• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Santz9

Reaction score
I'm going to try my best to be as reasonable and as civil as possible here. The topic I'm about to discuss makes me want to scream my head off when I'm going through it but I know doing that wont get me anywhere.

So, the Big Band Daily Event is... Annoying... Really annoying... The fight modifiers that are used throughout this entire event seem too overpowered when combined together. And I understand that is a part of Big Band's overall archetype (the big slow beefy guy), but there are times during these fighta when it reaches a point of where your victory or loss over a CPU only comes down to RNG. Now, personally, although I am not a fan of the unflinching at all, it does serve that bit of challenge Daily Events have. But the invincibility to bypass your counter blockbuster and grabs is a bit overkill if you ask me. And before somehow says it, yes, I am well aware there a nunber of characters and/or moves to counter all of these. But not all people have said counters and participating in these events would still prove to be a major challenge. But my main issue comes with the Big Band assigned random 1v2 fights for Treasure. Yes, treasure fights are supposed to be hard, but when you get matched up against a 7k Untouchable Peacock and a 6k Armed Forces Cerebella (some of the most annoying/hated characters in the game) along with the fight mods that are already on top of it, it's not fun at all. Especially since Big Band's attacks are multi-hit galore so they trigger said mods super early. Then next thing you know, you're sitting in the corner holding block against a barrage of pummels from Cerebella and when the unflinching finally wears off your counter is only greeted with the sound of "DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER!!!" Not to mention, with the very recent addition of Ms. Fortune, her insane block strings and corner pressure on par with that of DBFZ Gohan, make me want to skip any future Big Band Tuesdays.

So it sounds like you are going for the Master difficulty, and given your join date on the forums, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have that many super powerful characters yet.
Master difficulty is supposed to be hard. It's not meant to be a cakewalk like Expert. Even when you get a nice 10k fighter score character, you can still run into trouble with this Daily Event if you don't play smart (i.e. be patient, let buffs run out, attack with big hits instead of high combos, etc). It sounds like you just need to get some stronger characters to more easily tackle this difficulty, and that's really the point of the game: it's a grindfest. Focus on leveling and filling out your roster, so that you can come back to Master difficulty and not have it be as stressful.
Honestly, I prefer this version to the previous version where enemy attacks had a 50% chance to stun you (and Unflinching/Invincibility could pop on the same hit as Armor). That was ridiculous. But the way the event works now, you just need patience, really; and a character strong enough to dish out hard hits to make up for the time spent being patient. Whenever I do this Event, I always stop attacking when the enemy gets Armor, because I don't want them to get Unflinching and eventually Invincible. So I bide my time alot. For the treasure nodes, I use my Private Dick who is around 6,000 FS. I get through those fights almost exclusively with dash attacks, as that attack is a only a 2-hit combo for decent damage, so the chance of triggering Armor is small. I've never gotten unlucky enough for a treasure node to throw Armed Forces and Untouchable at me; that sounds like a pretty rare circumstance. If that happens and you aren't prepared to handle it, I'd say just quit, waste the 3 energy, and restart the fight for different enemies.