1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Other Rift Score(And Matchmaking I Guess)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by jamar, May 22, 2019.

1. jamar

jamar New Member

The 3.2 matchmaking changes are here, and at level 61 Silver 2, they've been fairly positive for me. Not perfect, but I can almost always clear my opponent's map. You know, unless they have Futile Resistance and Darknut on the armor node. However, while matchmaking now includes collection strength in it's metrics, the rift rating gained/lost by playing does not. As a result, some matches that were originally competitive now have uneven incentives for winning. I'll file that under "ladder anxiety".
    I've added some screenshots from post-3.2.
    For example, in my matchup with user blackjackfkfkfkfkfk, my level was almost identical to theirs, and our collections were probably evenly matched, but because my Rift Rating was over 100 points higher, I would only gain 10RR for winning, but I would drop 20RR for losing. thanksobama.jpg

vucaar likes this.
  2. vucaar

vucaar Active Member

Yeah, it's kind of outrageous to watch that kind of penalty by losing having a similar collection and strength. I can't share the feeling of top and best players complaining that they want more "diversity" in rift battles, they won't forgive me, but they are on other level now, they shouldn't expect matches with people that would be so weak for them, they are in a "club" now due to their work and strength and they must fight with that people to have fair and matches with equal conditions.

I think developers would reduce the penalty by losing any match on rift battles. I am not bothered by winning 7 or 8 points, but losing 22 is enough. It's curious but before the matchmaking change, most of community complained about unfair matches and top players didn't say anything, didn't see from them a support. Now that top people complain about matchmaking, most of the community would complain about catalysts but not because they face so strong enemies, or have unfair matches if we talk about strength, matchmaking is not perfect but it improved, I can say that.

3. viperbite

viperbite New Member

I agree. Though getting 7-8 point matches arguably mean easy wins, I sometimes struggle with my opponents' boss nodes if they have fighters that I can't counter, so that easy win turns into a devastating loss. A -22 loss really hurts, so I definitely feel a lot of pressure when playing rift knowing that I will usually get matched with G2-D4. However, I also feel that with my collection, I don't deserve to be in D2 when there are much stronger D4s out there.

4. jamar

jamar New Member

I'm fine with the penalty being high as long as it's warranted. If someone loses an unfair rift that was tilted in their favor, it makes sense to punish them more. But if you lose an even rift and get punished the same, then we have a problem.

educavalcantee likes this.