1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Other Rift matchmaking based on power level is backfiring in upper ranks

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Yujipooji, May 12, 2019 at 6:21 AM.

1. Liam

Liam !Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

I have a lot more to say (I'll be back!) but real quick - DUEL is exactly what you're describing. You fight against the highest level of AI for 0 energy. Go find a Diamond in chat and ask them to set a specific Fighter you want to practice against!

Brother Null and educavalcantee like this.
  2. Jaz00

Jaz00 Active Member

This requires that I turn chat on and socialize! *gulp
    I imagine that once we get the Guild feature it would be easier to coordinate these things!

3. Liam

Liam !Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

You can arrange the duels in the Skullgirls Discord and then ask to meet them in a channel. That's what I do sometimes.

MatDestruction likes this.
  4. Yujipooji

Yujipooji New Member

I’m glad to see players speaking up about this.

FYI the suffering works on both ends .. i’m currently diamond 1, and i am constantly getting matched with the top players and losing 14-15 points. Then i match with another really strong player who is 100 rift points below me, and even if i do barely win, i earn 7-9 points and if i lose (very likely because they’re strong), i lose like 18-20 points. Meanwhile i see people climb to d1 or higher and have never met any of the top players (nothing against them, but this is just wrong)..

Climbing is really difficult when you have a strong base unless you are in gamma, odd or gunz’s position where they can beat practically everyone. Even then some players have it easier than them, because they get matched with each other quite often and it becomes a tossup.

5. Jaz00

Jaz00 Active Member

Similar situations here last week and this week. I kept getting matched with the same couple of Gold 2/D4 players with stronger base than mine. It’s a lot of efforts to beat them to earn 8 points or so. Then I’d lose a bunch of points to Megatron because he’s in high 1900s :/