• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Blue Screen discussion

Does anyone know whether or not you lose a battle against a blue screen of the fight timer reaches zero while she’s mid-detonation?

Does anyone know whether or not you lose a battle against a blue screen of the fight timer reaches zero while she’s mid-detonation?
For hopefully easier testing, it should follow the same rules as Systemic Circuit Breaker, since they share the same state.

So, mine is almost at lvl 50; you guys think she's worth turning into diamond for Rift defense?

So, mine is almost at lvl 50; you guys think she's worth turning into diamond for Rift defense?

I think I've only encountered her once in Rifts, which is probably a strike against her, but the one time I did she was really annoying. She was on the 1v1 node where debuffing your opponent also randomly debuffs you, and had the Frost Armor catalyst. Between that and her own armor stacks, it was far more than a non-buff remover or curse applier could deal with. But that's not a particularly high bar I suppose.

I'm planning to diamond her myself, but I also like her as an offensive fighter. I find it pleasant to take zero damage when I inevitably mess up, which is not something that even a lot of other defensive variants can guarantee.

Faced some of them in a team of three Water fighters (usually with Brain Freeze and Dead of Winter/Silent Kill) on Inertia node, and she can be really annoying if you already used your PurrD, SK or Doublicios somewhere else. Paired with Frost Armor and Autoimmune, she can easily take up to two minutes of your time. Autoimmune renders Armor Break skills pretty useless, while using bruiser fighters like Bella to prevent Frost Armor from activating too often is countered by the fact that Blue Screen gets armor on her own.

Nothing impossible or unbeatable but could be pretty irritating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irghen and fanghoul
How about Marquees? I've fought several with DDOS and it gets annoying fast as you need to get close to knock her down and get rid of the armor.

How about Marquees? I've fought several with DDOS and it gets annoying fast as you need to get close to knock her down and get rid of the armor.

I would definitely recommend DDOS in any defensive Robo. Chipping away health points to use BB is really good in Rifts.

What do you want to know about Marquee options?

DDOS is sort of the gold standard for defense. It generally makes life harder for anyone attacking her with a few exceptions for variants who love being debuffed (Scarlet Viper, etc.) and it stacks nicely to make it even more powerful over time, and even if she tags out or is defeated it's a lingering problem. It's a pretty good Marquee on defense!

DDOS isn't terrible for offense either in some ways. If you're not using Circuit Breaker, then the fact that you're often immune to damage can make it easier to eat a blockbuster here and there in exchange for 20-25% of their health. That's nothing to sneeze at!

In practice though, I can't really recommend this strategy on offense too much. I use my Blue Screen on offense more than most I think, and I've gone this route and it's worked at times and it's invaluable in rifts when it does work for the damage it saves you and quick win, but I've also lost some high streak matches in Prize Fights when I realized that long combos wouldn't cut it damage wise and that the AI wasn't going to do me any favors either and start using blockbusters at convenient times.

Obviously to get much use out of this though you have to work a more melee focused move load-out for Robo-Fotune, rather than sniping at people from across the screen.

In either case it's a Marquee that really benefits from being maxed out or at least heavily invested in. A single stack of Power Surge is annoying, 3-5 stacks is where you start potentially killing unwary characters.

PING CHECK is... a little weird. I've tried it out on a different character and it does not show up quite when you think it would, or at least when I did. They need to be a little further away a little longer than expected. It's a nice little buff to damage once it cuts in though, and it can stack! Like DDOS, it's another one where investing in enough levels of it to get a significant buff duration for each 2 seconds "far away" will make a significant change in the overall power of this Marquee. And your moves would be to opposite of DDOS, focusing on distant sniping, to help it activate.

I don't see any particular reason to go this way on Blue Screen. As a defensive character, there's no reason for people to leave her alone and all the reason to go after her right away, so this probably won't activate much at all, and stacks of enrage aren't much of a desired effect anyway.

On offense, I don't know if this would work. You couldn't really build a long combo character that makes use of this Marquee well, because you have to close for most of those long combos. There's some merits to the idea of a sniping Blue Screen, in that she's basically a bunker, and any mistakes you make cost you less than average. Just sit back and build up stacks of armor and enrage! It seems like most people would want to stick with more of a glass cannon approach to that kind of build though, where your SA lets you do things like pierce blocking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations and thanks for the write up @fanghoul

I finally got my Blue Screen fully upgraded and ready to rift! I agree that Ping Check maybe being useful as a niche attack experiment but she's too good of a defender not to go all out into making her a complete wall for Rifts, not to mention there are way better offensive RF variants.

As of now I dropped her in the Immunity Node to help her avoid bleeds and hexes with an Electrostatic Field for added Power Surge charges. Now I just have to wait for some gold fodder to evolve her into diamond.

BlueScreen.png

There's practically no way to defeat Blue Screen with a BB in rift on the concrete resolve node, right?

There's practically no way to defeat Blue Screen with a BB in rift on the concrete resolve node, right?
It's actually possible, the trick is to execute any BB left before the explosion finishes, and you'll get the BB bonus. Most common choice to fight her and use BBs safely is SK, so that she gets rid of the power surge and then be able to use a BB without losing much health

It's actually possible, the trick is to execute any BB left before the explosion finishes, and you'll get the BB bonus. Most common choice to fight her and use BBs safely is SK, so that she gets rid of the power surge and then be able to use a BB without losing much health

Aah. Thanks Kevin! I usually use SK or Doublicious when dealing with her on that node, but never tried using another BB before the explosion animation finishes. Will try that one of these days.

In the right hand corner of the info screen while watching a live channel there are three blue bars. Sometimes they are all blue and sometimes they arent or just one bar is blue, etc.

What do these mean?