• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.3.0 Update Notes (LIVE!)

This game is a lot better now compared to what it was like back when I first played the closed beta. I'm hyped for this big update and I can't wait to see what new and improved features they'll add in the future.

Fingers crossed that the character after Beowulf is Ms. Fortune.

This game is a lot better now compared to what it was like back when I first played the closed beta. I'm hyped for this big update and I can't wait to see what new and improved features they'll add in the future.

Fingers crossed that the character after Beowulf is Ms. Fortune.
The character after Beo is gonna be Double

When they released that stat graph forever ago, they had Beo and Double on it, alongside the other character who've already been released.

Weekend Warrior
LAST CALL - Gains IMMUNITY and HASTE when triggering Hype Mode, including LAST STAND (which temporarily prevents death regardless of damage taken)

What does LAST STAND mean?

ORIGIN STORIES - PEACOCK
STORY MODE now has a new tab - ORIGIN STORIES!
  • These are special, never before seen stories that dig into the history behind your favorite characters
  • Origin Stories require Player Level 20 to Unlock
  • Every Fight within an Origin Story requires that you use a Fighter of that story’s character type
  • Origin Stories are NOT EASY, especially in Advanced and Expert mode. Get ready for a challenge!
  • Kicking things off is everyone’s favorite destructive dame… PEACOCK!
  • COMING SOON: Big Band, Valentine, and Painwheel!

Seeing as how these are origin stories, do you think it would be better to play the campaign on Skullgirls (PC) first to better understand the story?

Seeing as how these are origin stories, do you think it would be better to play the campaign on Skullgirls (PC) first to better understand the story?
I would definitely recommend playing PC Sg first so you get the background of the characters first before the Mobile Origin stories. Suffice to say it'd be better if you just want to get into the basics of say:

• I.E What "is" peacock and who Marie is to her
  • Cerebella's "connection" to Vitale
  • Filia and her own connection to Painwheel
And so on so forth, if you want more in depth story like the background of the war before the original Skullgirls game like how we're experiencing now, stick with Mobile. Mobile does awesome with connecting bits and pieces the PC game doesn't really give us, like Parasoul dealing with the Mafia and the true connection between Cerebella and the war. PC just really gives you the basics with plot holes, so, if you're just getting into the SG universe, play the PC one and then afterwards come to mobile for more story tie ups and plot connections!

What does LAST STAND mean?

LAST STAND (which temporarily prevents death regardless of damage taken) - so despite he will receive fatal damage, the last stand will probably halt his health on some level

so time out automatically lose still in the game ?

It has to be that way or else people could just stack Block Proficiency and continue to block all attacks and all throws the AI does and still win. (at least against non-Cerebellas)

It has to be that way or else people could just stack Block Proficiency and continue to block all attacks and all throws the AI does and still win. (at least against non-Cerebellas)
Is block proficiency not capped? Just don't let the player have 100%, problem solved.

reminder of this post

Is block proficiency not capped? Just don't let the player have 100%, problem solved.

Block damage reduction capped at 100% :/

upload_2017-7-10_16-24-36-png.143

Reactions: Shawesome
LAST STAND (which temporarily prevents death regardless of damage taken) - so despite he will receive fatal damage, the last stand will probably halt his health on some level
Yeah but was is last stand? Is it a special move or a buff or a combat modifier? I've never heard of it.

Do you want this to be changed? It is fine as it is. When i lose to timeouts i usually get better and try again.
it just unfair when you nearly win the fight but timeouts make you lose even your team have more hp than opponent :/

Yeah but was is last stand? Is it a special move or a buff or a combat modifier? I've never heard of it.
Either buff or combat modifier active ONLY for ONE particular Beo and ONLY when he is in HYPE mode.
U have never heard of it cause it is gonna be something new.

it just unfair when you nearly win the fight but timeouts make you lose even your team have more hp than opponent :/
It would be nice if it took into account hp and teammates left on this. Then you couldn't completely turtle it out for a time out, but you wouldn't be so heavily penalized by it. I dunno though, for the most part time outs become less of a problem as your teams stabilize.

Edit: a word

The patch looks exciting especially with the addition of Beowulf into the roster but am I the only one thinking that his skills are a little bit underwhelming as most of them revolve around utilising grabs to get debuffs or don't seem very interesting besides wulfsbane which seems very offence based but I'll have to see when he comes out.

I'm happy with the balance changes besides merry-go-rila which I think got it a little too harsh but that's coming from a cerebela user and that I think princess pride could use a little bit of an increase in her regen capabilities but besides from that everything looks solid.

The story content is always appreciated but the fact that you need to take that specific character for the story along side you is a little much especially since not everyone has those characters let alone having them level up but it does make sense from a story prospective so it's ok.

Now here's where my critics come in, the theonite re-charge cost being increased and the amount of theonite recieved being decreased gets me a little frustrated as I think it was better as it is as the amount of theonite recieved from prize fights was balanced out by the Medici prize fights as they gave the player an opportunity to make a large amount of canopy coins for playing it if they were short on them and reducing the amount of theonite gained when the Medici prize fight is a thing strikes me as a bit odd. Also theonite when this patch is introduced will be used for pretty much everything besides straight out giving a unit xp so limiting such an essential material and increaseing the cost for its usage just seems that your giving a bigger advantage for the people that pay for theonite in large quantities (nothing wrong with whales, keeps the devs stomachs full and their lights on after all) as the average FTP player doesn't get the biggest amount of theonite after completing the main story and especially now since the amount of theonite from prize fights is being reduced. I hope you consider either keeping the amount of theonite from prize fights and the costs for using it for re-charging fighters the same or having another way of getting theonite outside of prize fights and daily challenges.

Another thing that frustrates me is that having certain game modes restricted to a new player is a bit counter intuitive as giving a new player less options for content in your game is a bit strange, I guess you could use the point that it will give a new player something to work up to but most of the time a new player isn't going to touch those game modes anyway as they know they aren't strong enough to play them but I don't think it's good to stop someone from playing a game mode they might want to start of with and locking away story content behind a level wall isn't very good practice in my opinion especially when it's level 20 which is pretty hard to get up to without having to go through 2 story mode difficulties to get there.

The cost of move relics being reduced is always nice but i still think they are not as tempting as daily events are a thing. Let me put it into perspective why I think so, daily events let players receive moves and skill points for a specific character for that day of the week and on completion guarantees a blockbuster and a special move of different rarity depending on difficulty, now move relics let you for a small sum of theonite get a random move for a random character, now I can definitely say that the daily events are much more appealing than testing Lady Luck with the move relics as there is no guarantee that you'll even get a move for the character you want let alone a specific move that you want so even though moves from the faults are completely random you still have a better chance of getting a move that you want because it reduces the move list from 8 (9 upcoming) down to 1. The only way I can see move relics ever becoming appealing to me is if you release a variation of the character relics for moves and having it so there is a better chance for more beneficial stats on set moves (attack, meter gain, crit rate ect.). As an example you can use the same base model for the character relics but have a bronze, silver and gold colouring for rarity to distinguish them or if your feeling really brave add new models but I'd go for the much simpler option. Also making it so the character relics don't coincide with the daily events for that specific day would also be good so there's 2 days that you can get a chance to get a move (for example have the parasoul move relic on a Tuesday rather than a Sunday so that there is 2 days you can get the chance to get her moves).

Also a few recommendations for the next patch that would be some quality of life improvements like being able to use either canopy coins or theonite to increase your character roster size and your move list size as having to delete moves to make space for other moves can be a bit of a pain especially since it makes it so you cannot open character relics or receive prize fight rewards because of this and it also helps the long term players create space for all the moves they've collected. Also being able to sell a move or character when you get them out of a relic should also be an option in my opinion as having to open my daily relics to receive a move I don't like or want and having to go into my collection and find the move I want to delete can be tedious so having an option to sell them as soon as you get them out of a relic would be great. Being able to sort your moves from latest received and having a display showing newly obtained moves would be a nice addition as I don't know how many times I've had to check through every variation of a move that I've got from a daily or a relic to find the one I've just got can be a pain. One last thing, if you are gonna introduce the theonite changes can you increase the level cap so there is a way of getting bonus theonite for the players that have stuck with your game for so long as this would also help the problem of getting theonite even though it's just a little bit of theonite it would make me very happy if it happened.

To all that have read this thank you and I hope this constructive criticism didn't look like rambling but hopefully I can get a conversation going since quite a few of these changes could negatively effect the game and its player base and I hope that doesn't happen. Thanks again XD

Powerman

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulfden
The patch looks exciting especially with the addition of Beowulf into the roster but am I the only one thinking that his skills are a little bit underwhelming as most of them revolve around utilising grabs to get debuffs or don't seem very interesting besides wulfsbane which seems very offence based but I'll have to see when he comes out....

Powerman
No comment on what you're saying because I agree with some of it, but please use paragraph breaks next time, it's really tough to read a wall of text unformatted.

No comment on what you're saying because I agree with some of it, but please use paragraph breaks next time, it's really tough to read a wall of text unformatted.

I have formatted it somewhat now, the reason for not doing it is that is was really late and I wanted to get my views out there as soon as possible so I apologise for that but everything in there has not changed so if you haven't went through it all yet I'd recommend now. Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Boogiepop