• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other diamond keys shouldn't be so scarce

StarUrania

Reaction score
the whole concept of diamond keys is dumb and the way they get distributed is awful.

1. spending 1M coin for 1 diamond key is horrendous, especially since coins have so many other uses. it would make more sense I would get 2 or hell even 3 for 1M that would actually make buying them not so bad.

2. the AE drop for diamond keys is way too low I'm sorry but your gonna limit how we can get a certain premium currency you should make so that we at least have a fair chance of getting it. for me, it kinda feels like a huge waste of time to play AE 100% and not get at least 1 diamond key. the drop rate for diamond keys should definitely be higher especially if it's just one, or better yet have it as a guaranteed reward

3.the only manageable way of getting diamond keys is either getting rift diamond which is kinda hard considering to get at least diamond 4 it takes 1450 points and if you cant do that you have either get them at the rift store for about 1250 coins which to me is also bs since id rather spend my coins on essence and shards and or necessities like that.

you're basically kinda forced into playing rift battles if you really need diamond keys which is unfair since a lot of people don't like playing rifts.

a much better way of getting diamond keys is to have them as a reward in the gold pf for a really high score or there should just be a diamond pf.
key crafting or upgrading is something I've heard of that I think is a really good idea, but I would probably take a lot of gold keys to make a diamond one but ill still take it it's better over nothing

This comes up often. It is frustrating for sure, but not all that back breaking, IMHO.

You get 1 guaranteed 'Free' Diamond key a month (thanks Devs).
Even if you're not getting Diamond Rank in Rifts, you're getting Rift coins. Save and buy one, better than 1M CC that's for sure.
I'm thinking that special/holiday PFs might start offering Diamonds keys (Season's Beatings 2020) as event rewards a bit more often...maybe, previous year's rewards are not guaranteed to repeat.

Resource management is part of the game. If Diamond keys were more plentiful, I'm guessing the other resources (SP/CC) to finish skill trees would be the other complaint...

Diamond characters are special; unlocking their full potential should be a challenge. There's a sense of accomplishment when you finally get that marquee unlocked.

Reactions: Disasterrr19
I would have to disagree with most of these statements.

1) 1 M coins for one Dia key is indeed a very high price, but it is intended to be an emergency option, there are many other ways of getting them. This (and special offers in the Store) is also the way of getting Dia keys for real money if you're so eager to get them. HVS developers want to have some bread and butter too! Reducing it to 500 K per key would just make it the best way of getting them and make other ways inefficient.

2) AE only looks tough in the beginning, but can be completed in like 10 minutes by a player with at least 2-3 Diamond Fighters (including evolved Golds). To have a guaranteed Dia key for such an easy task would be too much, 10% is enough. IDK, maybe 20% would be OK. It is enough that on first completion we get 3 Essences. For me, XP and Coins rewards from AE are much more important.

3) While getting to Dia ranks in Rifts definitely helps with keeping up your Dia keys income, you do not have to. With current scores winning 5 Rift Battles required for a weekly reward takes approximately 1.5 hours and puts you into G1-G2 ranks, bringing more than 700 Rift coins every week. Two weeks - and you have your key. If you prefer to spend Rift coins on Elemental shards, than your choice is to evolve Golds to Diamonds, and those do not require Dia keys. Again, if you don't like Rifts - it's your choice, but I can't understand the desire of having a reward for a specific trial without going through a trial itself.

4) You also forgot about a free Dia key being given each month as a calendar reward. And there are Dia keys provided as rewards for completion of Master difficulty Story Mode and Origin(s).

5) Key upgrading system is a long time discussed thing, and I agree that we need something like that. But not for the sake of getting more Dia keys, just to have something to do with those hundreds of unused Bronze and Silver keys that every long-time player inevitably accumulates. Selling or upgrading them would be nice.

If you make Dia keys easily obtainable, they will become some common and boring item, taking another source of excitement from the game. SGM is about skill, luck and GRIND: if you invest your time and efforts, you can get about 11 Dia keys a month (8 keys from 2+ M coins a week, 1 key from calendar rewards, 2 keys from getting to G2 in Rifts on a weekly basis), 9 keys if you don't like Rifts.

Also keep in mind that Dia Fighters are not you main fighting force - Evolved Golds are. Natural Diamonds are here to provide some raw power boost for the beginners (even with no investments) and then to further strengthen the collection of endgame players, to give some long-term goals. If you want to have an army of 10 fully upgraded Natural Diamonds in a month or two indicating that you've accomplished a major task in the game, then I have bad news for you - it's not happening. Cherish your Elite Troopers, carefully pick them one by one and be ready to invest time, efforts and resources, so that one day you can look at your lvl 60 maxed Summer Salt or Love Crafted as a proud father or mentor.

I would have to disagree with most of these statements.
1.) this is mostly about the most convenient and readily available farmable way so I left daily/monthly rewards out. and I'm not saying they should be an easy thing to get since they are diamond keys I'm just saying they should be a little easier to get because if I have to go through a lot of work just to get a nat diamond and then can't use it efficiently because I don't have enough keys is honestly disheartening and takes the fun away from getting nat diamonds since now I have to grind for these stupid keys. and I still think if your gonna charge me 1M coins which I could spend on so many other things you might as well give me 2, getting a diamond fighters max skill tree is about 5M, and the max M ability is a lot too so to me, it just seems a little wacky that I have to go and spend more another 1M for the dang keys.

2.) but I do agree with the accused experiments thing now since I forgot that late-game players could easily cheese through it. and I get that rifts can be easily farmable if you have the power to do so but for some people, it might really be more of a grind for others especially with people nuking your base at the last minute. rift nodes have become very challenging especially with catalyst included which also cost a big chunk of rift coins, it's kinda catering towards more late-game players and that's why it isn't very fun for most people. and unfortunately, diamond keys are kinda rift gated so it hard for people who are just starting to get into investing in diamonds because now they have to worry about this rift bs

3.) Diamonds themselves are a hard grind and investment, especially since it takes a long time to get a nat one so the keys themselves should still be challenging to obtain but it shouldn't be to the point where you have to do the same amount of hardcore grinding it should be more of a nice challenging afterthought.

"so that one day you can look at your lvl 60 maxed Summer Salt or Love Crafted as a proud father or mentor." also Nah I'm only gonna do this with my fully maxed out diamond bassline big bands 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Disasterrr19
This comes up often. It is frustrating for sure, but not all that back breaking, IMHO.

You get 1 guaranteed 'Free' Diamond key a month (thanks Devs).
Even if you're not getting Diamond Rank in Rifts, you're getting Rift coins. Save and buy one, better than 1M CC that's for sure.
I'm thinking that special/holiday PFs might start offering Diamonds keys (Season's Beatings 2020) as event rewards a bit more often...maybe, previous year's rewards are not guaranteed to repeat.

Resource management is part of the game. If Diamond keys were more plentiful, I'm guessing the other resources (SP/CC) to finish skill trees would be the other complaint...

Diamond characters are special; unlocking their full potential should be a challenge. There's a sense of accomplishment when you finally get that marquee unlocked.
the same thing I said above, also " There's a sense of accomplishment when you finally get that marquee unlocked." Nah feeling is more of relief that you are now free from this diamond money-sucking nightmare