• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.2.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

I had my teams challenged a fair amount already so I can’t speak for those who were affected by the inclusivity bug, but in my opinion the actual defence mechanic itself works great. However, I feel that the points earned through it are quite frankly insignificant at any tier. I regret to say that when pressing the claim button it feels more like a chore to watch the unhasting score increase animation than it feels like a reward. I don’t know whether this is an accurate assessment, but I feel like it would be roughly appropriate if on average it was possible to reach milestone #1 only with defence teams exclusively and so far I’m quite certain I have not been able to do that. There is also a whole load of psychology involved in trying to craft a team that is as strong as possible in practice but looks extremely humble on paper so that it will be underestimated and fought frequently. This isn’t an issue per se, but it is interesting.

I've been fought a small handful of times. Winning only slightly less than I lose. Still challenged more than before the update though. (in the case of gold, I'm sure untouchable Peacock is scaring everyone away lol)
Honestly it feels like a completely negligible amount of points. I think I've only gotten the first Milestone off of the points, vs the 5 mil+ I usually get just off playing regularly. Maybe make wins reward something like skill points? As it is now it's better to make a team everyone will challenge Vs. an actually good defense team.
10 feels fine, I check it every couple hours but if I didn't that would probably give me time to see how many I need.

Reactions: Psyche
Hey folks! Just checking in on this change:

Has anyone gone several days without being challenged?
Is everyone being fought semi regularly?

How do you guys feel about the rate that you're earning points through defense team wins?
Is storing up to 10 fights in your fight history too small a number? Too large?

in the last PF (Big Band one) i felt like i wasn't being challenged often, tbh. it felt like only 2-5 people fought my teams for it (i didn't really keep track, but i barely got any rewards for people fighting my team the whole PF). it was like, one or two times a day someone fought my team. sometimes not at all.

also, i do appreciate the extra points i get when i am challenged, but sometimes it just seems a bit underwhelming? not asking for like, 10,000 points when someone loses against my team, but it's just a bit unsatisfying and doesn't make a difference (like PHPP said).

one thing i do want to suggest is (i discussed this with some players over the in-game chat), once you get up to the point where the fight modifiers are active and it's like a 140%+ boost to their health and attack, it's really hard to beat them before the timer runs out. the person i discussed this with suggested that once you got up to those high fight modifier stages where it feels like you're fighting Marie 300%, the fight timer would be extended so we have a chance at beating the enemy with the boss health they have. an extra 30-60 seconds would really make a difference and prevent the disappointment with losing your streak to a time out loss!

Last edited:
Reactions: PHPP and p3acock

How do you guys feel about the rate that you're earning points through defense team wins?

In general, I get challenged VERY rarely regardless of my team. Gold pf is where I get challenged the most but I still haven't gotten 10 challenges even after like 9 hours offline, I'd say I get challenged about 15 times during the 3 days period of the regular character prize fight with my strongest composition based on FS. Now for Silver PF, when I make my team out of 3 fighters with aproximately 3.5k FS in each of them (strongest team I can put together), my amount of challenges during the same time is about 10 in a best case scenerio but if I make the weakest team possible I'd say that would go up to 20, tops. As for Bronze PF... Well, even though I haven't missed a single character PF since this sistem was introduced, I've never, not even once, got challenged in this ''difficulty''. I already tried using both my strongest and weakest bronze but still no one did ever challenge me.

Getting free points is always nice, can't complain about that, but it just doesn't feel like it makes a difference. Considering the amount necessary to get both regular and % prizes even if I won all challenges I recieved, which honestly doesn't happen since we lose most of them anyway, it would not make a significant difference. I get about 2.3k for each win in gold pf, that would be about 34,5k points in an almost impossible scenario like this. Don't get me wrong, I think the points we get for defense is fine,we should not be too well rewarded for them. I mean, we basically don't do anything (besides choosing which figher the AI will use for us) to get those and the game gives us points even when we lose which doesn't happen in our ''normal'' fights, but in the end, be from a win or from a loss, defense points don't really make a difference in my opinion

At the current situation I think 10 is a great number as a fight history,but if you guys want to change it please don't make a redution!

EDIT: Finally got challenged on bronze pf for the first time, and I won!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180425-130708.png
    Screenshot_20180425-130708.png
    581.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Inked

My team has actually been challenged a lot more ever since the update, now the only thing is if the users WANT to challenge my teams, which isn't a problem until we get to the gold prizefights.

If I use my team of Surgeon Val, Wulfsbane Beo, and Dragon Fighter Beo, I get challenged very often (the cpu team has a low win rate, but it's fun to see the types of teams people use to defeat my team).

However, the moment I switch Dragon Fighter to Dreadlocks FIlia the challenges trickle down to only a handful ( this cpu team has a high win rate and any losses are usually towards a diva intervention) I feel like there should be a bit of an incentive/reward for people to take on very challenging teams ( any team with a very defensive fighter like dreadlocks and armed forces).

As for the rate my defense team is earning points... it's kinda small, it'll get me through the first two milestones without me doing anything but it only contributes as a negligible amount to my pf score. Which, in my opinion, is okay because prizefights are for you to seek out other opponents and fight them yourself. I'm interested to see what you guys will implement in the future!

My team got challenged decently, like 3 or 5 a day in the first 2 days and almost no challenge in the last day, just like before. Earning point is ok for me,and 10 is enough,I hardly got more than 10 unless I set a weak defending team.

Last edited:
I get challenged a fair amount, maybe 20 times total across all 3 leagues throughout the three days. It seems that most people play on the first day, as that seems to be when I get the most challenges.

At first, I felt conflicted as to what team I should make. An easy one would be picked more often, but a hard one would win more. I realize now that a harder team seems to be more worth it, as a win is basically worth 10 losses.

The amount of points is rather small, to the point where even a small amount of canopy coins would be way more worthwhile in my book. It would be nice if it showed what streak the opponent was on, as it would feel pretty nifty if my team stopped a 30 streak :)

I actually really like the idea of setting up a team for the AI to use. Maybe we could set up AI vs AI fights in the future?

once you get up to the point where the fight modifiers are active and it's like a 140%+ boost to their health and attack, it's really hard to beat them before the timer runs out. the person i discussed this with suggested that once you got up to those high fight modifier stages where it feels like you're fighting Marie 300%, the fight timer would be extended so we have a chance at beating the enemy with the boss health they have. an extra 30-60 seconds would really make a difference and prevent the disappointment with losing your streak to a time out loss!
Yeah, the extra stats kinda limit the characters you can choose. I got up to a 51 streak last PF, and I found out that the buffs go up to 500% damage/hp. The only method that can even work at that point is using characters with really strong bleed effects (Rusty Painwheel+Sundae School Double = top-tier combo in any rank), as bleed pretty much ignores the HP boost. Xenomorph can also work, as she can pretty much circumvent most fight modifiers. But, as a result, many characters suddenly lost their viability in PFs due to the 3 minute timer (and enemy Resonant Evils have become unholy terrors). Honestly, simply surviving those battles for 3 minutes is quite a feat.

Reactions: PHPP
Hi again everyone!

We've been hard at work on our 2.2.1 hotfix update, which should contain fixes for some issues that were introduced after our 2.2. update. Keep an eye out for this update soon!

Here's a summary of what the update includes:

PRIZE FIGHTS
  • Fixed an issue that prevented certain Defense Teams from displaying as often as other Defense Teams, thus limiting their opportunities to earn points.
  • EDIT: The above fix is now live as of 4/18/2018 (PST)
CHAT
  • By request, added a button to completely disable Chat for players who don't want to engage with it.
  • Made several performance optimizations to the Chat feature.
  • Updated Chat filters to be more lenient (you can now say Peacock!)
  • Reduced (hopefully eliminated!) issues where messages would overlap each other.
  • Doubled Chat room capacity!
SOFT LOCK ISSUES
  • Fixed a number of related issues that could lead to a Soft Lock (forcing you to restart the app), including:
    • Tapping a character card on the results screen.
    • Pressing the Android "back" button in various stages of the results screen.
    • Missing continue button during Prize Fights results screen flow.
    • Molly showing up on the main menu uninvited when navigating back from the node map.
    • Prize Fight Defense Team CLAIM button not functioning properly.
    • Main Menu "dimming" and becoming unresponsive.
    • Opening a Relic not functioning properly.
    • Mission UI not functioning properly.
MEMORY IMPROVEMENTS / HARD CRASH REDUCTIONS
  • Many optimizations were made to back end memory management to further reduce the frequency of crashes.
IOS RESOLUTION SLIDER
  • Implemented a resolution slider on iOS by popular request. For those players using older models (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6), you can use this to improve your performance!
Please make sure to let us know if you're still experiencing any issues after this update is released!

We're always listening, so don't forget to share your thoughts and suggestions about what you would like to see next on our feedback forum!
We need more story mode episodes as well as origin stories ASAP. I hope you all are working on it.

Reactions: RMITB and PHPP
We need more story mode episodes as well as origin stories ASAP. I hope you all are working on it.

once the new character (Squigly) comes i imagine they'll add new stories as well! i think we went so long without a story after Ascent of a Woman because the following parts needed new characters that weren't implemented until now (Beowulf, Double). more will be coming soon, don't worry!

Reactions: RMITB and PHPP
Anyone wanna take guesses at the day range for the Squigley update?

Last edited:
We're working as fast as we can, but implementing a character and ironing out all of the kinks is no small task.
That's also only one aspect of the update, and we also have to implement her Daily Event, and Prize Fights, and also translate all of the added text.

Thanks for your patience!

We're working as fast as we can, but implementing a character and ironing out all of the kinks is no small task.
That's also only one aspect of the update, and we also have to implement her Daily Event, and Prize Fights, and also translate all of the added text.

Yes, no need to rush! Make the update as good as it can be! We know you guys can do it.

PS: you know the thread about squigly's palletes? number 16 is pretty nice...

I'll be sharing all of the palettes that we have decided on in a moment.
Get ready for her variant threads!
thank you for giving us something to chew on and look forward to besides the update itself (Squigly's SAs video clues!). please take your time with the update!

Reactions: TRIX
When is the gold relics coming back to buy?

I love squidly hoping to see her in the game new update can't wait tho

Your right we do need more story modes for all the character so the game can pick up more

I'll be sharing all of the palettes that we have decided on in a moment.
Get ready for her variant threads!
So it'll be just squidly in the new update?

Yes, no need to rush! Make the update as good as it can be! We know you guys can do it.

PS: you know the thread about squigly's palletes? number 16 is pretty nice...
What you mean about number 16?

Can I ask you something?

Last edited by a moderator:
@JAMES D JONES
In the future, please edit your post to contain new information.
No need for a sextuple post!

Reactions: TRIX
Sorry if I'm making to many post its just have questions to ask and idk