• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Community Time Capsule!

Psyche

Reaction score
Hi! This is a little idea I’m basically stealing from the forum of a different mobile game I was once very active on, and it proved quite fun and interesting there so I thought, ‘why not try it here too?’ so let’s give it a go!

If you don’t know what a real time capsule is, it’s basically a strong container with a bunch of items inside it that you then bury in your garden or somewhere like that so that in many, many years’ time archaeologists of the future will dig it up again for research and find out what life was like in this age.

A forum time capsule is sort of similar. We post all of the popular trends, memes and references that we know now and use often, then we let this thread sink so that we forget about it, then after a certain amount of time, like a year or so, somebody posts here again to bump it up to the top and look back on what has changed over time and what has remained the same.

So, please post anything you think is worth remembering in this thread, even references to stuff that may have happened back in May on the first launch or from the closed beta before that. I think a week will be long enough to fill it up, then we leave it alone.

I’ll start with ‘the great SGM server crash & wipe of January 2018’, when chaos and cataclysm reigned supreme until HVS managed to restore law and order to the land with a manual data recovery.

Lets see how many memes I can find

0ajtSYm.png

Of course, the great loss of 2018

F4dFR6L.jpg

You've heard of elf on the shelf
Now get ready for Moisteriffic in Pacific

fgcewXb.png

My OC character card

upload_2018-2-17_0-8-20.png
upload_2018-2-17_0-9-29.png

Some classic Zug posts

And that one Peacock RP thread that used to be a thing on the forums
Scary stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can consider this a part of the topic, but I will try anyway.

When you reach the top and see the classic and nice (yeah.....sure) "Cerebella Team", on any class.
Bronze
bronze.jpg

Silver (On the older versions, there used to be one or two Gray Matter Cerebella on this kind of team too)
silver.jpg

Gold: I don't have any screenshot because I've never reached the top on gold prize fights but I'm sure there will be a team of 3 Harlequin Cerebella or 2 Harlequin and 1 Armed Forces, and vice versa.

I think we should also note the state of the forum as it is now. Currently, Ms. Fortune has stolen the SG logo from the website and we have not recovered it yet. :(
We have a number of moderators. I only know of @Cellsai, @ImaiKari, @Magma442 and @cybik.
I believe there are currently ten members working at Hidden Variable Studios (correct me if I'm wrong) and I bet they will expand into a real Valve-, Ubisoft- and Supercell-crushing titan of the industry before we even know it.

Oh that reminds me that there's the meme that the number of people working at HVS is the hidden variable itself. Guess I ruined it. :confused:

Last edited:
Lots of stuff has changed. I remember back when LINE still owned the game and the characters didn't have any special effects when defeated with a BB. I also remember back when the only golds you'd see on the top would be ES, Wulfsbane, HQ and some AFs. Or back even when Double was first added to the game. Now, we have Squigly, Ms.Fortune, and lots of variety in pfs. We even get special effects when someone dies from a BB. The big thing I remember was the "great SGM server crash and wipe of January 2018". That was a nightmare for me because one of the best fighters I had at that point was Doublicious which I maxed literally the day before. I also maxed RE the day before. I lost their upgrades because of the server crash and had to get them all over again. It sucked, but I got over it.

I think we should do a status report on the game. I feel one of the most important things worth mentioning is Rift Battles, the closest thing we have to PvP right now. A bit like Prize Fights, but with much more focus on a single opponent. Plus, this earns Rift Coins…

Reactions: Erick Draves
I will speak for Parasoul Sheltered. I knew there where all better PS, but I loved the palette so Shelty was my favorite. I was like level 30 but an update made my game go so slow that I though it was it, that it got an upgrade and I wouldn't be able to play it ever again. No Squiglys, no ms fortunes... No diamonds. I didn't even knew how to farm skill points so the game looked like you had to buy theonite in large to upgrade your gold abilities (I couldn't do much in PF so I got small rewards, as the same in Medicci events).
There where NO CHAT, no rift battles (implemented in nov-dic 2018), no cabinet of curiousities, no stash valve, no shards of relics or elements and the hiden variable and autum games logo were still present at the begining of the game.

So I don't remember why, but I CAME BACK! wanted to give it another chance (The game was so good) and BAAAAM!! It was october 2018, and many changes came.

I felt like a new character was taking place instead of Shelty, she was WAY stronger than I remembered her, so I made some research, and found the SMG forums, where I found out what in fact, she got a huge buff, the tier lists, farming skill points tips, combo videos, etc!!

Got my second gold, Squigly, and then my third, and my fourth... And now I'm level 54, finished accursed experiments for the first time, But still no diamonds!! I can get to 10% in most PF, but elemental events are still far away from my capacities...

Rift battles helps a lot with coins for skill points and upgrade all my chars. The game is awesome. And I'm shure it will be more and more great every day!!

Edit:OMG... FEBRUARY 12, 2045, DATA LOSS EVERYWHERE... IS A FUTURE WITHOUT HOPE... EVEN THE LEVELS 70 COULDN'T MAKE IT... I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME THEONITE WILL LAST... REAPERS ARE STEALING IT TO GET EVEN A BRONZY CHAR... ANYTHING THEY COULD USE TO FIGHT... DEAR LORD... IT IS OVER...

Edit 2: Hello every one! @Cellsai made a time machine with Photoshop cuantic AI, and now everythingnis cool because our beloved king and ruler... Grettings and see you around next year!!

Reactions: Yomady and Psyche