• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Equippable items?

Wulfden

Reaction score
Hello there everyone! Happy Rumble Pack to those in Prize Fights and hope you all have been enjoying the winter!

That said, I wanted to perhaps suggest if we could get relics or items that let you equip them onto characters similar to moves, but grant basic extra abilities you'd see on other units or completely unique ones!

For example, say, Beowulf's Champion Belt: It grants whoever equips it the UnderDog SA ability On The Ropes! Or if it's more convenient, simply tack on an additional bonus stat (5% defense + 10% block proficiency for another example)

I think it'd be cool to have some sort of equipment system so as to make a more open meta and introduce a new way to help patch up struggling fighters and or add on a more interesting way to fight.

Your old bronze Bad Hair Day Filia could be somewhat useful for the bleeds, but imagine patching her SA towards Eliza who needs bleeds? Or, say you need bonus exp for fighting and training up units? Well with a "Lucky George" you could receive a bonus 10% exp after a fight!

I suppose just like in other games, you'd need materials to craft the items and I theorize using both theonite and character sigils (symbols) to make them, and they receive EXP just like fighters in a match (so if you fight with a maxed out fighter, it'll still show them receiving exp, just towards the item) or through fusing them and can be evolved using other items at their own rarity or so on!

While we're waiting on other characters and potentially new features, I thought equipment and items could be one of the coolest things to tack on the RPG / Strategy side we have aside from stats!

Reactions: Psyche and ImaiKari
The main problem here comes with the fact that a lot of SAs in this game could really bust it when combined. Underdog has an effective max defense of 75% (90% with the defense bug), and combining that with another half of an SA or full SA that adds armor or other forms of defense could make him literally unkillable during something like a medici prizefight. Can you imagine a Parasite Weave with Cold Stone's +50% damage to stunned opponents? Or even with bad hair day's free addition to crit on bleeding enemies? There would be a lot of ways to break this game if you could have an SA3, so stat boost would probably have to be the way to go for any equip-able items.

That said, I would rather see items with their own unique abilities. Imagine something of a gold rarity item that would make it so beowulf begins a match with 1 Hype token already? Or +10% dmg in hype mode? Small perks like this for a single equip-able item would make for very entertaining builds if handled correctly, I think. Great idea!

Hm... Fair point in regard! I suppose I was looking more towards how you could keep those "better" abilities to more rarer items and such and just stick to a basic say... few bronze SA abilities and then we ride on that for the time until newer abilities are formed, however, now that I look back on it... Yeah, that'd probably destroy the meta as it is now! Even so, I definitely think stat boost are most likely the way to go (I mean god, even if it was a gold item that'd take forever, imagine having Big Top's SA, I'd shiver.)

Perhaps the meta really is something that needs work, but... Probably not something so much that it could cause mass chaos even with crafting times and materials...!

However, I think recycling the idea of granting abilities would be a much better alternative! Such as like you said, starting a match with one hype token or 10% more damage in hype mode! I'm more inclined to agree with that than slapping on a fighter's SA and hoping that works when you could quite literally like you said, lay waste to the battlefield (Goodbye Aeon...). But, thank you for your input! Singular small perks like this are so much more easier to work with aside from stat bonuses you can apply!

Reactions: ImaiKari
Hm... Fair point in regard! I suppose I was looking more towards how you could keep those "better" abilities to more rarer items and such and just stick to a basic say... few bronze SA abilities and then we ride on that for the time until newer abilities are formed, however, now that I look back on it... Yeah, that'd probably destroy the meta as it is now! Even so, I definitely think stat boost are most likely the way to go (I mean god, even if it was a gold item that'd take forever, imagine having Big Top's SA, I'd shiver.)

Perhaps the meta really is something that needs work, but... Probably not something so much that it could cause mass chaos even with crafting times and materials...!

However, I think recycling the idea of granting abilities would be a much better alternative! Such as like you said, starting a match with one hype token or 10% more damage in hype mode! I'm more inclined to agree with that than slapping on a fighter's SA and hoping that works when you could quite literally like you said, lay waste to the battlefield (Goodbye Aeon...). But, thank you for your input! Singular small perks like this are so much more easier to work with aside from stat bonuses you can apply!
I'm sure that if small perks similar to one hype token or small hype damage go smoothly then they would take into consideration slightly more powerful or buffed items, too! I just think they should be custom-made as perks and then it could go very well. Those small bonuses can go a long way after all. I do like the idea of equip-ables, though! I hope this is taken into consideration for possible future updates.

Reactions: Wulfden
I'm sure that if small perks similar to one hype token or small hype damage go smoothly then they would take into consideration slightly more powerful or buffed items, too! I just think they should be custom-made as perks and then it could go very well. Those small bonuses can go a long way after all. I do like the idea of equip-ables, though! I hope this is taken into consideration for possible future updates.
I totally get what you mean! I'd rather stick with that critique myself, actually! It'd be interesting as a change up both in meta and off too! That said, I suppose I got a bit too interested with the way Seals work in Fire Emblem heroes, where they are equippables in which you can get new effects in fights with units. Still, the idea's up there for further critique and adjustment, so here's hoping it might actually be used in consideration!
Understandable, like @ImaiKari noted, having pure SA abilities would pretty much wreck the meta and cause so much discourse that the game would literally be so unbalanced. However, having small perks or simply like stat bonuses you can upgrade in addition to your stat upgrades on moves could be plausible!

Reactions: ImaiKari
If you're not going to contribute meaningful discussion, don't bother posting please.

Equippable items could be neat!
I do agree that being able to combine existing SAs would be broken as heck, but if Equipments had their own pool of abilities, and they were character specific then it would mitigate how broken they could be.
For example, Armor Piercing equipment could give bonus damage to projectiles, but is only equipable by Peacock. Another could give an X%chance to inflict bleed on every hit. I dunno specifics, but hopefully youget the idea.

whatever excessive equip item that can make a bad fighter good will make a good fighter even stronger than necessary

and I’m not a supporter of adding unnecessary complexity to what is already a complicated system. A system that needs streamlining more than anything else

Reactions: Viranova and tom641
This post does unfortunately violate the forum rules, and a warning point has been issued.

Please review the forum rules before posting.
No trolling
- To intentionally disrupt, deviate, or derail a thread away from the original topic or into a non-topic.

whatever excessive equip item that can make a bad fighter good will make a good fighter even stronger than necessary

and I’m not a supporter of adding unnecessary complexity to what is already a complicated system. A system that needs streamlining more than anything else
This second post is much better! Thank you.

Reactions: moisterrific
Well that's assuming you'd balance the items off of the worst characters. Something that is balanced when added to the stronger characters would be fine (and we honestly shouldn't have worse characters-- at least not to the point where they're a seperate tier of usability.)

More collectibles and having unique ways to play isn't a bad thing by itself. More complexity =/= bad.

Reactions: Wulfden