No plans for anything like this right now, sorry.Will there any option to set the timer in the next update? It's kinda frustating if the opponent's have low health but the time's already out and we get lose.
but when my team had the most health vs opponent team "who had one more punch to death" seems no affecting the winning, then i just give up, ready to lose streak3) If timeout wins went to the player with the most health, it opens the door for strategies where you hit your opponent once, then run away for 3 minutes until the time expires, giving you the win. Even if you had 500 fs Bronze vs a 16,000 fs Diamond, it's still possible as long as you never get touched after hitting them just once! Not the most engaging gameplay.
As always you guys do an incredible job at expanding Skullgirls into so many different ways. So hyped for the next update and for the whole of 2019. I really want to see how Skullgirls will continue to evolve into the ultimate mobile fighting game. May ALLAH (God in Arabic) always bless you all and I wish you the best of luck for 2019.Hey everyone!
2018 is officially in the books -- and what a year it was!
In January we successfully migrated over from LINE... only for our servers to take one on the chin in February. OOF! Nonetheless, undeterred, we bounced back strong and went on to add a TON of new stuff!
Squigly and Ms Fortune made their much anticipated debuts, along with Chat, Marquee Abilities, Silver/Gold/Diamond Fighter Shards, Diamond Evolution, Natural Diamond Fighters, Halloween Fighters, the Cabinet of Curiosities, and Rift Battles! That doesn’t even cover fundamental combat changes (BB3 logic changes, Infinite Combo Prevention, etc) and guaranteed rare drops from 10+1 Relic pulls - it’s been a busy year!
For a trip down memory lane, I recommend browsing through our Update Notes to see how far we’ve come. With all those features in place, we’re now ready to turn our attention to new, exciting features in 2019!
Just like our 2018 Preview post, the features below are going to be discussed in very broad terms. This is intentional. While our goals remain fixed - the route we take to achieve them often changes once we sink our teeth into the task at hand (and a little air of mystery is nice from time to time).
As such, what we describe below may not 100% match exactly what makes it into the game - it should at least give you an idea of where our priorities lie in the not too distant future.
So, without further ado - let’s dive in!
This only scratches the surface of some of the things we have in store for the rest of the year. As always, we are 100% committed to continuing to grow the Skullgirls Mobile experience in new and exciting ways to ensure that there is always a wide array of interesting, varied, fun, and challenging content for you all to enjoy throughout the year.
- NEW CHARACTERS - Robo Fortune is on the horizon, and Fukua may be next! What comes after them will depend largely on how the game is performing - but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!
- ORIGIN STORIES - Filia! Eliza! Beowulf! We’ll continue to release new Origin Stories for all your favorite characters! These dropped in priority in favor of Rift Battles as the year went on, but we’re excited to dive back into revealing even more never-before-seen lore.
- RIFT BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS - Much like the series of improvements we made to Prize Fights, we are committed to adding new features and functionality to Rift Battles until they are just right. We’ve heard your feedback and will be taking all of it into account. Stay tuned for details on new tools to help craft the perfect defense map.
- PUZZLE BOX CHALLENGES - In the vein of Accursed Experiments, we have plans for new dastardly challenges that will require careful tactical use of certain fighters and modifiers in order to conquer them. Keep building a diverse roster in preparation!
- GUILD BASED CONTENT - Now that some basic Social features are in place, we plan to extend them further to include friend lists, guilds, and supporting cooperative / competitive modes to go along with it. Still on our list!
- OPTIMIZATIONS APLENTY - We’re knee deep in a host of optimizations and refinements that will help improve stability and performance across a wide array of devices.
- SYNC PVP EXPLORATION - As we’ve discussed prior, we’ve built Skullgirls Mobile from the ground up to support Sync PvP. In 2019 we plan to invest more time and energy into seeing how viable this will be as a high quality, over the air PvP experience. Can’t promise anything yet - but stay tuned for more details!
- MISC GOODIES - Although these aren’t at the top of the queue, we’re excited to explore some of the many things you’ve been requesting, like some form of Marie battle, Alternate VO Packs, and more! We’ll provide more clues about new features like these as we approach each new update.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
All that said, the scope of what we can do depends on how successfully the game performs. Obviously IAPs are a HUGE help (thank you!), the next best thing you can do is help more players discover Skullgirls Mobile so we can expand our playerbase.
As such, PLEASE share the love for Skullgirls and help us grow! Some ideas include:
Lastly, if there’s anything in particular you are hoping to see in 2019 (either as a part of the items mentioned above or as something new entirely), don’t be shy about sharing them below - we’re always listening!
- Giving us 5-stars on the App Store or Google Play Store and writing us a positive review
- Sharing the game with friends and/or posting about the game on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Reaching out to influencers, streamers, YouTubers, etc, to see if they will stream the game
Thanks once again for all of your support!
Charley (MightyZug) and the Skullgirls Mobile team
Agree to thisSo excited! Question: I’ve said this a lot but will more fighters receive updates to improve their SAs? I really want Decrypted to get her old SA2 back and twisted Mettle could have a longer bleed. Other than that I’m super excited and keep up the amazing work!
While i'm personally not too hyped for fukua, i am quite excited for the Robo. *Lasers Galore~~*. I bet Liam's pink palette is going to be the strongest fighter yetNEW CHARACTERS - Robo Fortune is on the horizon, and Fukua may be next! What comes after them will depend largely on how the game is performing - but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!
:ragesweat:but if all goes well BRAND NEW characters may await!
Good stuff. Always appreciated.RIFT BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS
Now this sounds interesting. I always wanted to make a small writeup on how we could really use more events like AE, as they're tough challenges, but also present a great way to get some great XP and coin outside of grinding PFs, to switch it up a little.PUZZLE BOX CHALLENGES
Also something i am very much excited for, especially cause i already hang out in the discord every now and then.GUILD BASED CONTENT
While i am not a big fan of PVP myself (Rifts already make me salty enough haha), i am curious how this is going to be approached, seeing as with it's current gameplay mechanics it is very hard to go on the offense outside of punishing the AIs own aggression.SYNC PVP EXPLORATION
I've been hoping for those voice packs for a while - let me throw money at you!MISC GOODIES
I want to know more about her after watch Beowulf's story mode. Then I google it and find out that her mother was a SkullgirlBoy, if we get brand new characters, that would blow my mind. I really hope it all goes well, so that one day i may be able to see Annie of the Stars in all her animated and voiced glory <3
There's tons of interesting and cool characters that are just waiting to be realized, but Annie is definitely my top pick, i just loved her in Beowulf's story mode, so please, do whatever you can to make her a reality
my favorite thing about that is the following trivia:I want to know more about her after watch Beowulf's story mode. Then I google it and find out that her mother was a Skullgirl
Annie is already being animated for another game? Sweet! I wonder if they'll do a voting/fundraiser again or just go with a character like Annie or Umbrella that already has a plan. I know I was pushing for Umbrella, but Annie's great too.The whole list has me hyped, but the possibility of a new character is crazy! The odds as I see them:
- She's already being animated for Indivisible as a (guest character). Might be enough to be a good start on porting her into SGM?
- Super famous, even Parasoul is a fan of her, why aren't you?
- More lore! As mentioned earlier in the thread, she is the daughter of an unamed Skullgirl
- Most of her moves have been planned out, as she was like Squigly, meant to be a character from the very beginning
- Cellsai has acquired the Skull Heart and somehow made a wish
- But not in "boss mode" but still a Skullgirl.
You have a point, but if no one hits, then the timer will just go off and nobody will win. The devs have already expressed that they wouldn't base a win on timeout by the fighter with the most HP, so there would be little benefit to being so defensive.I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws.
Also the fact that most fighters can kill any fighter of the same lvl with just 1 combo without any modifiers, and that would just be unfun.
After 3 seconds blocking, gain a Random debuff for 10 seconds.I am not a fan of tha PvP implementation since game mechanics favour are pretty much block until AI makes a mistake, that would make PvP just 2 guys blocking for 3 minutes and everyone using Cerebela with throw moves and BB to prevent enemy throws
That's why exists a thing called "Burst". To break down the enemy combosAlso the fact that most fighters can kill any fighter of the same lvl with just 1 combo without any modifiers, and that would just be unfun.