• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Competitive|Damage Scaling=Immediate ToD Nerf

Rudølf

Reaction score
I was watching Liam's SG2E tips, where he was advising us to use heavy attacks at the start of the combo, because it gets weaker as the combo count goes higher.
Then it hits me.

What if this was implemented to competitive versus?

There are fighters who can reach unfairly high combos (YES NADIA I'M LOOKING AT YOU) and do ToD's, which turns the tide so much to their favor. But if the damage lowers by a percent as the combo gets higher, it'd be an instant nerf. You'll also be tempted to shorten your combos so it makes for a little variety.
Your sad beaten-up schoolgirl just might be able to get back at that stinky, dismembered cat WE ALL HATE SO MUCH! ;W;

If there are any faults to this idea, I'd love to hear them. ° °)

Last edited:
All I can think of at the moment is the possibility of timing out. Maybe it lowers by a percent after every 10 combo hits? We do only have 3 minutes after all. I would also worry about internet connection or rage quoting. If it takes longer to kill someone than it will be even more disappointing when the opposing player disconnects. How about special moves can only be used once like bursts, but unlike bursts they can be refreshed if you tag out and tag in again.

OH!

Hope about the longer the combo the less the blockbuster meter fills, once your at 20 hits or so the blockbuster meter takes more hits to fill and it keeps increasing as the combo goes up. This could all reset once the combo breaks and could prevent infinite loops. There’s still many flaws with this method but it seems somewhat logical to me.

All I can think of at the moment is the possibility of timing out. Maybe it lowers by a percent after every 10 combo hits? We do only have 3 minutes after all.

I wouldn't worry so much about that. After all, there's still a winner even after a time-out! Whoever has the higher team HP left, that is.

How about the longer the combo the less the blockbuster meter fills, once your at 20 hits or so the blockbuster meter takes more hits to fill and it keeps increasing as the combo goes up. This could all reset once the combo breaks and could prevent infinite loops. There’s still many flaws with this method but it seems somewhat logical to me.

Ooh! That's also a good idea! Since most high combos do rely on a lot of blockbusters. A major flaw I noticed is that it would be very limiting, though. Kind of sad.
Also... what about the high combos relying on all special moves? There aren't a lot, but they could pack a punch as much as the other combos. ):l

I was watching Liam's SG2E tips, where he was advising us to use heavy attacks at the start of the combo, because it gets weaker as the combo count goes higher.
I didn't know that

I think it was called damage scaling in 2E? Asked some friends, they said that's what it's called. Starting to sound like a broken record here, but basically, imagine if Brain Freeze's SA is implemented into competitive to all fighters, with a bit of tweaking. A lot of ToDs get an immediate nerf because the combo doesn't stop. Same for certain moves needing nerf.

I really hope they consider this, since certain fighters are sort of wack to fight against in competitive.

Reactions: Skulltoon and Diony