• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Brand New Skullgirls Mobile Character FAQ

If you love this idea, and want to support the intrepid devs of HVS, then there is a foolproof method for doing so.

Buy some theo. Buy some relics. Buy some coin. Give them a little bit of your hard-earned cash. Goodness knows they have earned some cash to call their own.

Aw jeez oh man I can't wait for

Double-2.gif

(I made this btw)

Big news! Overdosing on hype just when I'm about to fall asleep.

My guess: everyone's favorite ageless TV star, Annie
A2.jpg
Originally, I had high hopes she'd be picked since she will be a guest character in Indivisible (coming later this year), but the style difference between games might require some redrawing (see Robo-Fortune's process, benefiting from mostly Ms. Fortune redraws)

If you doubt Annie's popularity, remember she was top 4 and top 10 in both summer of 2013 DLC votes! (they had different polling methods for each vote, BTW)

3rd DLC vote
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Eliza
  4. Minette

4th DLC vote
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Beowulf
  4. B. Dahlia
  5. Feng
  6. Isaac
  7. Minette
  8. Panzerfaust
  9. Stanley
  10. Venus
Honestly, I'd be happy with any character they pick!

so me and my friends just had a little bit of theorizing around and we concluded that the new fighter is umbrella.

why?

the reporter is from parasoul's story from sg2e, because that's the first time where we meet umbrella due to her being para's sister
the skeleton hints towards the skullgirls, but still related to umbrella because her mother is a skullgirl and in a way, umbrella is a half skullgirl
the ice cream truck is pretty obvious, umbrella loves ice cream

i would like to thank melon_n_n for helping me with this theory, ehe. again, this is just a theory (a game theory) and not to be taken too seriously

So do you guys have a specific number of many brand new fighters you will be wanting to add, or will you be trying for as many as you possibly can?

Also, when creating new fighters will you be possibly trying some more experimental type characters that use very out of the ordinary mechanics, sort of like ms fortune?

Reactions: Yomady
Whoever gets added, I'm seeing it more as opening the flood gates for more characters down the line given the right support

So honestly I'll support any character that gets added, drop a decent amount of cash for them, just on the metric that the characters I've always been rooting for (coughScythanacough) have a much greater chance of one day becoming a reality.

I still consider Skullgirls Mobile to be the best """gacha""" game I've ever played because each unlock really does feel unique, and I'm glad to see it keeping the train going

Oh... Fukura... might keep one around. Honestly don't care about her at all. But this new character... I hope it's either Umbrella or Marie. Maybe Black Dahlia.

haha, if one takes those great joke cards in the first post seriously, then yeah, it is obviously hinting towards Umbrella.

The biggest clues are in the ice cream truck card:
WHY ARE YOU EATING ICE-CREAM? I ALWAYS EAT ICE CREAM WHEN
I'M HA
VING A BAD DAY. BUT YOU EAT ICE CREAM EVERY DAY

Reference to the famous comic by kata-009:
https://k009comics.com/post/67592032939/saltiness-intensifies

And then, in the lower right under the variant names (they were ice cream all along!):
BRAIN FREEZE COLD
STONES BAD MS FROSTY
OPERATION CHOCOLATE DAWN

Reference to Parasoul's story mode:
CD.jpg

But first, Fukua hype! We're gonna need a Fukua section in the Characters area of the forum

Last edited:
One weird thing about Fukua that I'd like to see is everyone getting a Fukua color scheme in like a "off brand clone event" and all their names are misspelled, but that's just wishful thinking sjkfhjksf

A reporter, skeleton, and a ice cream trunk
EyIrWlm.png

What?! You read that right! We are currently actively developing a BRAND NEW CHARACTER for Skullgirls Mobile that was not included in the original 2nd Encore roster!

I’m sure you have a lot of questions -- ENTER THE PRE-EMPTIVE FAQ:

WHAT CHARACTER IS IT?! CAN WE VOTE ON WHO WE GET?
Although the character has already been decided (development on them has already begun), we’ll be announcing exactly who it is at a later date. You won’t be disappointed!

SERIOUSLY - WHO IS IT?!
Who knows?

WAIT - look!

VJc7pBx.png

CKN ANCHOR REPORTING FOR DUTY

Just kidding... This reporter is double booked until next year, so we went with someone else! :p

HILARIOUS. SERIOUSLY THOUGH - HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!
As we’ve mentioned in earlier update posts, this has always been something we’ve been working towards. Now with Fukua coming soon and the game steadily doing well, all of us (Hidden Variable, Autumn, and Lab Zero) felt the time and circumstances were right to dive into a new character and see how things go!

NICE! SO LAB ZERO IS INVOLVED... RIGHT?
Absolutely! We wouldn’t dream of making a new character without involving Lab Zero. They’ve been a central part of the whole process and the core Lab Zero team members (notably Mike and Mariel) are all involved in ensuring the new character lives up to Lab Zero’s best-in-class standards.

D-DOES THAT MEAN THIS CHARACTER IS GOING TO BE ADDED TO 2ND ENCORE?
We’ll see! The amount of animation and design work needed to develop a character for mobile is only 60-70% of the work needed for a full 2nd Encore character (not accounting for all of the overhead that comes with a new content release for consoles). As such, although we’re obviously a LOT closer to doing so than if we hadn’t made a new character for mobile, there’s still a fair amount of work that would be necessary to make them 2E-ready.

The idea definitely isn’t lost on us, though!

WHEN IS THIS CHARACTER COMING OUT?
Lab Zero currently has a ton on their plate (including Indivisible DLC), so we can’t currently confirm exactly when the character will wrap up and be released, but we are definitely planning to do so during 2020. We’ll have more updates regarding timing in the coming months!

OK, BUT SERIOUSLY - WHO IS IT?
It could be anyone! But it’s probably definitely NOT just some rando Skullgirl minion, haha.

et5L09Y.png

*CHATTERING TEETH*

FINE FINE, CAN WE EXPECT MORE CHARACTERS IN THE FUTURE?
It all depends! Although creatively new content is always super exciting, the viability of creating more of it is heavily influenced by the numbers. If the new character generates the revenue we expect that they will in Skullgirls mobile, that will help to facilitate more mobile characters (and potentially help to pave the path for them to make their way to other platforms).

We’re pretty bullish on things, but we’ll have to wait and see how everything shakes out!

SOOOO…. WHAT IS THE CURRENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AUTUMN AND LAB ZERO?
Hidden Variable, Autumn, and Lab Zero are all actively working together on the development of this latest character. We’re excited to collectively move forward to create more Skullgirls content together and see what the future holds!

AWESOME! ...SO WHO IS IT REALLY?!!
OK, a hint. They may or may not have been hiding in plain sight THIS WHOLE TIME...

xdU5Zg1.png

*Ice Cream Truck Music Blaring*​

OK OK, I’LL STOP ASKING.
OH! BUT WHAT ABOUT <PRESSING QUESTION>?

If you have another question that we haven’t covered here, please respond to this thread and - if we’re able to answer it - we will update this FAQ to the best of our ability. Beyond that, we can’t wait to share more information in the coming months!

NOTE: Please do NOT relentlessly ping Lab Zero for any additional information on the new character. If you have any questions at all regarding their status, please bring it up here and we’ll do our best to address your questions as best we can.

Eager to hear even more about what we have planned for Skullgirls Mobile? Stay tuned for our full 2020 preview post later this week.

As always, we couldn't have gotten to this point without everyone's support of the mobile game and Skullgirls as a whole. Here’s to even more exciting stuff for Skullgirls in 2020! ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

<3 Charley (MightyZug) and the rest of us at Hidden Variable, Lab Zero, and Autumn Games
This is so cool, I actually speechless yesterday and still stuttering on words to say about it today.

Are these clues to working it out? I think I might have it, and naturally I ain't saying it out loud! (true un-spoiler doesn't).

Big news! Overdosing on hype just when I'm about to fall asleep.

My guess: everyone's favorite ageless TV star, Annie
View attachment 8325
Originally, I had high hopes she'd be picked since she will be a guest character in Indivisible (coming later this year), but the style difference between games might require some redrawing (see Robo-Fortune's process, benefiting from mostly Ms. Fortune redraws)

If you doubt Annie's popularity, remember she was top 4 and top 10 in both summer of 2013 DLC votes! (they had different polling methods for each vote, BTW)

3rd DLC vote
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Eliza
  4. Minette

4th DLC vote
  1. Aeon
  2. Annie
  3. Beowulf
  4. B. Dahlia
  5. Feng
  6. Isaac
  7. Minette
  8. Panzerfaust
  9. Stanley
  10. Venus
Honestly, I'd be happy with any character they pick!

I'm hoping it's Annie! I'm not entirely sure why I hope it's Annie, but she's always seemed like one of the more interesting background characters, and I'd love to learn more about her.

haha, if one takes those great joke cards in the first post seriously, then yeah, it is obviously hinting towards Umbrella.

The biggest clues are in the ice cream truck card:
WHY ARE YOU EATING ICE-CREAM? I ALWAYS EAT ICE CREAM WHEN
I'M HA
VING A BAD DAY. BUT YOU EAT ICE CREAM EVERY DAY

Reference to the famous comic by kata-009:
https://k009comics.com/post/67592032939/saltiness-intensifies

And then, in the lower right under the variant names (they were ice cream all along!):
BRAIN FREEZE COLD
STONES BAD MS FROSTY
OPERATION CHOCOLATE DAWN

Reference to Parasoul's story mode:
View attachment 8338

But first, Fukua hype! We're gonna need a Fukua section in the Characters area of the forum

WeLL i think Umbrella wouldn't be so bad... But man, everyone is really hoping for Annie or Black Dahlia... I personally hope that we would have Venus.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
WeLL i think Umbrella wouldn't be so bad... But man, everyone is really hoping for Annie or Black Dahlia... I personally hope that we would have Venus.
I'd love Venus or any of the other divine entities, but I doubt they'd pick them over someone else more central to the existing cast. Venus would really only be able to play off Double and maybe Eliza through the Queen Lamia connection. Annie and Black Dhalia both have Medici connections and Annie knows Beowulf so they're more likely.

Reactions: Deeves
Is it safe to assume that the new fighter is an already established character in the SG universe? Pretty much everyone thinks so, myself included, but it would be nice to confirm. Anyways, thanks devs.:)

Here's what I think:

We have Ms. Fortune, cats have 9 lives.

We got Beowulf Number ONE, which puts us at 10.

Double is another way to say 2, right? 10 - 2 is 8

Star Spangled Cerebella was released last year for the 4th of July. 8 - 4 is.....4

If we take into account Mean ONE, and subtract that as well......

HALF-LIFE 3 IS CONFIRMED!

There's a 90% chance it'll be a girl, probably one who'd be after the Skullgirl. The roster's full of them. But if I were to cling to that 10% and make a guess...

Panzerfaust? PAANZERFAAUST? :3

Btw a biig thank youu for the devs for making another SGM character possible. I honestly didn't expect this. x3