• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How to deal with annoying defense

Does this guide helped you on how to deal with difficult defenders?

• Heck yes

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Still need more stuff

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Well, a lot of moves also count as throws, both blockbusters and special moves. I'm not sure why you'd need a greater fight score. Poultergust with Daily Pusher or her BB3 can make huge dents without damaging herself. Toad Warrior is another option with Diamond Drop, her BB3s, and Excellebella. Or use Harlequin and Pummel Horse and Merry-go-rilla.

I mean, if you don't invest in +crit% moves, even reflecting 100% of your crit damage, she's only going to reflect around 20% of her total life bar. There are cases where it's really bad, but it shouldn't generally be too bad, especially with a little planning?
Duly noted. I needed that specified fighter score as I thought of winning by only throwing, but now bbs included, it's not a problem anymore.
I rarely choose marqueed Painwheels as opponent on high streaks, there are less number of proper strategies. But now I am have many, thanks to you guys.

#We need an update to update the training mode.

Reactions: fanghoul and Yomady
Duly noted. I needed that specified fighter score as I thought of winning by only throwing, but now bbs included, it's not a problem anymore.
I rarely choose marqueed Painwheels as opponent on high streaks, there are less number of proper strategies. But now I am have many, thanks to you guys.

#We need an update to update the training mode.
Burst can play a big part too with knocking defence off or like Valentine to cast bleed
Painwheel is pretty dumb against Assassin Greed with a load of bursts lol

I mean, the hilarious way to beat her would be a somewhat damaged Terror Byte, starting the fight, getting Inverse Polarity in before the Immunity popped, then tagging in Claw & Order to keep renewing it while she kills herself with healing.

A somewhat damaged Filia with her MA might be able to just negate the healing by stacking some bleeds before the immunity popped up.

I'd have to test it, but I wonder if being cursed would prevent the Immunity from ever spawning? Because it's super easy to trigger her MA, and if you even had Sketchy to curse her, that might prevent the immunity which is the major hitch in my mind to beating her then.
This was helpful she's overkill

Pit Frango's Rift defence:
Don't bother, I lost.
Still,
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 11.19.44.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 11.19.42.jpeg

Any feasible strategy to clear Vaporwave node?
Modifiers: Permanent Haste.
x% chance on hit to inflict fatigue.

I used Rusty(Gold) first. but lost in one hit.
Then Dragon Brawler and won with 3% HP remaining.
No Eliza.

Reactions: Yomady
That's some nice base, @Pit Frango !

My first choice would be ICU Silent Kill. SA removes Thorns, Miasma and FAtigue, while even short application of Fatigue is enough to trigger ICU Heavy Regen and replenish lost HP. Second option - Bio, life drain rules and it's easy to constantly pressurize Fukua to prevent Miasma and THorns from stacking.

Pit Frango's Rift defence:
Don't bother, I lost.
Still,
View attachment 12268
View attachment 12267

I used Rusty(Gold) first. but lost in one hit.
Then Dragon Brawler and won with 3% HP remaining.
No Eliza.
Curse VV or play aggressively so she doesn’t get her miasma and thorn buff. Eliza is a good choice since chaos banish can cleanse her buffs.

Reactions: Yomady and Art3mes
That's some nice base, @Pit Frango !

My first choice would be ICU Silent Kill. SA removes Thorns, Miasma and FAtigue, while even short application of Fatigue is enough to trigger ICU Heavy Regen and replenish lost HP. Second option - Bio, life drain rules and it's easy to constantly pressurize Fukua to prevent Miasma and THorns from stacking.
Time to get a Silent Kill.
Curse VV or play aggressively so she doesn’t get her miasma and thorn buff. Eliza is a good choice since chaos banish can cleanse her buffs.
I am investing in Diva now.

Thanks, everybody.

I'm sure nearly all of you guys had issues with tough defense characters and want to know how to deal with them so here I present to you the guide for how to counter those pesky defense characters. Well since I actually hate stupidly long introduction so lets just go straight into the main course.

What to have in general

1. Hex: double with bandwagon, Red Velvet, Rainbow Blight (other things that I did not put are very situational or just outright useless)
2. Bleed: Bad Hair Day, Rusty, Buzzkill, Bloodbath, Class cutter, Love Crafted (rest of the bleeds aren't that great compared to these I mentioned here)
3. Buff Eraser: Rusty, Doublicious, Silent Kill, Stand Out, Eliza with Chaos Banish, Parasoul with Canopy Bounce(Drag n Bite and silver chord is not reliable)
4. Curse: Sketchy, Purrfect Dark, Squigly with Burst or Draugen Punch.
5. Heal Block: Double with Buzzard or Burst, Class Cutter, Love Crafted, Wulfsbane, Sqiguly with Inferno of Leviathan (Graveyard shift is not good compared to these above)
6. Immunity: Surgeon General, Sketchy, Squigly, Parasoul, Peacock with taunt. (in denile might count if you are on silver or bronze pf but weekend warrior is just no)
7. Bio Exorcist: Literally Bio Exorcist.
8. Doom: Obviously Xenomorph.
9. Armor Break: Squigly with Drag n Drop, Beowulf with Wulf Blizter or Airwulf, Pea Shooter, Bad Ms Frosty, Headstrong, Cerebella with Battle Butt or Cerecopter, Eliza with Sekhmet's Bite or Nekhbet Breaker, Painwheel with Buer Thresher, Ms Fortune with Fiber Upper (rest of the stuff that I did not put are very situational)
10. Bleed converter: Bloodbath, ICU Valentine
11. Outtake: literally anyone with outtake

Guide for specific characters

*Unless the enemy has immunity, doom is always the right answer for everything.

1. Untouchable

Untochable's annoying part come from the unflinching status when hit. To properly counter Untouchable, characters that applies curse like sketchy, purrfect dark, characters that applies hex like Rainbow Blight, and characters that erases buffs like Silent Kill. Also, Ultraviolet can act as a counter to Untouchable too. If you don't have counter for some reason and she gets unflinching in the middle of your ground combo, either stop the combo and back away or use blockbuster as unflinching general does not work on blockbusters. Also you can use grabs while she is in unflinching state to buy time till unflinching is expired. Using characters that does less hit and more damage like Cerebella can be helpful for they have less chance to proc her SA; however, do note that RNG can be very mean sometimes and ruin your day no matter what.

2. Resonant Evil

This one is a bit tricky because you have little to no chance of winning if you are unprepared and underleveled. The best way to deal with Resonant Evil is not letting him to get armor by applying hex, curse, or constantly applying armor break. If you cannot do that, you must at least get immunity to make sure you don't get stunned. It is risky but you can also apply some bleed and wait till his hp drops low. Of all buff removers, Doublicious is very useful against Resonant evil for she can also put hex easily and if she gets stunned, she can transfer that stun to resonant evil. Using grab or using low hit character is more risky for resonant evil than Armed Force or Untouchable thanks to the stun so be sure to think again before fighting Resonant Evil unprepared.

3. Armed Force

Armed Force is a mixture of Untouchable and Resonant Evil and the solution for her is also a mixture of both of them. Get anything that prevents her armor or unflinching and you are good to go. Also, using grabs and low hit characters like i mentioned works well with Armed Force unless you are having a real bad hair day. he he

4. Meow and Furever

This one is very difficult to deal with if you are unprepared because not only last stand make her alive for so long but also it stuns you at the end of the duration which can be fatal in high streak pf. You can either prevent her from getting last stand by using hex, curse, or buff eraser or just get immunity to prevent the stun from happening. If you don't have those two, you can use certain blockbusters that does not get affected by stun or level 3 blockbuster just before last stand expires to ignore the stun.

5. Assassin's Greed

Assassin's Greed punishes you by applying bleed and massive damage when you use blockbusters. She also gets healed when she is near enemy with bleed. Because of this two things, you must remember these two things: try not to use blockbuster and do not get bleed. Just using characters like Harlequin that uses speicals well is the most simple and easy way to deal with Assassin's Greed. This way, you won't need to worry about her SA1's damage or SA2's healing. However, be careful not to get hit by some of her specials and blockbusters that makes you bleed because that will proc her SA2 which will give her incredible sustain. Valentine with ICU and Bloodbath are another decent way of dealing with Assassin's Greed for it renders her SA2 healing useless by converting the bleed into regen, however, don't forget that her SA1 still deals damage. If you don't have any of these but you have Surgeon General? Just wait for surgeon general's SA to pop and you don't have to worry about those pesky bleeds and Assassin's Greed's SA2 heals (like I said, you will still receive damage from SA1).
Also, Nearly Departed can be a "theoretical" counter for if you proc her SA1 Assassin's Greed's SA does not hurt Nearly Departed in anyway including the bleed(if you max your SA1). Even though the bleed you still have may proc Assassin Greed's SA2, you can use Inferno of Leviathan's Heal block to mitigate her healing from SA2 or just get immunity from her taunt. However, because Nearly Departed's damage is stupidly low, do not actually try using her on a well developed Assassin's Greed or you will be hating me a lot. Only use this on Assassin's Greed with similar fight score.

6. Brain Freeze

Because Brain Freeze is not about buffs, it is a bit more difficult than those buff using defenders above. The ways to counter her is using bleed or using hex. Since well developed Brain Freeze has decent bleed resist, Hex is pretty much the best option in dealing with Brain Freeze. Also, please don't say Epix Sax is counter of Brain Freeze because you would most likely get punished by her level 3 blockbuster.

7. Bio Exorcist

The most simple way to deal with her is to kill her before she gets at least one dragon charge. But what if she gets it? There are several choices: One is just simply use outtake to deal with her later. This removes her dragon charges and gives you a second chance to kill her before she charges again. Second is to use heal block to prevent her heal. Sure you still receive damage but at least you can kill her much quickly than before. Third is a good ol' hex. Also, it is very important to note that she can drain her allies health to revive if she dies while having dragon charge. This can be use to drain her allies if you wish so. This revive does not work if she has no living teammate.

8. Surgeon General

Other than using Buff removals, outtake is a simple solution for dealing with her. Just bring her front and kill her first. However, do not underestimate her for she can be very pesky especially if she has ICU.

9. Multiple Valentines and Dead Alive Squiglys

The best way to deal with them is just make sure you don't kill them at the corner. If you do, you at least fall back as much as possible and try to fight away from the wall. Also against Dead Alive Squiglys, using curse on enemies on Squigly's corpse can prevent last stand from procing.

10. Dread Lock and Tainted Blood Painwheels

These are one of the most pesky things to deal with even for a high rank player like Moor. For Dread Lock, Valentine with ICU or Bloodbath is the most easiest choice of counter for they convert the bleed that Dread Lock gives into regen and use it to heal all the reflected damages. For both Dread Lock and Tainted Blood Painwheels, just use someone with good ways to recover health or have Surgeon General as support. Hex can work on Dread Lock but it does not work on Tainted Blood Painwheels so keep that in mind. For unconventional method, you can use Nearly Departed to block all the reflected damage with her invincibility.

11. Immoral Fiber and Xenomorph

For those two, here is a simple answer: Outtake. Just push them away and deal with them last. As for Immoral Fiber, you can use Nearly Departed to ignore her SA damage.

12. Heavy Metal and Grudge Painwheels

They are pretty much an inferior version of Armed Force or Resonant Evil as a defender. The counter is pretty much same as how you counter Armed Force: buff removal, armor break, and curse. Hex does not work on Grudge Painwheels so keep that in mind.

13. Just Kitten

For those who have not fought with Just Kitten, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HER. She can just simply ignore your ground combo and punish you for being unlucky. You can counter her with hex to prevent her SA procing but you can also use projectiles to deal with her because her SA does not work on projectiles.

Well that is it for now I guess. If there is any other difficult defenders that I missed, please notify me and I will find the right counter for that. Also, I love any suggestions and constructive criticisms so feel free to tell me those so that I can make other guides better. thanks for reading this guide and hope you will triumph in your battles.

EDIT 1:
Honorable Mentions for the poor souls I did not mentioned:
1.Hex: Gloom and Doom, Stage Fright
2. Bleed: NO I AM NOT DOING A FULL LIST OF THAT THING. ITS JUST TOO MANY TO MENTION.
3. Erase Buff: Summer Salt, Squigly with Silver Cord or Drag n Bite, Ms Trial
4. Curse: Gloom and Doom, Stage Fright, Graveyard Shift
5. Heal Block: Gloom and Doom, Graveyard Shift
6. Immunity: Grim Fan, Epic Saw(it is controversial but idk), Weekend Warrior, Feline Lucky
7. Doom: Stage Fright
8. Armor Break: SAME AS BLEED. I AM NOT GOING TO FIND EVERY SINGLE ARMOR BREAK THAT I DID NOT MENTIONED.

EDIT 2: added color and two new category for general things to have: bleed converter and outtake
Loved the tips! But what do you mean "good ways to recover health"? Could you give examples? I find tainted blood painwheels really hard to deal with

Loved the tips! But what do you mean "good ways to recover health"? Could you give examples? I find tainted blood painwheels really hard to deal with

Diva Intervention is probably the easiest to get and use example of a character that heals themselves. There's also various characters that give themselves regen, like Princess Pride or Valintines with ICU in certain situations.

Reactions: Art3mes and bilinos
How can I deal with Splitting Image? I know there's ways to counter her but it feels like I barely have any options
Primed is one of them. The key here is raw damage, so good offense painwheels as well (excluding ff since her atk is slightly lower than than buzz, neuro and flytrap)

Reactions: stale cheeto
So shadow ops isn't a reliable curse inflicter?. i found her to be so useful with the right move set and in the corner...

So shadow ops isn't a reliable curse inflicter?. i found her to be so useful with the right move set and in the corner...
Shadow Ops is fine in terms of utility, especially in the corner. What she is lacking to be efficient in the endgame is raw damage. She is natural Silver, so her stats are not that good in general, but in comparison to other Silver Parasouls she has the lowest damage numbers. And, unlike Sheltered, she has no access to Enrages. So you risk to lose by timeout against very tanky opponents, even if they do not gain protective buffs.

I have her at lvl 60 Diamond (because she was my first Shiny), and one of the top players told me that to make her work in Diamond Tier Rifts, I would definitely need to have a full set of lvl 12-15 Moves with very good rolls (Attack, 50% Piercing, Meter Gain, Crit Chance all the way). IMO, Purrfect Dark, also being a Silver, absolutely beats ShOps if you need a good Curse fighter, her damage is incredible for a natural Silver (she is very squishy though).

Reactions: Diony and Art3mes
Shadow Ops is fine in terms of utility, especially in the corner. What she is lacking to be efficient in the endgame is raw damage. She is natural Silver, so her stats are not that good in general, but in comparison to other Silver Parasouls she has the lowest damage numbers. And, unlike Sheltered, she has no access to Enrages. So you risk to lose by timeout against very tanky opponents, even if they do not gain protective buffs.

I have her at lvl 60 Diamond (because she was my first Shiny), and one of the top players told me that to make her work in Diamond Tier Rifts, I would definitely need to have a full set of lvl 12-15 Moves with very good rolls (Attack, 50% Piercing, Meter Gain, Crit Chance all the way). IMO, Purrfect Dark, also being a Silver, absolutely beats ShOps if you need a good Curse fighter, her damage is incredible for a natural Silver (she is very squishy though).

Won't argue about Purrfect D she's a lock down beast lol, i guess i still haven't used Ops in high tier ranked battles to find out that, thanks for the feedback my friend

Reactions: Disasterrr19
The perfect variant that counters Meow and Furever every time is Peacock's Mean One.

Hmm, I needed some tips regarding Model Leader and Neuromancer, they are annoying in prize fights especially Model due to blueshift making her insane to deal with.

Hmm, I needed some tips regarding Model Leader and Neuromancer, they are annoying in prize fights especially Model due to blueshift making her insane to deal with.
yea for real, they are sometimes hard to deal with.

but here are some things that i do to counter them:
For Model Leader,
use less hit but more damage variants. Like flytrap (special moves), that-green-robo-fortune (lasers), that-green-ms-fortune (with special moves)
or you can use bleeders like freaky firday, above method is more preferred tho.
or else, just do the that-Black-double doom cheese.

For neuromancer,
intercepting is the key. use characters who are good at intercepting like robo-fortune, eliza or ms fortune.
neuromancer is not much of a trouble for me now tho.

if she has marquee abilities unlocked, then i generally use cerebella, beowulf or any other buff-remover variants.
well thats all ig, feel free to ask anything

(i cant seem to recall names -__-)

Reactions: Nefelibata
Neither ML nor Neuro are hard to counter, at least for high-level players, but both can punish you for mistake, so they are not to be taken lightly.

To counter ML in PF, you can use anything with high combo potential. Filias' with ringlets, X-Bot (Precision), Neuro (BB3 spam), Stand Out (with high accuracy, she should eat some of her Auto Block), Star Shine (Precision), Rogue Agent (Precision), Annie (has great kit with high combo potential and can keep ML in the air). You want to avoid keeping her on the ground as much as possible as it can backfire when she autoblocks. Cheapest counter would be ringlets, imo. For rift with Frost Armor you can counter her with Bad Ms Frosty or any Filia with Leech, ringlets are easy bleed and keep her in the air. X-Bot can easily counter Frost Armor ML as well.

As for Neuro, that really depends. If she's tainted blood, you might want to use Beowulf with Wulf Shoot and Lupine Pummel to avoid doing any critical damage, and Beo can keep enemy stuck with Wulf Shoot spam. They don't have much HP, so it shouldn't take as long as ML to deal with. Grudge is usually simple to deal with as long as you have Piercing to deal with Armor and you can keep her in combo without letting her dominate you. Remember to invest in Piercing because you don't want to end up dealing 0 damage because you dont have any Piercing.
Be aware if Neuro has two Gae Bolga, if you end up being to far from her, she might fire both at you, ending up with full BB3. Even one can be fatal, if she already has some of her BB filled. You don't want to give her too much space, because she can work with very little and still come on top.
Rift Neuro is different breed, and might require specific critless builds such as Feathered Edges, Bloody Val Eliza, Weekend Warrior, etc...

It's hard to give you proper advice not being aware of your level and collection, but these should do.