• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Painwheel - Firefly [Buff]

SvenZ

Reaction score
1719170730881.png1719170697630.png1719170769352.png

Firefly is an interesting variant, with glaring Achilles heel. Having both her Signature Abilities trigger while under 50% HP make her suitable only for defense. And even there, it doesn't provide enough to make her viable, despite having decent HP compared to other variants.

This rework on the surface may look like a nerf, but believe me, it's a really strong Buff

Signature Ability 1
Old

When blocking while below 50% HEALTH, gain 5/6/8% HEALTH per second.​
New
While blocking, gain 1/2/3% HEALTH and BLOCKBUSTER METER per second. Effects are doubled while below 50% HEALTH.​
Reasons for SA1 change:
1. The health requirement from the old version is way too limiting for the effects. Even though Firefly has pretty decent HP for a Painwheel variant, the healing will only ever heal her up to 50%, which is not going to help her last all that much. And then the BB meter gain will also stop, which is not good.
2. Now she constantly gains HP and Meter while Blocking. The value may not be amazing, but it's enough to improve her on both offense and defense. Especially since she can dish out a BB3 out much sooner.

Signature Ability 2
Old

Also gain 5/6/8% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second.​
New

BLOCK PROFICIENCY is increased by 15/20/25%. Effect is doubled while below 50% Health.​
Reasons for SA2 change
1. Increase Block Proficiency synergizes with her gameplan. Block as much as possible. This frees up another stat that the player can invest in, improving her utility on both offense and defense.

Changelog
Remake ver 2
Signature Ability 1
Old

New
While blocking, gain 1/2/3% HEALTH per second. Effect is doubled while below 50% HEALTH.​
Reasons for SA1 change:

Signature Ability 2
Old

New

Also gain 1/2/3% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second. Effect is doubled while below 50% HEALTH.​
Reasons for SA2 change

Remake ver 1
Signature Ability 1
Old

New
While blocking, gain 2/3/4% HEALTH per second. Effect is doubled while benefiting from ENRAGE.​
Reasons for SA1 change:
1. The health requirement from the old version is way too limiting for the effects. Even though Firefly has pretty decent HP for a Painwheel variant, the healing will only ever heal her up to 50%, which is not going to help her last all that much.
2. PW now heals from the start, as soon as she starts blocking. 4% HP per sec is honestly not too strong, given that she has to block to obtain it, so it's a fair tradeoff.
3. The effect however, is significantly better now once she gains Enrage. PW has 2 easy and reliable sources of Enrage. Those being her Taunt (SMILE!) and BlockBuster 1 (HATRED INSTALL).
4. On Rifts, it's even better, as there are Enrage based Catalysts, allowing her to easily tap into the enhanced HP regen.
5. Support variants that grant Enrage also work great on her, and make her more viable on offense too now.

Signature Ability 2
Old

New

Also gain 2/3/4% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second. Effect is doubled while benefiting from ENRAGE.​
Reasons for SA2 change
1. Pretty much the same arguments as those for SA1.
2. Given she can now immediately start building BB Meter while defending, she's far better on offense, and significantly scarier on defense, as she can reach Tier 3 BB much sooner.
3. Enrage based supports, make Firefly also much more viable on offense, thanks to more reliable BB meter gain

Last edited:
Suggestion Re-reworked. I think I'll reserve the Enrage benefits for another variant.

Firefly now constantly recovers HP and gains BB Meter while blocking. Effects of both are doubled while under 50% HP.

The value for HP regen and Meter gain while under 50% is lower, compared to old Firefly. However, combined with the fact that you can start building meter faster, and that you can heal to full, it's a worth it trade off in my opinion

Suggestion Re-reworked. I think I'll reserve the Enrage benefits for another variant.

Firefly now constantly recovers HP and gains BB Meter while blocking. Effects of both are doubled while under 50% HP.

The value for HP regen and Meter gain while under 50% is lower, compared to old Firefly. However, combined with the fact that you can start building meter faster, and that you can heal to full, it's a worth it trade off in my opinion
Hi there, I’m here again! Nice rework you got there! However, it seems that it’s a little shame that both sigs are very similar but separated. Here’s my new suggestion.

Firefly🔴
Sig1 - While blocking, gain 1/2/3% HEALTH and BB METER per second. Effect is doubled while below 50% HEALTH.

Sig2 - BLOCK PROFICIENCY increases by 15/20/25%. Effect is doubled while below 50% Health.

• I combined Sig 1 and 2 into one, and also incorporated a suggestion I made previously as Sig 2.

• Really good idea to remove the HP limit from the recovery and BB meter! It's great that the previous elements are still there. However, I feel like this is still not enough adjustment. This applies to all of Painwheel, but her HP is really low, so even if you block against opponent’s attack, you will likely be killed by chipping damage, especially in high difficulty modes.

• In my opinion, blocking is her strong point, increase block proficiency would be a good adjustment. This is same with my previous suggestion, but this one is stronger! In this sig2, increasing BP while below half HP is 50% (No change), but you can get 25% BP while above half HP too!

• This will allow her to play more defensively and stably than ever before, without any limitations on HP. Still, she is Painwheel and has high ATK, It is possible to make her shine in offense and also take measures for broken guard when you equip her 2nd marquee!!

Reactions: SvenZ
Hi there, I’m here again! Nice rework you got there! However, it seems that it’s a little shame that both sigs are very similar but separated. Here’s my new suggestion.

Firefly🔴
Sig1 - While blocking, gain 1/2/3% HEALTH and BB METER per second. Effect is doubled while below 50% HEALTH.

Sig2 - BLOCK PROFICIENCY increases by 15/20/25%. Effect is doubled while below 50% Health.

• I combined Sig 1 and 2 into one, and also incorporated a suggestion I made previously as Sig 2.

• Really good idea to remove the HP limit from the recovery and BB meter! It's great that the previous elements are still there. However, I feel like this is still not enough adjustment. This applies to all of Painwheel, but her HP is really low, so even if you block against opponent’s attack, you will likely be killed by chipping damage, especially in high difficulty modes.

• In my opinion, blocking is her strong point, increase block proficiency would be a good adjustment. This is same with my previous suggestion, but this one is stronger! In this sig2, increasing BP while below half HP is 50% (No change), but you can get 25% BP while above half HP too!

• This will allow her to play more defensively and stably than ever before, without any limitations on HP. Still, she is Painwheel and has high ATK, It is possible to make her shine in offense and also take measures for broken guard when you equip her 2nd marquee!!
I actually like that quite bit! Would make building up that stat a lot easier, and will provide freedom to the user to play around with other stats. Also makes her more favorable for new players, which is good as she's a lot of people's first gold PW. Not too strong, but definitely not smth to sneeze at

Reactions: Stone