• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Please Read! I've got some suggestions and a possible request.

Filia or Fukua?

• Filia

• Fukua

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paper

Reaction score
Please give me a chance.
Guide to my post:
1. Hello
2. Fighting improvement recommendation
3. Multiplayer reccomendation
4. Other stuff?
5. Request
6. Goodbye

______________________[1]_______________________
This game has always had a special place in my heart since i first played it about a year and some ago; and the mobile adaptation has already taken my heart. One thing that sets this apart from similar apps like MKX and Injustice is that there is an actual complexity to the fights, though its not as intricate as the Pc/Console version, it has a good bit of fun to it.
______________________[1]_______________________

______________________[2]_______________________
So one idea ive had for a while is to add heavy, medium, and light attacks to the game, after many requests in the forums and many fans asking for the implimentation, I have an idea of how. The current average smart phone screen size is at an all time high this year of approx [5in/13cm]!!! And with that, it leaves room for inovation in the smartphone gaming industry. So few games take advantage of the left side of the screen, currently there are about 10 (give or take) basic combos per character. You could devide the left side of the screen into 3 equal portions, and if your left finger is sitting in the heavy category, you do a heavy attack, if its in the medium category you would do a medium attack and so on. It would take a while to program in and get done, but its worth at least looking into right?

Big band could use a possible nerf, right now, there are a few overpowered combos with his BB moves, its not super important, but may need to happen eventually.
______________________[2]_______________________

______________________[3]_______________________
Currently the android and apple app stores are suffering from a lack of cross platform multiplayer games. This is due in part because most apps require small amounts of skill, so competing is; boring.

This game on the other hand already has potential, with a smart combination of some skill and timing, you could easily compete with friends or randoms.

It wouldnt be cheap to get dedicated servers, but if enough people become active, it drags more and more players in, everybody wants to fight their friends in a new cool competitive game, thats what fighting games live off of, a multiplayer fuction would drag in many players and enough money to further promote and progress the game.

______________________[4]_______________________
Energy is a good way to keep a player from over playing a game, its a way to keep the game relivent and to convince the player to spend a small amount of money to keep up their nightly streak, but it can also poison a game. At first the cost of 2 energy per fight was a pretty good way of keeping me from over playing, but now im stuck because 3 energy gives me 15 min of gameplay at most, before im stuck waiting for more. I recommend a better balanceing of the energy, either give characters more, or scale the energy with your player level, something; or the game might become unplayable.

______________________[5]_______________________
Sqiggly is my favorite character; please add her soon, or at least give me an idea of when she will be making it into the game.
______________________[5]_______________________

______________________[6]_______________________
Well, I have got out all i wanted to say, I love the game and I apologize for any spelling/grammatical errors, I tried not to make too many mistakes. Once again, i appreciate the game and i want to see it grow, please message me if anybody wants clerification to my ideas they can email me (message me to get email). And thanks for your time :)
______________________[6]_______________________

Currently the android and apple app stores are suffering from a lack of cross platform multiplayer games. This is due in part because most apps require small amounts of skill, so competing is; boring.

This game on the other hand already has potential, with a smart combination of some skill and timing, you could easily compete with friends or randoms.

It wouldnt be cheap to get dedicated servers, but if enough people become active, it drags more and more players in, everybody wants to fight their friends in a new cool competitive game, thats what fighting games live off of, a multiplayer fuction would drag in many players and enough money to further promote and progress the game.

The main problem is that this game wouldn't likely be fun in multiplayer, as @Cellsai mentioned to me earlier. Everyone would just block and all the matches would time out. With most of the game coming down to "Whoever makes the first attack gets punished and loses", multiplayer probably wouldn't go anywhere.

Energy is a good way to keep a player from over playing a game, its a way to keep the game relivent and to convince the player to spend a small amount of money to keep up their nightly streak, but it can also poison a game. At first the cost of 2 energy per fight was a pretty good way of keeping me from over playing, but now im stuck because 3 energy gives me 15 min of gameplay at most, before im stuck waiting for more. I recommend a better balanceing of the energy, either give characters more, or scale the energy with your player level, something; or the game might become unplayable.
At higher levels, with a fair amount of golds and leveled silvers, the energy system becomes practically negligible. You can fairly easily keep up prizefight streaks, and most of the story missions are easily handled by a numerous amount of characters. Essentially, the more characters you get, the less of a problem this becomes.

Y
The main problem is that this game wouldn't likely be fun in multiplayer, as @Cellsai mentioned to me earlier. Everyone would just block and all the matches would time out. With most of the game coming down to "Whoever makes the first attack gets punished and loses", multiplayer probably wouldn't go anywhere.

At higher levels, with a fair amount of golds and leveled silvers, the energy system becomes practically negligible. You can fairly easily keep up prizefight streaks, and most of the story missions are easily handled by a numerous amount of characters. Essentially, the more characters you get, the less of a problem this becomes.

Yeah, i get the multiplayer thing, but i also feel like there is a lot of potential, the lack of multiplayer apps has the communtiy craving it, and i feel like this game has a strong amount of potential.

And for the energy, yeah, i get that it can just be iritating at such a low level

5. I believe they added beowulf 3 months after Eliza, and they are now adding Double 3.5 months later?

I think that gives you a rough idea of how long they take to add new characters :3 someone correct me if i am wrong.

Y

Yeah, i get the multiplayer thing, but i also feel like there is a lot of potential, the lack of multiplayer apps has the communtiy craving it, and i feel like this game has a strong amount of potential.

And for the energy, yeah, i get that it can just be iritating at such a low level
Once you play the game more at higher FS you'll understand how not-fun a multiplayer mode would be.

5. I believe they added beowulf 3 months after Eliza, and they are now adding Double 3.5 months later?

I think that gives you a rough idea of how long they take to add new characters :3 someone correct me if i am wrong.

I know, its just that squiggly is my fav :) <3. [:

Once you play the game more at higher FS you'll understand how not-fun a multiplayer mode would be.

Yeah i kinda get that, its also just anoyying swaping between characters so much so that i can continue playing, if feel like the energy system just needs one genuin little tweek. Im not sure what.

Yeah i kinda get that, its also just anoyying swaping between characters so much so that i can continue playing, if feel like the energy system just needs one genuin little tweek. Im not sure what.
It makes it so that you actually have a reason to not just use your 3 strongest characters. And it also makes them money off theo.

It makes it so that you actually have a reason to not just use your 3 strongest characters. And it also makes them money off theo.

Yeah i know that, i wrote that in the big long post, but it needs a little bit of something, something small to change.

the multi player is maybe possible, because the first ground combo can be interupted if you time it right. Theres some posts maybe about that and im also trying to do it in the fights with limited success.

the multi player is maybe possible, because the first ground combo can be interupted if you time it right. Theres some posts maybe about that and im also trying to do it in the fights with limited success.
But why would you even want to challenge them at the start? There's literally 0 reason to not sit there and block as long as possible. It'd be absolutely terrible, the game is only designed for AI enemies. Every game would time out.

A lot of good feedback here @Paper!
So one idea ive had for a while is to add heavy, medium, and light attacks to the game.
You could devide the left side of the screen into 3 equal portions, and if your left finger is sitting in the heavy category, you do a heavy attack, if its in the medium category you would do a medium attack and so on.
There's no plans for any drastic combat changes like this right now.
We're very fond of the simplicity that goes along with the current "Tap to Attack" design.
Some phone screens are very small, and dividing it into three sections for different types of attacks would overwhelm many players.

That's not to say we won't be looking at tweaking combat to add more attack options for players in the future!
I appreciate the feedback and suggestion.

A multiplayer fuction would drag in many players and enough money to further promote and progress the game.
Some form of multiplayer / PvP is on our list to experiment with further down the road.
Energy is a good way to keep a player from over playing a game, its a way to keep the game relivent and to convince the player to spend a small amount of money to keep up their nightly streak, but it can also poison a game.
now im stuck because 3 energy gives me 15 min of gameplay at most, before im stuck waiting for more.
Energy is actually not intended to serve as a monetization driver.
It's primary gameplay purpose is to encourage you to use your entire collection, and not just build one super team of 3 characters and use them for everything, ignoring the rest of the game.
There are two types of Energy bars that are used between different game modes, so after playing Daily Events you can move over to Prize Fights with the same team.

In the early game, I understand that Energy is a bit of a road block as your collection is small and growing.
Once you build a larger collection with many variants, Energy is a lot less of an issue and encourages you to play with multiple teams when you sit down and play for a longer period of time.

That being said, we're always looking at Energy and Theonite to make sure that economy surrounding it is in a healthy spot for our players.

Sqiggly is my favorite character; please add her soon, or at least give me an idea of when she will be making it into the game.
Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for Squigly yet, but rest assured, she will be arriving in one of our later updates just like Beowulf and Double.
Well, I have got out all i wanted to say, I love the game.
Thanks for your support and feedback! Fans like yourself keep us going <3

Reactions: ImaiKari
But why would you even want to challenge them at the start? There's literally 0 reason to not sit there and block as long as possible. It'd be absolutely terrible, the game is only designed for AI enemies. Every game would time out.

Perhaps there could be a way to have a timer for a long block? Sort of like in smash bros- you shield too long, you get stunned for a few seconds.

I actually believe the opposite, i believe that once you finish story mode, and you only have prize fights and daily events, the game is going to completly lose the driving factors that make it fun, once you reach that point, its just a collection game

A lot of good feedback here @Paper!

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for Squigly yet, but rest assured, she will be arriving in one of our later updates just like Beowulf and Double.

Thanks for your support and feedback! Fans like
yourself keep us going <3

Im glad my feedback helped weather it be minimal or extensive

I just see games that have similar gameplay lose traction because of the inevitable end result, when there is no longer an obvious goal to work twords.

So far I love the game and it makes up a large portion of my free time, I want to see it grow.

[And btw, Squigly is best girl]

I actually believe the opposite, i believe that once you finish story mode, and you only have prize fights and daily events, the game is going to completly lose the driving factors that make it fun, once you reach that point, its just a collection game
If what happens passed the story didn't drive you, I have no idea how the story drove you. It's just a collectothon either way-- that's how this game works. Personally I enjoy making stupid but fun combinations for PF, that's how I have fun. Once you get to high level play, by the time you beat story(which is why I said it), you'll have realized that this game in its current state cannot have an enjoyable multiplayer mode. The game is purely based on whoever makes the first mistake, so many would just block at the beginning of the game, both waiting for one to stop blocking. There's no reason to not just block forever, because you'll lose. It wouldn't be fun whatsoever.