1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Bug - Normal Rift Rating Drop

Discussion in 'Known Issues & Bugs' started by educavalcantee, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:05 AM.

1. educavalcantee

educavalcantee New Member

Yesterday (01/10/2019) I won a rift battle, and my rift rating went to something between 1390-1397. Today I noticed it is 1377 and I didn't play any battles. I would like to have a print to show my number of battles and streak to compare, but I couldn't imagine that my rating would drop for no reason. I'll start to take prints and show you guys if it happens again.

I'm currently at Silver 1

2. Bones

Bones New Member
    Hidden Variable Dev

What is your in game handle? I can look at your ratings and see what may've happened. Your rating will drop 16 points if you haven't been in a battle for 3 days, but there shouldn't be any other events that would have your rating drop.

3. nesteaisnasty

nesteaisnasty New Member

wait the rating goes down if we don't play for 3 days?.. i never knew that.

4. TonyPartridge30

TonyPartridge30 Active Member

Yes. It's to prevent people from trying to hold onto high ranks without doing anything.

5. infine

infine Active Member

There's a problem with displayed rift rating. It floats around since after week one and is inconsistent between the rating that's displayed in the rift battles window and the battle summary. I don't have any proofs on me since it's basically non-issue, but I can try collecting some shots.

I believe it's tied to games played between new rift day starting and the old rift season results coming in.
    At least for me it started after the first rift season closed, that day I played a game after the new day started but before ranking changed.

6. educavalcantee

It's not the case, I play rift battles everyday.

YES! That happens, and it's confusing. I was playing three days ago, and lost. The battle summary showed that I lost 12 points, but when I closed the window, I had -24. My bad for not taking any screenshots again, I totally forgot.

Luke likes this.
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

I have seen this floating last week. I would win but the scoreboard rift rating is higher then my rift rating in the rift battle main screen. I would lose but my main screen rift rating would be highter then the announced rating on the scoreboard.

I did 14 balltes last week and it’s happened to my knowledge at least 4 times. Everytime it’s 10 rating difference so I didn’t take any screenshot.

8. educavalcantee

That JUST happened. Brand new, from today. Let's see:

20190114_121756.jpg
    20190114_121838.jpg
    20190114_121908.jpg

The images are self explanatory. In the "Victory" window, it showed 1365 + 15, who turned to 1380. I believe that's a minor bug, but it's a little annoying. Haha

9. TonyPartridge30

TonyPartridge30 Active Member

So it looks like we should never trust the Rift Rating as displayed on the battle results screen, and only trust in the rating we see in the main Rift Battle menu.

10. educavalcantee

It seems so, until it got fixed.

11. Bones

Bones New Member
    Hidden Variable Dev

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future update. Thx everyone!

educavalcantee likes this.
  12. infine

infine Active Member

I just had this too, have shots, can't be bothered to upload since the bug is acknowledged.

It appears to double rating gain in the battle result window. If the battle was supposed to give you +x rating, result window will display it as gaining +2x rating, but your "real" rating properly changes by +x amount.

educavalcantee likes this.