• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Blue Screen discussion

Reshiram18

Reaction score
Today the SGM Twitter revealed the second gold Robo Fortune variant: Blue Screen. Blue Screen was given the R-DASH 5000 palette and has an SA called Fatal System Error. Fatal System Error gives you armor stacks that have unlimited duration, but can be removed. When Blue Screen has five of these armor stacks, they can be removed with a throw. When she has fewer than five armor stacks though a throw will give her one stack of armor. Then upon death Blue Screen will blow herself up, which can deal massive damage to her opponent. The video also revealed the Danger special move. What do you all think of this variant?
Link to tweet:
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1113606692279685120

This one confuses me. I don’t want to say I don’t like her yet but... huh. Hopefully armor can be gained in another way than being thrown, if not, she’s way too easy to counter- only Cerebella and Beo would have any trouble with her... and we already have characters who harm the enemy on death. Hopefully the full SA is better than what I’m getting in this video.

This one confuses me. I don’t want to say I don’t like her yet but... huh. Hopefully armor can be gained in another way than being thrown, if not, she’s way too easy to counter- only Cerebella and Beo would have any trouble with her... and we already have characters who harm the enemy on death. Hopefully the full SA is better than what I’m getting in this video.
Honestly the main question that I have about Blue Screen's SA is whether or not Blue Screen starts the match/tags in with her armor. If she does she will be a pain for anything that is not either UV, Summer Salt, or any other miscellaneous armor break or buff removal option. If she doesn't start with the armor then she will be a garbage defender.

Reactions: Veeko
looks like she gains perm armor stack when grabbed and starts off the match with 5 stacks of perm armor. i’m mostly confused about how she loses those 5 stacks of armor at the beginning. possibly when the opponent uses a special move? also seems like if this variant is killed with armor she’ll self destruct. interesting! even if a bit complicated looking...

looks like she gains perm armor stack when grabbed and starts off the match with 5 stacks of perm armor. i’m mostly confused about how she loses those 5 stacks of armor at the beginning. possibly when the opponent uses a special move? also seems like if this variant is killed with armor she’ll self destruct. interesting! even if a bit complicated looking...
It is entirely possible that Blue Screen does not actually start the match with the five stacks or armor because there was no visible SA text at the very start of the video and the Harlequin was already damaged at the start of the video. Also it is throws and not particularly special moves that interact with the armor because of the fact that Excellebella, which is a blockbuster throw, added one stack of armor.

I really hope she's good cause its my fav palette but the teaser is making me think not.

IMG_0361.jpg I went digging around Discord for some more information about Blue Screen and managed to snag this tidbit about the armor removal condition. What do you all think of this? How does it change your opinion on Blue Screen?

Wait, the two stacks of armor towards the end of the the showcase was removed the moment R. Fortune hit the ground after Excellebella. The 5-stack was removed when she was thrown on the ground at the end of Merry-Go-Rilla. Maybe the armor is removed when she hits the floor after going airborne or is knocked down after a combo. I dunno, just a theory. :confused:

View attachment 4186 I went digging around Discord for some more information about Blue Screen and managed to snag this tidbit about the armor removal condition. What do you all think of this? How does it change your opinion on Blue Screen?
Well...it’s because of Bill Gates and numerology ofc, he really don’t like number 9...that’s why 9th windows didn’t happened.
Stacks removed on 8th combo hit, it’s my fave robomf xD

Last edited:
It seems that the she gains armour when a debuff is inflicted removes armour after a special move or blockbuster ends and she explodes when she does not have armour which is actually pretty evil or has a debuff inflicted which is not bad as bad as i assumed.(But we can only find out when she's released)

From what I get, she gets armor every certain amount of seconds, sorta like the water pf, but not as fast. Then hitting the floor (?) removes all armor stacks. The theory of gainig armor via debuffs sorta like Underdog Beo is wrong, given that she gains an armor stack before getting a bleed. Also, I assume that all armor stacks may be removed when hitting 1% HP but I'm probably wrong. As for the explosion, I guess it activates if she has debuffs, or specifiaclly Stun.

View attachment 4186 I went digging around Discord for some more information about Blue Screen and managed to snag this tidbit about the armor removal condition. What do you all think of this? How does it change your opinion on Blue Screen?

huh, strange. maybe removed by special moves then? frankly im still on the fence just like every teased Robo variant as we don’t know her full SA yet

I think it might be making robo fortune to knockdown and touch the ground to remove the armor. I guess they made her that way to make her sort of like an anti combo defender like brain freeze. though Squigly don't give a damn thanks to drag n drop.

Reactions: VictuTheNewb
Is it just me or does 'Blue Screen' sound similar to 'Star Scream' from Transformers. Also, I love the 'Robo-Dash' pallet that they picked from the Pony Mov. CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, SWAG:cool:

Reactions: Irghen
On the fence, because I don't dislike the pallette, but the reference isn't video games, and I was hoping for KOS-MOS pallette, which would likely have been water. Also, the SA seems to be a more defensive Immoral Fiber's reap and sow? I'll have to see the full details.

She seems to have X % chance to gain armor when hit and (maybe) it can only be removed by specials and/or BBs. She seems to deal death damage when suffering a fatal hit, so she's a better Immoral. That'll be fun

Another update, at level 50 with skill tree completed (no marquee unlocked) her attack is 3532, hp 35381, fs 9637.
A quick combo that works fine with this variant: really talks! (for the barrier), combo, circuit breaker, another combo, launcher, fidget spin, magnetic trap.

I feel like this variant’s SA1 and SA2 don’t mesh well together. The bonus detonation damage is dependent on armor, but the more defense you have, the less Armor it takes to completely nullify damage. So that means, to maximize full effect of the SA2, you’d want no defense. But that makes for a pretty ineffective defender overall.

It just seems that SA2 is difficult to make very useful if you outfit this fighter like other defenders, tying to cap the Defense stat at 50%, because that means you could only be killed while having 1 stack of Armor, which is only 25% extra damage on detonation. With minimal Defense stat, you could take damage while having 3 stacks of armor, which upon detonation would mean 75% extra damage.

Update: I understand that there are other ways to kill a fighter beyond a standard Hit. It just seems to me that being able to die from a hit is the most likely way that Blue Screen will be close enough to an opponent for the detonation to deal damage. And the best way to do that is to make it so that Blue Screen can still take damage, even while having stacks of armor, which is counterproductive to the purpose of armor. I think this could be helped a bit if stacks of Armor applied 20% damage reduction instead of 25%, especially since they stack up to 5. Having more than 100% damage reduction is totally useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: educavalcantee