• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Big Band's beatdown is broken?

BrolaireOfAsstora

Reaction score
They screwed up this week by making the modifier combomancer. For those who don't know, it says that you get a 5% damage bonus with each combo hit. What I'd like to know is if Epic Sax big band's skill gets a boost from this as well. If so, is he now the objective best for this event?

Well, if you'd prefer to have the Painwheel No Pain No Gain gold prize fight modifier back...

Anyways, to answer the question, yes, Epic Sax does get this boost as well. As for if he's objectively the best for the prize fight, that might be the case, but it all depends on how strong, stat-wise, your Epic Sax is compared to the rest of your fighters.

I think Combomancer caps at a +50% boost, though I'm not 100% since I haven't tested it fully. It does cap though, despite the tooltip not saying so.

Well, if you'd prefer to have the Painwheel No Pain No Gain gold prize fight modifier back...

Anyways, to answer the question, yes, Epic Sax does get this boost as well. As for if he's objectively the best for the prize fight, that might be the case, but it all depends on how strong, stat-wise, your Epic Sax is compared to the rest of your fighters.
I don't have one currently, though Im definitely pining for one.
What was the no pain no gain one? That was before I played gold prize fights.

I think Combomancer caps at a +50% boost, though I'm not 100% since I haven't tested it fully. It does cap though, despite the tooltip not saying so.
Still, a 150% damage boost is pretty significant. He just LIQUIFIES squishy fighters with that.

This kind of thing is honestly fine. Parasite Weave Filia was also really good during the Eliza event (I think it was that, didn't play it much) because the modifier was 100% extra damage on opponents who have a negative modifier. Guess who has a chance to randomly stun with every single hit, including multi-hit moves? I think a couple versions of Painwheel also have a chance to randomly inflict Bleed, so she was also amazing for such an event.

Reactions: JarlBeimar
This kind of thing is honestly fine. Parasite Weave Filia was also really good during the Eliza event (I think it was that, didn't play it much) because the modifier was 100% extra damage on opponents who have a negative modifier. Guess who has a chance to randomly stun with every single hit, including multi-hit moves? I think a couple versions of Painwheel also have a chance to randomly inflict Bleed, so she was also amazing for such an event.
So what you're saying is that every event has an allstar that is broken for the event?

So what you're saying is that every event has an allstar that is broken for the event?
Probably not EVERY event but someone being really good for a particular event isn't really a problem. They're still constrained by energy all the same.

Fair enough, but with most veterans saying to spend theonite on gold, not on relics, it stands to reason that using one heavy hitter and refilling them with the measly 5 gems that you sometimes make back double, triple, or even quadruple from milestones looks like a fair strategy to me. I've nearly gotten all the milestones already, and I only have 4 golds.

Fair enough, but with most veterans saying to spend theonite on gold, not on relics, it stands to reason that using one heavy hitter and refilling them with the measly 5 gems that you sometimes make back double, triple, or even quadruple from milestones looks like a fair strategy to me. I've nearly gotten all the milestones already, and I only have 4 golds.
Maybe that is the late-game plan, but that's alright.
Also it's not super hard to get all of the milestones even in gold without a bunch of golds. I got the golden Valentine from her past Prize Fight with only three golds and a mess of Silvers.

Maybe that is the late-game plan, but that's alright.
Also it's not super hard to get all of the milestones even in gold without a bunch of golds. I got the golden Valentine from her past Prize Fight with only three golds and a mess of Silvers.
Same here. It's still kinda slow for me, so Im excited to be getting higher scores this time. Big band is my favorite character, so Im hoping to get epic sax from it.

Not sure I understand the complaint here. It's a Big Band event that heavily favours Big Bands. Of course Epic Sax is going to do well but even without the modifier, he's ridiculously strong anyways. I'd say to not push your luck and be happy with this, or we get something stupid like the Painwheel PF.

Not sure I understand the complaint here. It's a Big Band event that heavily favours Big Bands. Of course Epic Sax is going to do well but even without the modifier, he's ridiculously strong anyways. I'd say to not push your luck and be happy with this, or we get something stupid like the Painwheel PF.
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE PW GOLD PF MECHANIC WAS, PLEASE?!
It just seems almost unfair how broken he is. My best friend has ES, and is already in the 6 mills. Then again, he has had better luck and buys theonite, so...

It just seems almost unfair how broken he is. My best friend has ES, and is already in the 6 mills. Then again, he has had better luck and buys theonite, so...
I didn't play it but it was essentially "You get more Blockbuster meter for getting hit/blocking" which basically meant you ran into a lot more unblockables that just ended your streak with nothing you could've possibly done different.

Oh yeah, I guess I should've explained what the Painwheel PF was. Basically you get heaps of meter for all your blockbusters whenever you are hit or when you block. A single combo on the enemy would fully charge their unblockable, making the Prize Fight pretty horrible for weaker players. The general tactic is to keep blocking until you've fully charged your own blockbusters but that can only go so far until you've increased your Attack stat.

As for Epic Sax being strong, he probably is one of the strongest characters offensively, being a bit behind Primed Parasoul. However, multi-hits are already countered by the likes of Armed Forces Cerebella and Resonant Evil Big Band, since they get armour and other bonuses when hit. Besides, this is a non-player vs player game so this isn't what's important. You just need to increase your FS to get a better score and play more flawlessly against the AI in order to get a higher streak.

IMO Epic Sax is stronger than Primed Parasoul offensively due to having a ton of offensive utility beyond enrage.

IMO Epic Sax is stronger than Primed Parasoul offensively due to having a ton of offensive utility beyond enrage.

I give more points to Primed Parasoul because of her bleeds and Parasouls just having inherently good attack stats and combos. Napalm Shower into Silent Scope/Motor Brigade is also deliciously powerful.

Right. His combos can't really be stopped, and with two supports backing him up he's nigh unstoppable from what I've seen. Ran into a guy using a sheltered parasoul and a Valentine, which one it was I forget. Think it was a last hope. Not only did his BB have a boosted critical rate, but as soon as I got him low he got the heavy Regen. Tore my team apart.
I give more points to Primed Parasoul because of her bleeds and Parasouls just having inherently good attack stats and combos. Napalm Shower into Silent Scope/Motor Brigade is also deliciously powerful.
Yet there are more ways to counter her. Ironically, Parasoul may be her biggest counter. No Egrets can keep her in check if you land enough crits, and Ivy league can control what she does by detonating her tears. Silent kill Val can sorta counter her if foggy memory triggers. Also, the tried and true strategy of "spam block until they stop attacking" works pretty well against primes.

Jeez, that one sounds pretty cancerous, holy ****. Glad I missed out, if for no other reason than I hate painwheels.

Am I the only one who's started to think of her blades as an oversized fidget spinner?

Right. His combos can't really be stopped, and with two supports backing him up he's nigh unstoppable from what I've seen. Ran into a guy using a sheltered parasoul and a Valentine, which one it was I forget. Think it was a last hope. Not only did his BB have a boosted critical rate, but as soon as I got him low he got the heavy Regen. Tore my team apart.

Yet there are more ways to counter her. Ironically, Parasoul may be her biggest counter. No Egrets can keep her in check if you land enough crits, and Ivy league can control what she does by detonating her tears. Silent kill Val can sorta counter her if foggy memory triggers. Also, the tried and true strategy of "spam block until they stop attacking" works pretty well against primes.

Jeez, that one sounds pretty cancerous, holy ****. Glad I missed out, if for no other reason than I hate painwheels.

Am I the only one who's started to think of her blades as an oversized fidget spinner?

Ah yeah, Big Band would definitely be much harder to face compared to Parasoul since he is quite tanky, he'll manage to charge up an unblockable that's further boosted by his passive. This game just heavily favours offense unless you're using Armed Forces/Resonant Evil against a multi-hitter.

Well Painwheel's spine attachment is meant to be a pinwheel which is basically a wind powered fidget spinner so I guess so?

Ah yeah, Big Band would definitely be much harder to face compared to Parasoul since he is quite tanky, he'll manage to charge up an unblockable that's further boosted by his passive. This game just heavily favours offense unless you're using Armed Forces/Resonant Evil against a multi-hitter.

Well Painwheel's spine attachment is meant to be a pinwheel which is basically a wind powered fidget spinner so I guess so?
Idk. Just a silly little observation of mine. At least now I can call buer overdrive autism overdrive, unless that's offensive to you guys.
But I'm not sure about the offensive characters meta you're suggesting. If anything, the game favors combos. Look at Sekhmet. She's nearly useless because EVERYONE just blocks her attacks, making diva intervention nearly useless unless you can chain into her. Armed forces and res evil are two characters that circumvent this. We need other characters that can easily access something like unflinching or armor. Untouchable sorta had the right idea, but stopped just short of actually getting there. I feel like having a skin that worked like the opposite of epic sax (where it would REDUCE damage per hit taken up to 50%) would fit in better. Thoughts?