

Plance New Member

Agree to this

rexturtle1120 likes this.
  7. Zachary Baumstark

You guys did such a great job updating the game in 2018. Super exicted for all the awesome sounding content on the horizon. Thank you :D

8. Ryouhi

Ryouhi Well-Known Member

First off, thank you guys for your hard work!
    And also thank you so much for always being so open about what you plan next for the game, that is something i truly appreciate a lot :)

Now let's see here...

While i'm personally not too hyped for fukua, i am quite excited for the Robo. *Lasers Galore~~*. I bet Liam's pink palette is going to be the strongest fighter yet :p
    :ragesweat:
    Boy, if we get brand new characters, that would blow my mind. I really hope it all goes well, so that one day i may be able to see Annie of the Stars in all her animated and voiced glory <3
    There's tons of interesting and cool characters that are just waiting to be realized, but Annie is definitely my top pick, i just loved her in Beowulf's story mode, so please, do whatever you can to make her a reality :p

Good stuff. Always appreciated.
    Though i'd love to also see some normal story modes in the future. I understand it's hard to invest in considering they're only played once generally speaking, but maybe a compromise could be found to make it more interesting for players to revisit completed story modes.
    I think just allowing players to replay already finished story nodes for full rewards would already be a great incentive for leveling and grinding a bit for coin. Especially once we'd get into more difficult levels XP rewards could end up being very enticing!
    By limiting the rewards to only 20% of it's former value currently, it really makes it hard to go back to the story mode once you are done, so this may help to make it more attractive? :)

Now this sounds interesting. I always wanted to make a small writeup on how we could really use more events like AE, as they're tough challenges, but also present a great way to get some great XP and coin outside of grinding PFs, to switch it up a little.
    So i always found it to be a bit of a shame that we only get these 8 nodes for a whole week, which is quickly finished and then you need to wait for it to refresh.
    So yes, more please!

Also something i am very much excited for, especially cause i already hang out in the discord every now and then.
    So having a way to play together in a guild with these guys would be great.
    This would also make an excellent feature to combine with the good old Marie boss fight and make it a cooperative adventure with you guild mates for great rewards.

While i am not a big fan of PVP myself (Rifts already make me salty enough haha), i am curious how this is going to be approached, seeing as with it's current gameplay mechanics it is very hard to go on the offense outside of punishing the AIs own aggression.

I've been hoping for those voice packs for a while - let me throw money at you!
    At the very least i'd go and buy Weebcock. ;)

---

And here's to another good year you guys.
    I wish you the best of success! <3

9. Boombustero

Boombustero Member

Oh well, off to a new year of playthrough then! : )

10. Diony

Diony Member

I want to know more about her after watch Beowulf's story mode. Then I google it and find out that her mother was a Skullgirl

fanghoul likes this.
  11. Ryouhi

Ryouhi Well-Known Member

my favorite thing about that is the following trivia:
    "Her mother's wish not only made her forever young, but made her incapable of swearing."
    Can you imagine how hilarious it would be to have that be reflected in her voicelines, where she tries to swear... but just cant? :p

12. Beldr447

Beldr447 Active Member

I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws.
    Also the fact that most fighters can kill any fighter of the same lvl with just 1 combo without any modifiers, and that would just be unfun.

13. BallotBoxer

BallotBoxer Well-Known Member

The whole list has me hyped, but the possibility of a new character is crazy! The odds as I see them:

1. Annie
    - She's already being animated for Indivisible as a (guest character). Might be enough to be a good start on porting her into SGM?
    - Super famous, even Parasoul is a fan of her, why aren't you?
    - More lore! As mentioned earlier in the thread, she is the daughter of an unamed Skullgirl

2. Umbrella
    - Most of her moves have been planned out, as she was like Squigly, meant to be a character from the very beginning

3. Minette
    - Cellsai has acquired the Skull Heart and somehow made a wish

4. Marie
    - But not in "boss mode" but still a Skullgirl.

14. cappatacus

cappatacus Active Member

Annie is already being animated for another game? Sweet! I wonder if they'll do a voting/fundraiser again or just go with a character like Annie or Umbrella that already has a plan. I know I was pushing for Umbrella, but Annie's great too.

You have a point, but if no one hits, then the timer will just go off and nobody will win. The devs have already expressed that they wouldn't base a win on timeout by the fighter with the most HP, so there would be little benefit to being so defensive.

As with the combos, I might have to disagree. At least with some characters, there's always coming back from a combo. And if not, then it will be a new and interesting play mode to experience. I'm excited!

Zachary Baumstark likes this.
  15. Diony

Diony Member

After 3 seconds blocking, gain a Random debuff for 10 seconds.
    After 5 seconds no blocking, gain enrage for 10 seconds
    That's why exists a thing called "Burst". To break down the enemy combos

#35 Diony, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    cappatacus and Zachary Baumstark like this.
  16. Ryouhi

Ryouhi Well-Known Member

Maybe different types of block could be introduced?
    Introducing High, Mid and Lowblocking would be hard to implement on a touchscreen, but what if we had one block for normal attacks and one for specials?

Each would only block their respective attack type while letting through the other.

This maybe could let players initiate in an aggressive way if they can fakeout their enemy with mixups.

Zachary Baumstark and cappatacus like this.
  17. JAMES D JONES

JAMES D JONES Member

So when is this updates coming that's a good quesg

18. TasiaChaan

TasiaChaan Active Member

Nice speculation, since I had to choose Minette too (in my avatar photo)

Pleasee.....

Kokonut likes this.
  19. cappatacus

cappatacus Active Member

When the devs announce these year previews, the updates come sprinkled in throughout the year

Zachary Baumstark likes this.
  20. fanghoul

fanghoul Well-Known Member

Excited about Robo-Fortune joining us finally.

Really excited for the idea of new characters. Annie is my dream character to be added, because she seems so cool and I want to know more about her.

Also looking forward to Rift Battle improvements. I like that some of the most difficult fights and planning I have to do are in Rift Battles. In the least I hope there's some more maps eventually. It'd help shake things up a bit, particularly that boss node everyone is complaining about. I mean, it would have to still be a different difficult boss node, but it'd be nice to have some new obstacles to work around, or know the current one annoying me will replaced with a different one eventually.

There's other issues that feel like they need addressing in Rift battles, but I'm not going to rehash them here. I'll just express optimism that things will continue to get tweeked to be even better. Prize Fights came a long way in the last year, and I think Rift Battles can do the same.