• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.2 Update Notes (LIVE!)

New update rolled out this morning, haven't had time to properly test it out, but so far it seems quite good.

Although even on silver prize fights, there's a ton of low-level teams.

I really think it should be made more clear that you only get 1% of your total xp when your defense team loses. Right now there seems to be way too many people putting up purposely badly constructed teams since the current info reads like you'll get xp whether your team win or lose, and it isn't obvious you'll get more points if your team fs is bigger.

I'm putting up a badly constructed team on purpose because it seems more profitable. 1/10th the points, but they're coming up really regularly. Who on earth would pick the most difficult team to fight?

Edit: I'm not sure why I bother to do this, since either way the points are tiny compared to fighting. Maybe it's a community service.

Last edited:
I can no longer play from this version, and apparently the application was removed from the store (without me doing anything) can someone tell me why this happens? :(

The real battle starts after 15 fights winning, i put one strong fighter and two weaks, you'll need the strongest, believe me.

I'm putting up a badly constructed team on purpose because it seems more profitable. 1/10th the points, but they're coming up really regularly. Who on earth would pick the most difficult team to fight?

Edit: I'm not sure why I bother to do this, since either way the points are tiny compared to fighting. Maybe it's a community service.

Easy to fight teams are good, but there are too many teams with tiny fs, I think.

I feel like prize fights starting at the weakest available fighters is a bit nerfed, and you end up wasting valuable fighter energy and time building your streak for very little reward and almost non-existent experience. For players like me, I use prize fights to level my lower fighters, and I have to use weaker fighters already to build a streak that's worth it. I can't devote hours and hours to the game just to build a streak.

I rather liked the original prize fight layout before, where enemy team FS was based off your chosen team, and scaled up higher with your streak, instead of starting abysmally weak and getting only fractionally stronger as your progress.
The Prized Fights are to fight with fighters of your same FS, according to the fighters you have chosen. I have been able to level up many fighters through this mode, but now they make me use weak fighters, I have no interest in improving them or leveling them up, because they are not the ones I prefer. I have already chosen my fighters according to their abilities and appearance, with FS of 4 thousand and up and these fights only make me lose time with very weak combats. It's not that the new way to fight in Prizefight mode is bad, the mistake is that they are not equal matches according to your fighters. We who have strong fighters do not give us any advantage fighting with too weak fighters, we need equal fights, just as the Prizefights had been before, that's what we ask them to do again. Better create another mode of Fights for this new form of fight that you want to implement, but I make it clear that I would not play it because I am not a new user and I will not lose my time in weak matches that are not matched.

The real battle starts after 15 fights winning, i put one strong fighter and two weaks, you'll need the strongest, believe me.
In the previous Prizefight mode, in those 15 bouts I have already raised my level of 8 Gold fighters of level 13 each. How many of your fighters raised their level in these 15 fights that you have done?

I agree completely. The new prize fight system is very weird and boring. I have leveled up the characters I like and now they sitting for 15 fights doing nothing!!!
Please go back

Easy to fight teams are good, but there are too many teams with tiny fs, I think.

Oh. Yeah, I can't disagree with that seeming a bit weird.

---

As more general feedback on this update, I'm having mixed feelings about the new Prize Fight system. I'm inclined to agree with people that it starts WAY too easy if you have a good line up, and takes too long to ramp up, so that you're like 10 fights in and still using one character to quickly wipe out entire teams. That's not a terrible experience for me, but it's also not the most interesting thing to do. It's busy work, which I'm not sure really benefits the game.

On the other hand, at the high end, I'm enjoying things a LOT more. I like that the teams get more and more difficult, and that there's more variety in who I'm fighting, even if there are the moments still when 2/3s of all the 3 teams are Cerebella. But that happens less now, which is great! Much more fun. And since there is a significant downside to losing, in the form of having to do the above busy work to get back up to high streak, there's some nice pressure to really keep going. The one downside is that eventually you really just want to be using your best team, or risk losing your streak and that means playing the game a little less.

Setting defense teams is fun-ish, but fairly pointless in terms of getting points. Maybe I'd put that down as a small good thing added to the game. It's enough to make you think about the team you want to put up, but not so much that it's likely to create weird distortions where everyone agrees what the best defensive team is and does the same thing.

---

One odd note: My scores seem to be a lot higher than they used to be too? I'm at a streak of 17 in the silvers Prize Fight and I'm almost done with all the progression goals. My gold score is similarly also a huge amount higher than it would usually be. Not sure how that fits in with all the low score fights, but I guess there might be some benefit to player scores that you simultaneously have a bunch of fights that have a 3.5x multiplier from your streak but are also completely trivial to win.

Reactions: PHPP
Oh. Yeah, I can't disagree with that seeming a bit weird.
One odd note: My scores seem to be a lot higher than they used to be too? I'm at a streak of 17 in the silvers Prize Fight and I'm almost done with all the progression goals. My gold score is similarly also a huge amount higher than it would usually be. Not sure how that fits in with all the low score fights, but I guess there might be some benefit to player scores that you simultaneously have a bunch of fights that have a 3.5x multiplier from your streak but are also completely trivial to win.

That's the thing with the new prize fights, by the time you get to the score you started before you already have a very high multiplier, so new one is better to get points, but worse for leveling

My personal experience is it gives everyone the incentiv3 to use everyone and slowly level up characters that were sitting useless under the old system. If you had a specific team you went with because youd focused on them just so youd have one team of level 50s... you werent using a lot of level 20s.
Now I do and it makes getting up to streak 12 only take about 10 mins if I lose a match.

Reactions: fanghoul
To balance out all the complaints in this thread (including several of mine), let's remember guys, the whole point of all this was because we kept complaining about all the 3xbella teams. Nobody likes fighting bellas, remember? Concrit is good, but complaining about the system in whole and demanding they switch it back is pretty meaningless and a little ungrateful.

I can no longer play from this version, and apparently the application was removed from the store (without me doing anything) can someone tell me why this happens? :(

Hi Nestor,

What OS are you using? We made some upgrades to the latest build which requires that any Android users are using version 4.4 or above.

Let us know!

David
Hidden Variable Studios

Reactions: Zuzuska
To balance out all the complaints in this thread (including several of mine), let's remember guys, the whole point of all this was because we kept complaining about all the 3xbella teams. Nobody likes fighting bellas, remember? Concrit is good, but complaining about the system in whole and demanding they switch it back is pretty meaningless and a little ungrateful.

Wait... people didn't like fighting triple harlequin? I fing love fighting that, I'd much rather fight triple Bella teams over and over and get nice xp and points than wasting 30 mins of my time waiting for the AI to kill those worthless teams or one shooting them myself in the most boring figths I ever fought

Wait... people didn't like fighting triple harlequin? I fing love fighting that, I'd much rather fight triple Bella teams over and over and get nice xp and points than wasting 30 mins of my time waiting for the AI to kill those worthless teams or one shooting them myself in the most boring figths I ever fought

Well yeah there were a ton of complaints in this forum about how only harlequins and big bands become useful after some point. thats why the devs changed the pf.

In the previous Prizefight mode, in those 15 bouts I have already raised my level of 8 Gold fighters of level 13 each. How many of your fighters raised their level in these 15 fights that you have done?

Yes you're right, the worst part is when I lose a fight and I must start from level one again fighting against teams with less than .05k, that's so boring. 100 xp for each fighter. R they kidding me?

It's prize mode, not lvl up mode

It's prize mode, not lvl up mode

Even in one of the tips you get from loading screens suggest to use prize fights as a lvl up method.... so it was also intended as one, and you don't need a bella to fight a triple harlequin team :'( i used to solo it with my gold bad hair day filia so it was tons of exp

Reactions: vucaar
People on some level tend to like profit (or point, or coin or...) maximizing behavior, and if developers let it, this can completely skew gameplay, till it's the norm to be doing something like fighting 3 Cerebellas 20-30 times in a row from here on into eternity. The best case scenario then is that everyone eventually manages to get all the XP meters to fill from left to right, then decide it's boring because they can't move the XP meter any further and quit. The game needs to have some sort of enjoyment factor beyond slowly just making numbers larger, because otherwise how on Earth would the game differentiate itself from all the other bland grindfests?

Reactions: Kokonut